Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

To Be Lore Master For A Day

• 9115 posts
    September 18, 2017 4:01 AM PDT

If you could add your own Lore into Pantheon, what would it be based on and why? #PRF #Communitymatters

• 1468 posts
    September 18, 2017 4:16 AM PDT

I'd love to add a story about an Elf Ranger that went evil and started worshipping one of the dark gods after being ostracised from normal Elf society. Maybe I'll try and write it and post it in the fan creations section but I'm not that good at writing. I'll give it a go though :).

• 7 posts
    September 18, 2017 5:07 AM PDT

It would definitely be about my own character or about my guild. I enjoy developing my own background and origin story. Too many games try to dictate my character's motivations or even behavior. I understand some players would complain about lack of 'story' if the lore doesn't include their character, but I prefer game lore that leaves room for me to be creative with my character.

• 624 posts
    September 18, 2017 5:57 AM PDT

Detail the political turmoil / intrigue surrounding The Lady King Amenthiel. Her sudden reign beset by corruption, as factions fight for ascendency and seek to usurp her. Throw in a loyal confidant, perhaps a plucky bard (*grins*), who helps navigate the nobles' plots. Make the minstrel Lady A's younger (or twin?) sister who ran away from her pampered place in court years ago to follow her muse. Returned now to aid her kin through treacherous times. [note: every good drama needs either an endearing romance or some comic relief - enter the sister's fellow troubadour from her life on the road, out of place at court but not in her heart...] #humans #wearenotboring

This post was edited by Kumu at September 18, 2017 6:24 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    September 18, 2017 6:59 AM PDT

Very cool so far guys, I love the creativity! Keep them coming :)

• 16 posts
    September 18, 2017 7:49 AM PDT

I would like to add in a far reaching quest line for the perception system, something that starts with finding a mundane book on a bandit, which leads to a cave and some minor exploring and a worn out parchment. Then over to another area/zone to a ruin of druid grove where there is a set of inscribed bones which leads to wizards guild/tower libary and in this book it points to nearly forgotten sect of wizards/druid's that after helping them with some problem. They then set you on the final step of the lore chain to find some forgotten master who was last seen in X dungeon heading down, after getting down there you find his notebook, detailing where he went too. If you get to him with the book, the parchment, inscribed bones, the wizard book, and the instructions from the wizards/druids he hands you a new book with his detailed findings of lore from his travels.

Maybe this could be an extra port spot for druid/wizard

Or instructions for forging armor in a new visual style.  

• 120 posts
    September 18, 2017 8:38 AM PDT

Oh jeez, if I were lore master for a day.

What a tease. :(

If I were lore master for a day, I'd want to implement a lot of easter eggs concerning the history of past civilizations. It's something that many games ignore, and I think Pantheon has this amazing opportunity to really blow things out of the water in the history department. We know that there were at least a few indiginous races to Terminus before the Eras of Collision, and I really want to learn more about those races, and the Ginto who are now extinct.

I know sometimes in other games, I get frustrated because I find this really cool place, but there's nothing there. I can't find any easter eggs or lore about the place while I'm there, and if I go back to town, I have no option to chat with NPCs about the location, and eventually I just forget about it. I think it would be really engaging if we were more able to research things in-game. Perhaps simply finding certain areas could subtly allow a few options with NPCs in town where we get to ask about the location. It doesn't have to be anything dramatic, and there doesn't necessarily even have to be a queue of any kind saying "Hey! You found something cool! Go talk to NPCs in this town to learn more!"

I think the misconception is that lore and history always has to be tied to some sort of tangible reward, but I don't think that's always necessary. Sometimes the joy of discovery and the learning experience are a reward in and of themselves. In my example above, I wouldn't really want or expect any sort of reward besides the satiation of my curiosity. Honestly, if there was no tangible reward, I'd potentially be more interested because I know that the majority of people would pass up any work required to get the lore and history, making it that much more special for me to learn it.

• 116 posts
    September 18, 2017 9:42 AM PDT

The storyline I would create would probably involve some sort of espionage event between the factions.  Like a 7 day event where those who completed the quest for the winning faction would get some sort of reward.

• 2419 posts
    September 18, 2017 10:05 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

If you could add your own Lore into Pantheon, what would it be based on and why? #PRF #Communitymatters

It would be the story of the Ogres and their awakening into the the realm of ancestral magics, the birth of the Shaman.

• 763 posts
    September 18, 2017 12:35 PM PDT

I fear I would work some magic within the Lore ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were rumoured to have existed since the biginning of time ... at the very least from the earliest recorded histories kept by the Elves at Si'olaen. The chronicler Shaem'ek maintains that references to the 'Three Shadows' could be found within the few Dwarven records carried over from Oldassa in 7 IH. Few agreed with him; fewer now that the translation is called into question by the Dwarven Hierarchs themselves.

