Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

My thoughts on "daily" content

• 21 posts
    September 20, 2017 12:21 AM PDT

Does anyone have any info on VR's thoughts about daily content? Or have any thoguhts themselves?

Honestly, I absolutly despise daily content. You know those quests and gatherings and talkings to things that a ton of mmos do? Hey today is Wednesday, its the day you go to this or that dungeon and do these quests, now its Friday, got to do these sets of quests on Friday to get x amount of points or favor to get XYZ item that everyone else has. Or oh my daily quests reset time to go do those for 2 hours of play. 

Then I hear, "oh you been offline for a few days? you missed all those daily quests and now you are behind everyone. Everyone already got XYZ item/s and is doing this other dungeon or area for the next better stuffs or upgrade." Now its hard to find peopel doing that piece of content and can't find a full group to do it, or you ahve to settle for a bunch of casual players or lowbie players that are jsut getting to it, meanwhiel everyone else you game with keeps going and you drop farther adn farther behind because you mised 2 days worht of "daily" content. Could go on and on. 

I actually work to pay bills, enjoy other games from time to time, Want to go out of town or hang out with friends every now and again. I don't have time to do game impacting dailies every single day and I'm sure other people don't either. If i start a game and it's basically 90% daily content and 10% everything else content, I don't stick around for very long. Not only do I get bored really fast when it comes to repeated actions and sequences, I just plain hate it. Gets on my nerves soooooo bad. Obviously I'm not going to have the same schedule every minute of every day, why would I want to do that in a game.

That moment when you are out battling another guild or having a blast jsut messing around doing something, then BAMMM, some chimes in with "oh my daily quests jsut reset, I got to go do those real fast" next thing you know all 15 peopel are going to do their "daily" quests or gatherings and that entire experience is gone. People jsut one after the other playing follow the leader leaving the event or group or dungeon to go do them or someone elft so now they leave. Just kills all those random good times that makes MMOs (PvP and PvE great)

This post was edited by gabelle at September 20, 2017 12:24 AM PDT
    • 248 posts
    September 20, 2017 1:20 AM PDT

Please no daily quests/crafting/gatherings/whatnot!

I totally agree with you Gabelle. It has so often ruined the fun when the clock passes reset time and everyone needs to do their dailys. Or you have agreed to meet up and play, but when ppl log in they first have to do dailys and I end up sitting and waiting for them to be done. It makes the game feel like work, it removes the focus from adventuring and discovering to "I need to get this done before next deadline". I really, really hope it will not be part of Pantheon. I hope Pantheon will be all about adventuring with friends and never "hurry up and get done, so I can do my dailys".

-sorte.

• 724 posts
    September 20, 2017 1:21 AM PDT

Your daily content in Pantheon will be to decide what -you- want to do, noone will tell you that, there will be no(t much if any) handholding :)

• 763 posts
    September 20, 2017 3:16 AM PDT

What follows is opinion (I say this as I don't have time to find the relevant references to support it).

Aims/Goals in Gaming are broken into 'Short', 'Medium' or 'Long' term ones.
    In both MMOs and MOBAs:
        'Long-term' goals are covered by big aims, such as reaching Level 50, mastering a crafting profession etc.
        'Medium-term' would reflect 'next level' or gaining a certain item.
        'Short-term' is more problematic; it must be to 'overcome an immediate challenge'.

Many modern MMOs (particularly of the 'theme park' variety) and MOBAs lack enough challenge to enthuse players on a short-term level. Any 'trivial' activity run down from 'meh' to 'un-fun' quite quickly. This led to players being less inclined to log into the game for these short term play times. It particularly affected games where the majority of the player-base were already and 'max level'.

The mechanic of 'dailies' was thus introduced into these MMOs (and MOBAs) as a way to introduce an artificial short-term goal for it's player-base. We now have many of these games where almost the entirety of the player-base merely log in to complete these 'daily' chores, then immediately log off.

Pantheon, I feel, is being designed with challenge in mind:

Tenets:
        "An understanding that a truly challenging game is truly rewarding."
        "A belief that meaningful character progression will always involve a player increasing in both power and prestige."
    FAQ 1.6
        "Keeping players interested and playing a long time, whether in one session or spread out over days, involves creating compelling gameplay. Player rewards, levelling, earning new abilities, and acquiring more powerful items at a reasonable rate are some ways to make your game sticky. Add in that grouping with others will be encouraged and rewarded and that people will be making new friends in-game and you have a situation where your comrades need you to log in with them in order to advance. Most people who want to be part of a team, to be a team player, respond well to this pressure."

