Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

RPG Memories Reincarnated for Pantheon

• 3237 posts
    September 7, 2017 9:51 PM PDT

I wanted to share a list of my favorite RPG memories/mechanics and open a dialogue to see if anybody else remembers these and gauge their thoughts on how they could be incorporated into a game like Pantheon.  Most of these were considered an optional side quest.

Breath of Fire 2 (SNES)

Township

Giant Monster Island (Super High Risk/Reward)

Shamans

Hunting/Fishing/Manillo Merchants

Lufia 2 (SNES)

Ancient Cave (100 Floor Dungeon)

Capsule Monsters

Core Enemies (High XP, will attempt to Escape)

Final Fantasy 3 (NA/SNES)

Veldt

Blue Magic

Coliseum

Dragon Eggs

Intangir

Finding Gogo

Ragnarok (Weapon or Esper)

Chrono Trigger (SNES)

Combo Techs

Final Fantasy 7 (Playstation)

Golden Saucer

Emerald/Ruby Weapon

Final Fantasy 8 (Playstation)

Triple Triad (Card Game)

Feel free to share your own RPG memories or any input on whether or not you think some of the features from above could/should be adapted for an MMO like Pantheon.

This post was edited by oneADseven at September 7, 2017 9:52 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    September 7, 2017 11:51 PM PDT

Moved to Off-Topic man, this is fine to discuss but it isn;t directly related to Pantheon and is more about other games/memories.

• 3237 posts
    September 8, 2017 5:28 AM PDT

Sorry about that man!  I just wanted to initiate a post that could get the creative juices flowing and figured it was pretty similar to many of the other engaging posts I have seen in the same forum.  It was late and I got a bit ahead of myself, my bad!

• 9115 posts
    September 8, 2017 8:37 AM PDT

oneADseven said:

Sorry about that man!  I just wanted to initiate a post that could get the creative juices flowing and figured it was pretty similar to many of the other engaging posts I have seen in the same forum.  It was late and I got a bit ahead of myself, my bad!

It's all good man, I like the topic and hope to see others join in :)

• 1468 posts
    September 8, 2017 11:36 AM PDT

oneADseven said:

I'm about to start a bit of an RPG game re-play session of some older games that I used to love!

Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition

Baldurs Gate 2 Enhanced Edition

Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition

Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition

Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete Edition

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition

I reckon that should last until pre-alpha comes out :D. Some of the best games from when I was growing up in that list. You can get them all on GOG and I think they are all well worth the money. The Neverwinter Nights games even come with level editors so you can make your own and download other peoples which is cool.