Somewhere between 484-485 IH, the infamous Bard-Pirate Kumu-Sanzu unearthed, some say looted, an Elven translation of the Ogre 'Book of the Abyss' from the then burning Havensong. The book included a single sheet of beaten gold inscribed with sigils of the ancient dragon tongue. Since the book's ownership was asserted by the Elves, Avendyr was left little choice but to proclaim it theirs by right. The cryptic wording of his edict "The book absolute unto itself shall be rendered to the Elves" he made makes a later, ostensibly fictitious, story "Kumu-Sanza and the Golden treasure map" seem to hold more than a glimmer of truth to it. More cannot be said as he, and his crew, were never heard of again.

Little can added to this tale until 525 IH, when Avendyr lies upon his deathbed. We cannot be certain of the chain of events, but we can at least state the outcomes. That night five King's Guards were found dead by poison, alongside Avendyr's old tutor - his fingers covered in blood. Luckily, there was record made of what was written on the wall that night. Sigils daubed in blood - wiped clean almost immediately; but not before they were remarked by the then Dwarven Ambassador, something which he later confided to his King.

In 968 IH, barely twenty years ago, did all these disparate threads finally come together at the then biennial Keeper's Conclave at Thronefast. The first line of Sigils had finally been deciphered:

"You shall know the First Lich-King, for they are The Watching Shadow"

It is beyond time to wait. The Treasure Map must be found and deciphered. We have sought out any and all information about the lost Bard-Pirate with little profit to show. Now, we needs must enlist the help of the many Keepers who scratch out an existence as foolhardy adventurers.

Shall you find Kumu-Sanza's last resting place?
    Shall you find his Golden Map?
    Shall you recover a copy of the 'Book of the Abyss'
    Shall you discover the written annals of the Dwarven Ambassadors?
    Shall you find the private journals of King Avendyr?
    Shall you learn the Sigils of the Dragonkin?

Shall you risk life and limb to take up the challenge?

Written this day, on the 4th month of 987 IH
    Lore Keeper Nathaniel Na'Khagan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evoras, worries about losing limbs!

• 399 posts
    September 18, 2017 8:38 PM PDT

Dayum!

• 220 posts
    September 18, 2017 8:58 PM PDT

I would tell the story of a wandering Bard who has exiled themselves from society on principle, only to join forces with a Necromancer, to save a Holy Trinity adventure team the trouble of carrying back all that loot they were planning on scoring from a raid on the Ancient Mountain Shrine.  Because during the evening's performance at the local inn, the adventure team had downed much mead, and in the process loosened their lips about a certain artifact of power.  And that bit of information is quite valuable to a new friend the Bard had met on recent travels.  A mysterious friend who mentioned that anyone who helped them claim a relic of power, could keep all the other loot...

-insert cinematic of Necromancer and Bard saving the Holy Trinity from certain Doom-

Fade to Abomination carrying a sack of loot, and the Bard strumming to the beat of a song about Making New Friends, as they casually stroll away from the camera fade to black...

/end scene

Something like that...  And this would set up the backstory for how the Necromancer used their restored powers to fund their emergant Pie industry.

And after that first 5 minutes was done,  I would write Ogre Nursery Rhimes.  Thousands of them.

This post was edited by ZennExile at September 18, 2017 9:02 PM PDT
    • 17 posts
    September 18, 2017 10:00 PM PDT

If I could add a lore. It would be about a necromancer or a necromancer cult . After the death of Syronai. It attracted necromancers all over the world. Normally a god would be invincible, but once they lose their godhood and became mortal. They would be able to be killed. Syronai was considered a prize possession to those who can find the corpse. If a necromancer were to be able to get a hold of a dead god and reanimate it through dark magic they would be considered a threat that would even make the other gods nervous.

After looking through the Myr Lore. the necromancers would call the undead god, Siren the Goddess of Dispair. After the fact that she tried to save her creations only to be killed by the very ones she loved.

This post was edited by OceanB at September 18, 2017 10:02 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    September 19, 2017 12:09 AM PDT

Love it folks, nice job! :)

• 999 posts
    September 19, 2017 5:00 PM PDT

I would have an Easter Egg hidden: The History of Pantheon's Development - the Little MMO Engine that could.

• 264 posts
    September 19, 2017 8:19 PM PDT

I would like to introduce the basis for a tale, of an Ogre Warrior and his Halfling friend. The pair entered a town beset by undead that poured from a local mountain range at night on the weekend. The undead would drink and steal horses and make a general pain of themselves. They would rattle and moan around town and keep everybody awake at night. The lack of rest would have everybody at each others throat come Monday morning.

It was the weekend after all, and the undead had those days off from what ever important things the undead had to attend to during the week. Like many hard working people, and uhh, former people, they came to town to blow off some steam. The local bartender put up with it the best he could and kept plenty of mops handy as the undead had a tendency to leak when they drank.

The local mountain range, known as the Greatly Misting Foggy Mountains always seemed to hold a great evil and was avoided at all cost.