It will be this challenge, coupled with extensive horizontal progression, that keeps people logging in.... not some 'shopping list' of dailies.

I remember the quote from EQ "You are in our world now!"....
    ... we did feel that we lived there. Why wouldn't we log in?

So, no ... I doubt VR will would contemplate dailies.
    But i strongly suggest you look at a closely related Thread. It may even answer your questions:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4850/dailies-for-faction-or-xp-cash

Evoras, want's to be engaged ... not have a 2nd job...

This post was edited by Evoras at September 20, 2017 3:18 AM PDT
    • 220 posts
    September 20, 2017 4:22 AM PDT

To be fair there is no reason to be "for or against" the idea of Routine Tasks.  Tradeskills in particular make far more sense if you engage in a routine to develop them.

I can think of a whole mess of ways a "routine" form of content delivery could be made immersive and compelling.  Growing crops, tending animals, studing new skills, or technology...

Evoras, you dissapoint me by not fairly examining both a positive and negative perspective on routine tasks, and lockout timers.  You have completely ignored the "metered content" argument, as well as the "time sensitive delivery" argument.  And trying to simplify gaming motivation into blocks of potential time and only three categories?  That is a bit of a stretch.  Unless you are coming from the perspective of an endorphin gambling machine, and you assume that "time played" is directly equivilent to "time spent playing".

This totally discounts the perspective of any of those players you might see running in circles and happily chatting about nothing important.  It also suggests that daily lock-out timers somehow had no impact on the development of modern MMO task models, and the daily reward gimmicks empty MMORPGs with no depth employ to generate a sense of loss to inspire playing more often.  Well before the rise of daily reward bait, Developers were adding daily lockouts to specilized content.

And there are plenty of solid arguments for the daily limits of content consumption, time-sensitive delivery, or routine-oriented content.  Are you trying to make a case against having a Daily participation task for a week-long World Event?  Because from the hard line you are taking, something like this would never be possible.

Why is there such a focus on proving things wrong, when it is so much easier to imagine a new answer...?  I could take a guess.

This post was edited by ZennExile at September 20, 2017 4:25 AM PDT
    • 338 posts
    September 20, 2017 5:17 AM PDT

What if there were daily quests but only one person on the server could do each quest per day + or - a few hours almost like a rare mob spawn or something.

These quests would be accessed with the perception system and if no one has done it for more than 24 hours it would appear for you if you met the requirements.

Learning how to pop certain quests could be tricky just like spawning some rare mobs in EQ and Vanguard with multiple factors including cooldowns and triggers.

I know this is totally different from the OP but imo daily quests could be cool as more of an easter egg instead of a daily grind that everyone feels like they have to do in order to keep up.

Thanks in advance,

Kiz~

This post was edited by Angrykiz at September 20, 2017 5:17 AM PDT
    • 3237 posts
    September 20, 2017 5:32 AM PDT

I am not a big fan of grinds that also impose lockouts.  If I want to spend 7 hours on the weekend doing what could have taken 1 hour per day for 7 days straight, I should be able to do that, without artificial barriers preventing me.  I have seen the "daily quest grind with lockouts" concept also be applied to epic quests, but instead you get "weekly lockouts."  Not a big fan at all.  It's basically forcing people down a linear path to achieve a goal rather than allowing freedom/flexibility.  If you miss a few days or here or there, sorry, you can't make up for it on the weekend.  I like Angry's suggestion, and I think we will see things similar to what he is talking about.  Aradune shared some insight on the hill/storm giant event recently that is definitely worth a read: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3564/quick-switch-for-gear/view/page/9

Doesen't feel like a gimmick.  These kind of events reinforce the idea of being in the right place at the right time.  Learning how to uncover those situations/opportunities allows players to really hone in on what's going on with the world.  Awareness/responsiveness is rewarded rather than "Log in and do this task for 1 hour per day, every day."  We're getting back to the good stuff ... a magical world where you can appreciate what's going on around you, or having friends who can tell you about stuff that's happening somewhere else.  I'll take that any day over seeing mass congregations of people doing the same thing over and over and over and over again because it's the "ONLY" way to earn a piece of gear.  I'm fine with faction grinds but I would rather see rare spawns that give bonus faction, or rare drops that can be turned in for bonus faction, rather than repeatable daily quests with lockouts.

