Forums » Pantheon Lore

It's been a while, soliciting ideas for a new essay

• 296 posts
    August 28, 2017 7:12 PM PDT

Hey everyone, 

those of you who have read stuff like the Primer on the Divines or the Consolidated history at the top of the forum may have known I briefly had the opportunity to be Lore Historian. I chose to step away when presented with a professional legal opportunity, and have been essentially buried in work for almost 6 months. As I get more free time, however, my thoughts turn again to Pantheon. I'd like to ask you guys if anyone has any (serious) lore questions that they'd like to see summarized or expounded upon. Obviously this would be more of an explanation of already available lore, not anything which I am bound by NDA. I'd be thrilled to contribute to the community once again and breathe life into the lore forum.

Hit me with cool ideas!

• 437 posts
    August 29, 2017 5:08 AM PDT

Welcome back Jimmayus.  Assumed you were MIA working with Istuulamae behind the scenes.  Congrats on your personal career opportunity, though bittersweet with regard to Pantheon's loss.

How about a lore-based treatise answering the old chestnut Are Humans Boring? Considering our story on Terminus contains struggle, survival, betrayal, hope, greatness, corruption and political intrigue the answer seems obvious to this bard.  It is rather curious though that, unlike many other races, there is no hint of what transpired for humans prior to the collision that brought them.  Perhaps a host of video game forum dwellers were sucked through a mystical vortex?

Just don't spill any beans!

This post was edited by Kumu at August 29, 2017 5:26 AM PDT
    • 2147 posts
    August 29, 2017 9:56 AM PDT

Long time no see Jimmayus welcome back. :)

• 2377 posts
    August 29, 2017 2:22 PM PDT

Welcome back, lorekeeper!

• 164 posts
    August 29, 2017 3:07 PM PDT

Welcome back Jim !

To answer your request:

Anything related to Dire Lord as a resume I would take the time and read.

• 266 posts
    September 1, 2017 4:04 PM PDT

Hey jimmy!  Welcome back and grats on the career upgrade :)  I have always been kind of a details oriented guy and I often wonder what some of the various gains, surrenders are during big history affecting events as well as wars and whatnot.   As an example I recently looked at the Celestial Boundry lore/concept and I thought that would be awesome to flesh out as well as some of hte major conflicts such as when the Ogres were rampaging over Terminus.  What did the ogres have to give up once their Figurehead disappeared  as well as what did the world/denziens of Terminus gain/lose when the Celestial Accords went into effect.  How did life change if at all for the people of the world?  I don't know if this would be behind the scenes or if it would be more literary fiction because some things are covered in the given Lore but not the effects that those decisions/conseqeunces had on the world.

Had to edit my monkspeech/type to make it legible to all reding parties involved.

This post was edited by Sogotp at September 1, 2017 4:08 PM PDT
    • 25 posts
    September 21, 2017 10:43 PM PDT

Don't know if these questions are what you're after, but they do pertain to the current lore.

1. The pedigree for the planet seems to be Nhystyrrok -> Aevozul -> Terminus, but I can find no mention of the N to A change. Missing lore?

2. Fragments of mentions of the Ginto. If they have a role to play now, is there more lore about them?

3. The Tholen seem to be lore keepers of Terminus. Do they still exist? If so, should their lore be expanded to encourage adventures to seek them out for information?

• 1543 posts
    October 10, 2017 6:13 PM PDT

Ogre Dire Lords and Dark Myr Bards are really the only topics worth discussing.