Our heros enter the town on a particularly bad Monday morning and ask the Towns Folk what the problem is after getting the perception that everybody is very tired and grouchy. After describing the goings on, and offering our heros gold and land to try and discover the source of the Undead infestation, the Ogre and Halfling accept. 

Living in the town was an old ill tempered wizard who had very little of his power left and even less of his patience. After some bribing with whiskey and cigars the wizard agreed to go along,  he was well read and wise enough to act as a guide and adviser to the newcomers who had accepted the job.

So our group sets off on an adventure, little did the Wizard know that the Ogre was terribly claustrophopic, and the Halfling was deathly afraid of snakes.

That sets the stage for a crazy adventure, all of which is recorded by a foul mouthed, chain smoking, complaining old wizard, who's spells fizzle at the worst times, and has to get up and pee 5 times a night, much to the aggravation of his companions.

I would take that basic set up and start making up adventures for our little group.

Edit: I forgot Why as requested by the OP. Why ? because it would be something humourous for the Keeper to have in lore.

This post was edited by Skycaster at September 19, 2017 8:24 PM PDT
    • 11 posts
    September 20, 2017 2:53 PM PDT

I've always thought a undiscriminating entity makes for a perfect evil to fight. Ideas simmilar to the flood/zeg/flesh that hates, Etc.  

A force like this can have some interesting lore. Causing multiple unlikely alliances also throwing in the grim horror that comes from it. 

Perhaps a Necromancer heeding a stange call offering power beyond measure only to become the prime host for this hive mind. 

just horror in general spoopy stuff

• 220 posts
    September 20, 2017 3:51 PM PDT

Did somebody mention... Power beyond measure?  I happen to have bonechips...

• 3016 posts
    September 20, 2017 6:19 PM PDT

Evoras said:

I fear I would work some magic within the Lore ....

They were rumoured to have existed since the biginning of time ... at the very least from the earliest recorded histories kept by the Elves at Si'olaen. The chronicler Shaem'ek maintains that references to the 'Three Shadows' could be found within the few Dwarven records carried over from Oldassa in 7 IH. Few agreed with him; fewer now that the translation is called into question by the Dwarven Hierarchs themselves.

Somewhere between 484-485 IH, the infamous Bard-Pirate Kumu-Sanzu unearthed, some say looted, an Elven translation of the Ogre 'Book of the Abyss' from the then burning Havensong. The book included a single sheet of beaten gold inscribed with sigils of the ancient dragon tongue. Since the book's ownership was asserted by the Elves, Avendyr was left little choice but to proclaim it theirs by right. The cryptic wording of his edict "The book absolute unto itself shall be rendered to the Elves" he made makes a later, ostensibly fictitious, story "Kumu-Sanza and the Golden treasure map" seem to hold more than a glimmer of truth to it. More cannot be said as he, and his crew, were never heard of again.

Little can added to this tale until 525 IH, when Avendyr lies upon his deathbed. We cannot be certain of the chain of events, but we can at least state the outcomes. That night five King's Guards were found dead by poison, alongside Avendyr's old tutor - his fingers covered in blood. Luckily, there was record made of what was written on the wall that night. Sigils daubed in blood - wiped clean almost immediately; but not before they were remarked by the then Dwarven Ambassador, something which he later confided to his King.

In 968 IH, barely twenty years ago, did all these disparate threads finally come together at the then biennial Keeper's Conclave at Thronefast. The first line of Sigils had finally been deciphered:

"You shall know the First Lich-King, for they are The Watching Shadow"

It is beyond time to wait. The Treasure Map must be found and deciphered. We have sought out any and all information about the lost Bard-Pirate with little profit to show. Now, we needs must enlist the help of the many Keepers who scratch out an existence as foolhardy adventurers.

Shall you find Kumu-Sanza's last resting place?
    Shall you find his Golden Map?
    Shall you recover a copy of the 'Book of the Abyss'
    Shall you discover the written annals of the Dwarven Ambassadors?
    Shall you find the private journals of King Avendyr?
    Shall you learn the Sigils of the Dragonkin?

Shall you risk life and limb to take up the challenge?

Written this day, on the 4th month of 987 IH
    Lore Keeper Nathaniel Na'Khagan

Evoras, worries about losing limbs!

LOVE that Evoras :)

Cana

• 3016 posts
    September 20, 2017 6:20 PM PDT

Raidan said:

I would have an Easter Egg hidden: The History of Pantheon's Development - the Little MMO Engine that could.

BINGO!!! :)

• 53 posts
    September 21, 2017 11:05 PM PDT

I think there is missing lore within the Halfling's history. To wit, why, since Marthus was given a First Magic, wield fire, the only caster class for Halflings is the Druid (not big fans of fire use).

What event caused the Halflings to shun the destructive forms of magic used by Wizards and such? How did they learn to convert those powers into the healing and supportive magics of the Druid?