This post was edited by oneADseven at September 20, 2017 5:39 AM PDT
    • 338 posts
    September 20, 2017 5:50 AM PDT

Damn, that's a perfect example of what I would love to see !

Thanks 1ad7 !

Kiz~

• 422 posts
    September 20, 2017 6:46 AM PDT

I hate dailies. They become a tedius job you HAVE to do because if you skip them you will be missing something.

Modern MMOs needed dailies to force people to login to the game every day, because there was no other reason. The communities are thin, un-social, and toxic.

Games like EQ had no need for this type of thing because people logged in to talk and play with friends. That was the draw to login daily. Hopefully Pantheon will be the same. Dailies will not be needed because getting points to get "stuff" isn't the focus of the game. The focus of the game is community. People will login daily to hang out with their guild and friends.

Anti-social MMOs like most modern games need dailies because they have nothing else to offer.

• 3852 posts
    September 20, 2017 7:15 AM PDT

I am inclined to disagree on this one. I see no reason for Pantheon not to provide things for players to do in addition to leveling to maximum level and dungeons/raids.

The OP refers to dailies that *need* to be done and which make you fall behind other people if you miss them. But even in current MMOs daily or weekly or monthly or festival content often is not like this. 

Often they give a bit of currency (whether in-game money or items that can be traded in for gear when you have enough) or cosmetic items and if you miss them so what? There are plenty more coming up you won't have a nerfed character.

Yes some people at level cap with nothing to accomplish in the game will log in just to talk to friends/guildmates but that is no reason not to also give a reason to log-in.

I am an altmaniac and will always have a reason to log in - new characters. Toonlets are so ...cute. So I don't really have a horse in this race, just an opinion.

• 483 posts
    September 20, 2017 7:47 AM PDT

Daily content sucks, it's normaly used when a game has **** all, for you to do (no meaningfull proggression path, nothing to look foward to or work towards), so they create these daily quests to keep you occupied, tell you what to do and in a way "force" you to login everyday by making it feel like you're loosing out on something and being left beheind.

In my opinion there should be no daily content in Pantheon, your daily content is whatever you feel like doing that day, if you want better gear go out and do a dungeon, if you want to improve a tradeskill go out and do it, if you want to reach another reputation level go for it and farm some rep, and soo on, the game doesn't need a system of quests or tasks to tell you what to do every single day, the game needs goals that players can work towards (it can be gear, making money, tradeskills, lore, etc), if the game has that players will login and always have something to do

• 483 posts
    September 20, 2017 7:52 AM PDT

oneADseven said:

I am not a big fan of grinds that also impose lockouts.  If I want to spend 7 hours on the weekend doing what could have taken 1 hour per day for 7 days straight, I should be able to do that, without artificial barriers preventing me.  I have seen the "daily quest grind with lockouts" concept also be applied to epic quests, but instead you get "weekly lockouts."  Not a big fan at all.  It's basically forcing people down a linear path to achieve a goal rather than allowing freedom/flexibility.  If you miss a few days or here or there, sorry, you can't make up for it on the weekend.  I like Angry's suggestion, and I think we will see things similar to what he is talking about.  Aradune shared some insight on the hill/storm giant event recently that is definitely worth a read: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3564/quick-switch-for-gear/view/page/9

Doesen't feel like a gimmick.  These kind of events reinforce the idea of being in the right place at the right time.  Learning how to uncover those situations/opportunities allows players to really hone in on what's going on with the world.  Awareness/responsiveness is rewarded rather than "Log in and do this task for 1 hour per day, every day."  We're getting back to the good stuff ... a magical world where you can appreciate what's going on around you, or having friends who can tell you about stuff that's happening somewhere else.  I'll take that any day over seeing mass congregations of people doing the same thing over and over and over and over again because it's the "ONLY" way to earn a piece of gear.  I'm fine with faction grinds but I would rather see rare spawns that give bonus faction, or rare drops that can be turned in for bonus faction, rather than repeatable daily quests with lockouts.

Agree completly, I forgot to mention proggression lockouts is my post, but has you pointed out it's cancer, if a players wants to go hard and farm a rep in a single sitting he should be able to do it, no need to impose an artificial lockout on the players goals.

