Forums » News and Announcements

September's Newsletter is out!

• 9115 posts
    September 13, 2017 7:31 AM PDT

We've packed so much into this month's newsletter, you’ve got to open it NOW so it doesn't explode.

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2017_september_intro/ #PRF

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at September 13, 2017 7:33 AM PDT
    • 103 posts
    September 13, 2017 7:43 AM PDT

Those images look AMAZING, huge improvement <3 "We've got something "twitching" in the back of our minds on this one. Stay tuned to our Facebook page and Twitter over the next week to find out more." *GASP* Please let this be what I think it is >.<

• 175 posts
    September 13, 2017 7:46 AM PDT

Holy... it looks like two different games! This is astounding! Makes the wait quite worth it.

• 9115 posts
    September 13, 2017 7:48 AM PDT

We are making great use of the new artists and Series A funding and are very happy with how things are turning out! You guys will love the new character model changes we have made in line with the new lighting and shader system too! More to come soon :D

• 186 posts
    September 13, 2017 8:01 AM PDT
    Wow, super impressive guys!!!
    • 523 posts
    September 13, 2017 8:03 AM PDT

That is a pretty big difference.  Looking forward to when you are unleashed with the ability to take lots of new screenshots with the updated lighting Kilsin.  Definitely a solid monthly update.  I still think we have room to improve on the "State of the Game" section, definitely more detail would be appreciated, but headed in the right direction with communication.  Keep up the good work.

• 248 posts
    September 13, 2017 8:08 AM PDT

Yay! Something "twitching"  :D

-sorte.

• 781 posts
    September 13, 2017 8:09 AM PDT

Very excited !  Awesome job guys ! :) 

• 3852 posts
    September 13, 2017 8:12 AM PDT

Definitely looks good.

• 15 posts
    September 13, 2017 8:47 AM PDT

Eyyy looks sick, let us see some new class stuff in the next twitch please! Im hungering for info!

• 279 posts
    September 13, 2017 8:58 AM PDT

Lighting looks good, pretty big differences.

I might still prefer the before picture of Halnir Cave, it looks good dank and dark. Caves don't always need glowy light sources, but maybe that was always intended.

Looking forward to see more and hopefully some new art for the class pages on the website. Still need a page for the Monk!

• 220 posts
    September 13, 2017 9:05 AM PDT

The lighting changes look great.  The sharp detail in the shadows looks fantastic.

This post was edited by ZennExile at September 13, 2017 9:06 AM PDT
    • 126 posts
    September 13, 2017 9:12 AM PDT

Now, please? PLEEEEZE???

• 2752 posts
    September 13, 2017 9:27 AM PDT

Looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the new character model changes!

• 2886 posts
    September 13, 2017 9:43 AM PDT

What a massive difference. Especially in Halnir Caves. Wow. Good idea to showcase all this hard work in a stream soon :)

• 189 posts
    September 13, 2017 10:13 AM PDT

Can't wait to hear the news about a possible stream next week!!!!!!

Amazing work VR team! Job well done! Someone should start a donation link so we can help them throw a pizza party for themselves. lmao!

• 125 posts
    September 13, 2017 11:00 AM PDT

This is definately a vast improvement in the lighting. And did Fancy say something about a possible stream? :)

• 166 posts
    September 13, 2017 11:15 AM PDT
    This are really nice little informations, that are showing us what's going on with development. Still a long way to go, but little steps were made every day.

The best thing are the before and after pictures, a really great improvement and there are still more improvements in the pipeline, that seems to be already worked on.

The only thing I have missed was the small information that you are working really hard on the treasure hunting feature. ;)

I hope you continue with your good work and keep the small informations coming each newsletter. :)

Really looking forward to your next live stream, to see the new lightning and shaders in action.
    • 159 posts
    September 13, 2017 11:47 AM PDT

I haven't even opened the newsletter yet, but those screen grabs blew me away! I think I commented on the last CohCarnage stream that the TOTRM looked a wee bit lacklustre, but the new version looks really nice, as do all the other "after" pics. Good job, VR. Also eagerly awaiting a possible new live stream!

This post was edited by daemonios at September 13, 2017 11:50 AM PDT
    • 184 posts
    September 13, 2017 12:02 PM PDT

I was never blown away by the old graphics nor did I think they bad! The new screens are on definitely on another level, as I'm enjoying my time just soaking up the detail in the pictures, akin to art (and I've never been one of those types of people when it comes to the visuals of any game). I just hope this means there is plenty of resources being devoted to the devlopment of the world and classes ; ) ^ ^ So little is said about classes and their development (one of the most important aspects of the game along side a solid combat system). Hopefully people will be asking the good questions during the stream, otherwise I'm going to be forced to go to the VIP package; don't make me do it dammit! ; )

This post was edited by Zuljan at September 13, 2017 12:02 PM PDT
    • 173 posts
    September 13, 2017 12:14 PM PDT

You guys are such a tease :P  But seriously, just when I thought I couldn't get any more excited about this game, there you go and get me even moar excited.  Amazing improvement all around :)

• 93 posts
    September 13, 2017 1:20 PM PDT

Awesome work VR!  Amazing what a bit of lighting can do.  Stream incoming?!  Waiting impatiently!  :)

This post was edited by Vaultarn at September 13, 2017 1:20 PM PDT
    • 281 posts
    September 13, 2017 2:06 PM PDT

Love the fact that you are working on tech development in such a way that it will allow the artists to have a better preview of the final look and allow them to have less attention on optimization tasks.  That is very smart.  The lighting shows a great improvement in the looks as shown in the screenshots, but I think these points, while not as visible to the end user, are way more important.

Good job!

• 454 posts
    September 13, 2017 2:29 PM PDT

Such great screen shots! Truly amazing.  I live for graphics in new computer games.  These have been worth waiting for!

• 1468 posts
    September 13, 2017 2:35 PM PDT

Looking forward to the stream but please post details about it on these forums as well as social media :). I don't really use Twitter and Facebook all that much.

The screenshots look awesome.