Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

New Lighting and Shader Difference

• 9115 posts
    September 21, 2017 4:01 AM PDT

We're just going to drop this here for you to look at as we start to feel very "Twitchy" again, more to come soon ;) #PRF #Communitymatters

Image may contain: cloud, sky, mountain, tree, outdoor and nature

• 624 posts
    September 21, 2017 4:08 AM PDT

Admit it, you photoshop-ed in those clouds! (*grins*) They are simply stunning, amazing, beautiful.  Bruno et al. have made Thronefast even more spectacular.

Many thanks for sharing.

• 1468 posts

Wow. That looks pretty bloody amazing. I'm so hyped about this Twitch stream. News on it can't come soon enough :). I can tell I'm going to be spending a lot of time looking at the clouds :).

• 50 posts

Really do like the new lighting and shaders and am looking forward to another stream.

• 724 posts
    September 21, 2017 4:47 AM PDT

Have to agree, the sky looks "unreal" realistic! The colors look much move alive as well...overall, a really huge jump in quality. Nice work, please show more :)

• 16 posts
    September 21, 2017 6:34 AM PDT

Have to agree with Kumu on the clouds, they look almost "photoshop-ed". I showed my wife and she said something about the clouds, and she is not a gamer...fantastic job! Also where is the before and after on this shot? =Þ 

• 125 posts
    September 21, 2017 6:43 AM PDT

wow...stunning

• 248 posts
    September 21, 2017 7:02 AM PDT

So lovely!
    Really like the tree on the left and the grass - and the sky of cause xD

-sorte

• 189 posts
    September 21, 2017 7:20 AM PDT

Ooooo! When's stream!?

• 9115 posts
    September 21, 2017 7:20 AM PDT

Kumu said:

Admit it, you photoshop-ed in those clouds! (*grins*) They are simply stunning, amazing, beautiful.  Bruno et al. have made Thronefast even more spectacular.

Many thanks for sharing.

100% real in-game clouds thanks to our new lighting and shaders :)

The only thing I ever photoshop is our copyright watermark at the bottom right corner on every screenshot, that's it!

• 9115 posts
    September 21, 2017 7:21 AM PDT

fancy said:

Ooooo! When's stream!?

Hopefully next week but I will announce details on Monday to give everyone some notice :)

• 278 posts
    September 21, 2017 7:41 AM PDT

Ohh think gaming in 4k will be awsome great

Question: Kilsin will the game support HDR ?

• 35 posts
    September 21, 2017 8:01 AM PDT

Holy crap, this looks seriously nice.

Talking about clouds, and how amzing and life-like these look, I have a question for those with developer experience as I have no experience in that realm.

Is it possible to randomize cloud formations so they evolve, change, reform, dissipate, etc... much as do real clouds?

Well done, VR.

• 9115 posts
    September 21, 2017 8:12 AM PDT

Grizzly said:

Ohh think gaming in 4k will be awsome great

Question: Kilsin will the game support HDR ?

Unity does so I am sure we will do our best to support it too my friend :)

• 184 posts
    September 21, 2017 8:28 AM PDT

I can almost feel the humidity and wind picking up because of the detail in the rain clouds and lighting. I hope you guys bring out the ghosts and goblins during the rain and at night time like EQ. Loved that thrill of not being able to see far in front of me - heart pounding all the while - hoping to avoid a corpse run : )

• 17 posts
    September 21, 2017 8:31 AM PDT

With clouds like these why do I  even need to go out side. Never going outside again! 

• 523 posts
    September 21, 2017 9:09 AM PDT

Looks good Kilsin.  Would look even better if there was a Blood Mage standing on that road.

• 1778 posts
    September 21, 2017 10:03 AM PDT
    Hype!!
    • 416 posts
    September 21, 2017 11:40 AM PDT

That is simply gorgeous. Hyped about viewing the twitch stream too!

• 57 posts
    September 21, 2017 11:53 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

fancy said:

Ooooo! When's stream!?

Hopefully next week but I will announce details on Monday to give everyone some notice :)

Can I place a request that it not be either Monday or Thursday night? Lol kidding I will make sure I am there! Next week sounds awesome my friend.

• 151 posts
    September 21, 2017 1:53 PM PDT

I cant say enough about the quality of the sky. Such an awesome job. I cant wait to see it for myself. If it looks that good in a still shot the live shot should blow my mind.

• 3016 posts
    September 21, 2017 2:53 PM PDT

Love that pic..good job VR :)  Don't think Kilsin ever sleeps that pic was posted at 4 am lol.

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at September 21, 2017 3:07 PM PDT
    • 175 posts
    September 21, 2017 3:11 PM PDT

@CanadinaXegony Well given his timezone, I'd be much more worried if he's posting in the "afternoon". :)

The lighting/shader update is easily the most visible change in the game in the last 6 months. Really well done... congrats!

This post was edited by Archaen at September 21, 2017 3:11 PM PDT
    • 151 posts
    September 21, 2017 3:13 PM PDT
    If you stare at it long enough you can see the cloads moving.
    • 65 posts
    September 21, 2017 3:35 PM PDT

Amazing job guys