• 281 posts
    September 20, 2017 8:24 AM PDT

I don't mind repeatable quests.  But I agree with most people here that daily grinds for a larger reward if you keep doing them as a means of keeping people logged in when they otherwise have no reason to do so, is bad design and not fun.

• 999 posts
    September 20, 2017 8:44 AM PDT

Daily quests would equal my definition of a terrible monotonous grind, and as Evoras said, equatable to a 2nd job.

And, to continue with the word "Grind" - Camping spawns or areas with groupmates "daily", even if it's the same location for a few weeks at a time could be argued as similar in practice as it's a repeat activity I'm doing daily - in reality, it's much different.  You don't have the forced feeling of complete it or lose out mentality, as well as having more freedom of choice.

This is where I'd argue for Pantheon to more Sandbox with themepark elements (defined classes, etc).  Let the players decide what they choose to do daily, and they'll create their own versions of daily quests versus having some forced linear path.

• 3237 posts
    September 20, 2017 10:09 AM PDT

dorotea said:

I am inclined to disagree on this one. I see no reason for Pantheon not to provide things for players to do in addition to leveling to maximum level and dungeons/raids.

The OP refers to dailies that *need* to be done and which make you fall behind other people if you miss them. But even in current MMOs daily or weekly or monthly or festival content often is not like this. 

Often they give a bit of currency (whether in-game money or items that can be traded in for gear when you have enough) or cosmetic items and if you miss them so what? There are plenty more coming up you won't have a nerfed character.

Yes some people at level cap with nothing to accomplish in the game will log in just to talk to friends/guildmates but that is no reason not to also give a reason to log-in.

I am an altmaniac and will always have a reason to log in - new characters. Toonlets are so ...cute. So I don't really have a horse in this race, just an opinion.

Many of the daily quests I have seen are tied into faction.  This is something I really do NOT want to see.  I love me some faction grinds but I want to do it at my own pace.  When you attach the word "daily", it becomes more like a chore.  Rather than being able to use our heads with how we grind faction (hunting rare mobs, finding good camps that drop faction turn-ins), the "faction requirement" for various rewards is increased to the point where the only feasible way to get there is to do your rotation of daily quests, every single day.  I am the kind of person who would prefer to spend a few days working on a certain faction to obtain a reward rather than spending an hour a day for a month straight.

I remember when my wife logged into WoW, the first thing she did every day was her rounds of daily quests.  There are a few reasons why.  First and foremost, it's the only effective way to grind faction (it was designed this way to give a reason for people to log in everyday, /fail).  Second, they weren't really fun, so you just wanted to get it out of the way so you could then proceed to actually "playing the game."  Finally, there was always a feeling of "If you don't do this, you're missing out ... you are just adding another tally (day) that you will have to do at the end anyway."  Combine all 3 and it's a recipe for disaster.  People feel forcibly manipulated into doing chores rather than enjoying freedom.

This post was edited by oneADseven at September 20, 2017 10:23 AM PDT
    • 2752 posts
    September 20, 2017 10:20 AM PDT

I absolutely abhor daily/weekly quests/tasks, it's really just a ploy to keep people logging in day after day. Most of the time they just doesn't make any sense in the context of the game world, often things like "Kill 5 of these creatures hated by our faction and return to me with their fibulas." Then they are apparently satisfied and don't want you to or otherwise care if you kill more of them until the next day? Pretty much every daily quest I can remember boils down to doing something for someone in the game that it makes more sense for either A) The NPC to always want more of whatever thing, days not mattering or B) Really only needs one of the thing/task in question and it should really be a one time quest, not killing Fippy Darkpaw every day. 

• 3852 posts
    September 20, 2017 12:40 PM PDT

I agree that faction grinds are not desirable ((shudder)). My only point was that daily quests for things you do *not* need are not necessarily worse than festivals which most of us generally agree are a nice thing to have.

As for Flippy Darkpaw - let's not be so player-centered for once. Look at it from Flippy's point of view. Wandering around or, worse, standing in one place, 24/7 gets incredibly boring. Look closely - Flippy has no smart phone or tablet or computer - unlike us he or she can't spend time playing these games. Flippy doesn't even have a flipping *book*!!

To a mob death is paid time-off. No death penalty, no harm to gear, no damage to its spirit, comes back as good as new. Sure they would rather kill us - almost all mobs have that competitive spirit - but even losing and dying for a few minutes is better than total boredom. 

