Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Do you keep your beta players name?

• 287 posts
    September 16, 2017 9:36 AM PDT

I have never played in beta testing.  Do you keep your characters name and they wipe your level to 1 when the game launches....or do they wipe the character comptely?

• 3237 posts
    September 16, 2017 9:49 AM PDT

It looks like every pledge level includes early name reservation.  I imagine this wouldn't extend to the open-beta (free) phase but anybody who is pledged would qualify for keeping their name.

• 287 posts
    September 16, 2017 10:17 AM PDT

Thank you. 

• 763 posts
    September 16, 2017 1:53 PM PDT

For further information on 'Beta Wipes', please check the information, speculation and anticipation within:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2444/last-beta-wipe

wherein ....

on December 13, 2016 (for it was then)The Mighty Kilsin (for it was he) said :

None of our pledges have head start or early access other than testing for different tiers and we did that intentionally because we want everyone to start equally at level 1 in rags with nothing other than a few cosmetic goodies from their pledges and that is it, this isn't like all of those modern MMORPGs that sell you 1 day or 3 day headstart access, that just promotes a split in the community right off the bat and is not something we would do to our community. :)

Our servers will be wiped prior to release and every character will be included, those with name reservations etc. will be able to do that via a web service linked to their account most likely.

Evoras, checked the dates carefully....

• 278 posts
    September 16, 2017 2:13 PM PDT

oneADseven said:

It looks like every pledge level includes early name reservation.  I imagine this wouldn't extend to the open-beta (free) phase but anybody who is pledged would qualify for keeping their name.

About this if you check your profile the forum name is stated as Main Character Name so i figured this maybe is the reserved name wich is why i resently changed from Stratoz(my "online" name) to Grizzly (wich is my prefered char name in games). Dont know if this is right but if it is im god to go now, and figure its better to be recognised here and ingame with the same name.

• 1095 posts
    September 17, 2017 1:49 PM PDT

Kilsin stated in another thread they didnt know how there will do name reservations for launch yet.