Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Visiting the Twitch!

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    September 16, 2017 1:14 AM PDT

Huge thanks to the Twitch folks for inviting us up, treating us most graciously, & taking the time to learn about & play Pantheon! These guys really get it, understand how to reach gamers in the most effective manner, and we look forward to working with them closely going forward to further increase Pantheon awareness. Their APIs, tools, and tech provide developers new and exciting ways to help gamers learn more effectively about games both in development and after launch!

The twitch peeps have various rooms named after their favorite games and I was pleasantly surprised and honored to find out that one is called Norrath!

After an intro to Visionary Realms and Pantheon, and then a quick demo, the Twitch team took time out of their day to actually sit down and play Pantheon! They played more than an hour and really seemed to be enjoying themselves. Not only was it rewarding to share and show off the game but their positive and excited reactions while playing was very encouraging and validating -- reminded me of the first time we unveiled EQ to the public at GDC 1997/8 -- we could tell by people's reactions that we were definitely on to something. Today was very similar and the vibe I got was that 1. we're definitely already re-capturing that magic and feel and 2. that an MMO like Pantheon, virtually alone in a sea of hyper-casual MMOs, is definitely what a lot of online gamers have been waiting for and for quite some time!

Pics at https://www.facebook.com/brad.mcquaid

ps. are we friends on FB yet?  What are you waiting for?!? :)

• 133 posts
    September 16, 2017 1:35 AM PDT
    Okay this is pretty freaking awesome news! Secondly... Brad you're up pretty late
    • 220 posts
    September 16, 2017 1:48 AM PDT

What if I was taught that facebook is the devil?

• 184 posts
    September 16, 2017 7:14 AM PDT

Very encouraging. All I saw Brad say here is "S***'s about to go down!" ; ) 

Oh Santa, all we want for Christmas is an anonymous Twitch angel investor <3

• 287 posts
    September 16, 2017 8:35 AM PDT
    Great to hear! The momentum is picking up for this great game and I am excited.
    • 1778 posts
    September 16, 2017 10:15 AM PDT
    Thats really great to hear!
    • 281 posts
    September 16, 2017 10:40 AM PDT

Very cool!

• 248 posts
    September 17, 2017 2:13 AM PDT

What great news! So much to be exited about :D

And this is my favorite part:

Aradune said:

-- reminded me of the first time we unveiled EQ to the public at GDC 1997/8 -- we could tell by people's reactions that we were definitely on to something. Today was very similar and the vibe I got was that 1. we're definitely already re-capturing that magic and feel and 2. that an MMO like Pantheon, virtually alone in a sea of hyper-casual MMOs, is definitely what a lot of online gamers have been waiting for and for quite some time!

The magic and feel.. Just can't wait!

-sorte.

• 1095 posts
    September 17, 2017 1:48 PM PDT

Have fun

• 2886 posts
    September 18, 2017 6:59 AM PDT

Good stuff! Can't wait to get involved and see how Pantheon takes off on Twitch when it launches.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at September 18, 2017 7:05 AM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    September 21, 2017 8:02 PM PDT

Already on your FB friend list...long time ago,  interesting angle with the twitch streamers, and they generally have their own following,  usually a large audience. :)