On European servers at 3AM local time when no one was around I would somethimes just chat with the mobs. Surprising how much like us many of them are.

• 3016 posts
    September 20, 2017 12:49 PM PDT

The daily almost required quest,  I do them at first then I get fed up and want to do my own thing..discovering the world,  enteracting with others..crafting and so on.    Content on rails.  Newp.

Cana

@dorotea   I love this! :  "On European servers at 3AM local time when no one was around I would somethimes just chat with the mobs. Surprising how much like us many of them are."     Made me chuckle :)

Cana

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at September 20, 2017 6:44 PM PDT
    • 17 posts
    September 20, 2017 2:39 PM PDT

dorotea said:On European servers at 3AM local time when no one was around I would somethimes just chat with the mobs. Surprising how much like us many of them are.

Lol cute

Also my take on this is sort of a mix of what people have been saying. 

1. Make 5-7 tasks or quests that each NPC would want you to do. One is given each day,  they can stack so if you wish to knock them all out when you got some free time from Real Life then go for it. Talk to NPC on Saturday and get all the quests he has to offer. 

2. It should not be over done. Sadly what ends up happening is every faction has a guy who wants you to do stuff for him. Before you know it as you level you find that each day you are spending six hours on chores.  If you are going to put something in, make it few and meaningful. 

3. Make quests that reward grouping, and can tie into the adventure part of the game. Larger the group "recommended" for the job the longer before the reset of the quest. Even leave it open to once a month. 

4. Make quests that force some sort of interaction with other players. Such as a Light Temple to some god or what not that wants you to put a buff on a fellow adventures in order to spread the word or what not. Along with a Evil temple that wants you to put a curse on players. So you end up having people running around being all sorts of silly at each other with each curse or buff stopping the effects of the other.

• 220 posts
    September 20, 2017 3:29 PM PDT

Describing things you don't like, is about as useful as a cooler, in the arctic.  Agreeing with other people to support the things they don't like... that's a whole new level of not making sense to me.

What would be useful, is if some of you thought about the things you don't like about daily tasks, and attempt to turn them into something you would like.

"How can all the things you don't like about the dreaded 'DAILY QUEST', be changed into something you do like."  - this a conversation worth having.  Creating an imaginary scenario where everything you hate about them is magnified just to re-affirm how much you hate them... That's sort of a conversation ender.  Am I wrong?

This post was edited by ZennExile at September 20, 2017 3:32 PM PDT
    • 151 posts
    September 20, 2017 4:06 PM PDT

ZennExile said:

Describing things you don't like, is about as useful as a cooler, in the arctic.  Agreeing with other people to support the things they don't like... that's a whole new level of not making sense to me.

What would be useful, is if some of you thought about the things you don't like about daily tasks, and attempt to turn them into something you would like.

"How can all the things you don't like about the dreaded 'DAILY QUEST', be changed into something you do like."  - this a conversation worth having.  Creating an imaginary scenario where everything you hate about them is magnified just to re-affirm how much you hate them... That's sort of a conversation ender.  Am I wrong?

It is s conversation ender and that is the point for some of us. What I don't like is that they exist. There is nothing that can be changed to make them something I would like. Can't think of one thing and nothing I have ever heard from any other source has made me think I could go along with them. It's like being shot. No matter where you wanna do it, or what time, or what size of bullet, it doesnt matter. I am not going to like it. I don''t like daily repeatable quests at all.

So if you have some ideas on how they can be made better by all means I am up for hearing it. So far though I am not hearing anything at all that makes me think this might just work for me.

Bringing out examples of why we don't like them is very useful. These are developement forums so having the developers see that we don't like something is good. Seeing examples of why we don't like something is useful to them. Those negative examples will lead them to abandon the concept in the game OR give them the tools to come up with an alternative. That seems to me to be a bit more useful than a cooler in the arctic.

• 3237 posts
    September 20, 2017 4:21 PM PDT

ZennExile said:

What you are describing has already taken place on this thread.  Kiz shared some ideas of what he would like to see, I shared a post from Aradune that is somewhat related.  Beyond that, I don't see anything inherently wrong with people coming together to discuss something they don't like.  Let's take a look at the second question from the FAQ:

1.0.1 It sounds like Pantheon is bringing back a lot of older MMO game mechanics.  Is Pantheon a clone of older games or a modern MMO?

