Forums » The Humans

Choice of class?

• 407 posts
    August 29, 2017 6:18 AM PDT

Given that only we humans have the luxury of being any class - toward which are you leaning? And why human instead of one of the other eight races?

For myself, all races capable of song have merit. The joy and childlike wonder of Halflings, elegance of Elves, or spirituality of Archai are all attractive archetypes for a minstrel. The maritime mysteries of the Myr and dramatic dourness of the Dwarves both offer a new spin on the classic bard.

Ordinary humans, however, will no less need songs of epic feats and brave sacrifices spread across the land. More importantly human pubs (where tales are told and stories shared in melody and verse) tend to serve libations from all cultures - how wonderful! Plus the chance of a command performance at The Lady King's court, flirting with the upper crust, is entoxicating. Add our delicious political intrigue & fancy feathered hats and there simply isn't another choice. What say you?

This post was edited by Kumu at August 29, 2017 6:35 AM PDT
    • 2262 posts
    August 29, 2017 2:30 PM PDT

I like to have one alt that resembles me as a player in real life. That will therefore be a Human Monk.

• 162 posts
    August 29, 2017 2:56 PM PDT

It is a good question Kumu that I sure cannot explain. It has been the standard for decades human always were the more balanced class stats wise that had usualy all of the classes option. It came at a cost back in the days, in totals Human had less points less advantages. Nowaday they are generaly in line with others. 

Less animation to code for some races if they cant be certain class. In some other game the lore specify that certain knowledge are not know to certain races. Sometimes starting stats dictate that to the lack : say of agility you cannot be a ranger. 

In general starting races have an impact in vanila sets , then thru expenssion with the stat inflation it get filtered out.

We have yet to see what Pantheon will look like on lauch concerning that aspect.

To an extent it is also some way to spread the player base around the overworld, to also get similar minded peoples (at least concerning their in game look) together.

The question is Legit and there is alot of reasons tied to why it is the standard nowaday. 

• 9 posts
    September 1, 2017 4:59 AM PDT

I will definitely be making a human summoner, like Bazgrim, I also want to have myself represented digitally. My main in eq2 for many years was / is a Human Conjuror named Jaysn McBride. I like to think of my human character as me actually transported into this fantastic world. For Pantheon that actually fits in nicely with the other lore thats been released what with all the combined peoples from so many different planets and cultures.