Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Upgrading Package Is It Worth It?

• 34 posts
    August 28, 2017 4:21 PM PDT

I am currently debating about upgrading my Keeper Package to get in the Alpha, is it worth It. To get in I need to pay another £120. What do you think.

• 9115 posts
    August 28, 2017 5:29 PM PDT

Moved to Off-Topic my friend, this question is highly personal and people will have different feelings on what value it holds to them over others.

Just to be clear, we are not in Alpha yet, testing has not started so if you purchase the upgrade you will still be waiting to join testing when it is launched and pre-alpha will be first.

• 189 posts
    August 29, 2017 8:25 AM PDT

As Kilsin said, we aren't in pre-alpha yet. I believe they will cut off pre-alpha upgrades a little before pre-alpha starts. My suggestion, if you want into Alpha and it's not too much for you to handle. GO FOR IT! Who knows when they plan to limit alpha testers when the ball starts rollin'!

• 626 posts
    August 30, 2017 6:22 AM PDT

Worth it is a matter of Opinion. For me yes its worth it to help provide any funds I can to help VR build the game of my dreams. For others that doesn't makes sense, and they look at me funny for investing so much. So do what you feel is worth it to you. Everyone is going to have a difference of opinion on what plegde is worth it, but you will have to base this off your feelings. 

• 189 posts
    August 30, 2017 6:29 AM PDT

Saicred forgot to mention he put in enough money to get into PRE-ALPHA. Not ALPHA. xD So I believe he spent quite a bit more money. One thing I can inform you about (as it will most likely happen again when they start thinking about pre-alpha) is when I decided to pledge, I pledged right before they changed the $100 pledge alpha testing founders pack to $100 beta testing. Now alpha is up at around $250? Or something like that. Get it while you can if you're seriously interested! 

Just make sure to keep an open mind about alpha. It's not a complete game, rather they want you to point out bugs and give huge descriptions of what happened. If you can help comb out those bugs with the rest of everyone else, the game will be SPECTACULAR! A game with very few bugs, a massive storyline, and an immersive world 

• 626 posts
    August 30, 2017 6:48 AM PDT

fancy said:

Saicred forgot to mention he put in enough money to get into PRE-ALPHA. Not ALPHA. xD So I believe he spent quite a bit more money. One thing I can inform you about (as it will most likely happen again when they start thinking about pre-alpha) is when I decided to pledge, I pledged right before they changed the $100 pledge alpha testing founders pack to $100 beta testing. Now alpha is up at around $250? Or something like that. Get it while you can if you're seriously interested! 

Just make sure to keep an open mind about alpha. It's not a complete game, rather they want you to point out bugs and give huge descriptions of what happened. If you can help comb out those bugs with the rest of everyone else, the game will be SPECTACULAR! A game with very few bugs, a massive storyline, and an immersive world 

hehe true, and it is good to remind everyone that PA, Alpha, and Beta are meant for testing as well. Not so much playing to just enjoy the game, but testing things out to ensure everyone can play and enjoy the game come Release. Thanks for that Fancy :)