Pantheon is most definitely a modern MMO with modern graphics and new and exciting features and mechanics. There are already emulators out there that are clones of earlier MMOs and Visionary Realms has no desire to make another emulator. That said, we also feel that many of the features and mechanics of previous MMOs have been abandoned in more recent games, resulting in a less challenging, compelling, deep, and social experience. Pantheon, therefore, will indeed bring back some of these conventional mechanics and ideas but with a fresh perspective, some tweaks and revisions. We also understand that while gamers tastes don't fundamentally change over time, their situations, lives, and responsibilities do. Likewise, some game mechanics often associated with earlier MMOs involved inordinate amounts of downtime, overly severe penalties, too much competition over content and resources, and even downright boring or overly repetitive gameplay. Our intention, therefore, is not to bring back everything from the old days, but rather to pick and choose those which make sense and are needed to make a fun, social, cooperative, and challenging game.

When someone takes the time to explain their perspective on how a feature doesen't align with being fun, social, cooperative, or challenging, I think it should be considered legitimate feedback and embraced.  Now, I do agree that talking about things in a positive or constructive light is generally "better" overall, but when you reflect on the last decade of MMO gaming, it's been pretty sketch.  There are a lot of unhappy people who would like to tell you how miserable it's been out here.  Sharing our negative experiences from games that evolved into the trash we see today is actually a good bonding experience for the community and reinforces why so many of us are here in the first place. 

This post was edited by oneADseven at September 20, 2017 4:26 PM PDT
    • 220 posts
    September 20, 2017 4:23 PM PDT

It is a conversation ender and that is the point for some of us...

This... I don't even know what to say.  This is... wow.

Those negative examples will lead them to abandon the concept in the game...

And this is only true in your imagination, because it fits what your pre-determined notions suggest is how things "should be".  Maybe if you have nothing to "add" to the conversation, it is because you came at it with the notion that you can somehow end it, because you dissagree with it?  Or that you even should?

I bet if you attempted to imagine your own examples of how a daily task might be made enjoyable to you personally, you could do it.  But you would need to start off without the goal of trying to end the conversation and prove anyone who disagrees with you wrong.  That is a key feature of creativity in general.  Remove the barriers to your imagination.

edit: oneAD you so sneaky...  but I get what you are saying, I still double down and bet you can also think of a way to make daily tasks fit the goals of development, and still be enjoyable to you.  1 bagillion internets.

This post was edited by ZennExile at September 20, 2017 4:27 PM PDT
    • 2752 posts
    September 20, 2017 4:35 PM PDT

How does one turn a concept they dislike in every iteration into something they do like? I'd like daily quests if they didn't exist.

"You don't like eating poop? Well how about you find a way to make poop something you do enjoy eating." 

• 3237 posts
    September 20, 2017 4:35 PM PDT

ZennExile said:

It is a conversation ender and that is the point for some of us...

This... I don't even know what to say.  This is... wow.

Those negative examples will lead them to abandon the concept in the game...

And this is only true in your imagination, because it fits what your pre-determined notions suggest is how things "should be".  Maybe if you have nothing to "add" to the conversation, it is because you came at it with the notion that you can somehow end it, because you dissagree with it?  Or that you even should?

I bet if you attempted to imagine your own examples of how a daily task might be made enjoyable to you personally, you could do it.  But you would need to start off without the goal of trying to end the conversation and prove anyone who disagrees with you wrong.  That is a key feature of creativity in general.  Remove the barriers to your imagination.

edit: oneAD you so sneaky...  but I get what you are saying, I still double down and bet you can also think of a way to make daily tasks fit the goals of development, and still be enjoyable to you.  1 bagillion internets.

Why do we need to unearth a greater purpose for daily quests?  I am not aware of them being a part of any development goal.  Why can't it be determined that they simply don't provide a more fulfilling experience for those seeking a fun, social, cooperative, and challenging game?  There is no need to improve every feature available.  Some of them need to be gutted out.  My hope for Pantheon is that we can spend our time exploring/adventuring to seek out the kind of world events that Aradune described in his post.  Those are the kind of daily experiences I want to have and if you look at how they are described, they get a check in every box except "repetitive" or "downright boring."  We have a winner winner chicken dinner ... let's be excited about that rather than trying to polish a turd.

This post was edited by oneADseven at September 20, 2017 4:49 PM PDT