Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

The Spoony Bard I: It's Instrumental!

• 219 posts
    August 22, 2017 7:41 PM PDT

Hello all you Bards, Bard watchers, Bard friends, Bard fans, and want to be Bards out there!

Welcome to the [First], hopefully of many, Bard social off topic threads!  Here are the rules:

-Be or like Bards
    -Be or like talking about stuff (at least occasionally related to Bards)
    -Talk about stuff!
    -Also, don't be mean to people - Bards have a reputation (and high CHA score!) to maintain!
    -And if we somehow cap the thread, start another one (you get to come up with the subtitle!)

With that said, there is no topic.  This is an off topic topic.  Which means topicing off the topic is perfectly acceptable.  Recommended.  Required, even.  Talk about Bard things or non-Bard things.  Game things or non-game things.  Just be nice and let's build us a community!

So dust off your instruments, gurgle some water to get those singing voices ready, and throw on your best gaudy-gorgeous Bardic vestments.  In the words of Darkblade Bard:

Let's
    Get
    Spoony!

How's everyone doing this evening?  And to keep it semi-game related: What are you guys interested in seeing for Bards?

Personally, I want to see intstruments, supporting music, awesome Bard gear (a flare for style - kind of like Red Mages), and lots and lots and lots of throwing daggers and fancy bladework around the edges.

Anyone ever read the Wheel of Time?  Thom is THE MAN.
    Or if you're familiar with Taliesin (either the Pendragon Cycle one OR the pre 10th century Welsh one upon whom he is based)?  Also awesome Bardry.

I'd like to see that translated into a video game.

Let's see, what else...oh, anyone get to see that eclipse?  Next one's in 8 years!

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at August 25, 2017 6:58 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    August 25, 2017 6:59 PM PDT

Cleaned up the double post for you my friend and moved the thread to Off-Topic so you can run free and enjoy yourself :)

• 219 posts
    August 27, 2017 9:36 AM PDT

Thank you for the cleanup...but the point of a class off topic post was for class off topic posting.  :)  And, mainly, to build community.  I've seen some threads like this in the past and they're great for building friendships and community between people.  And given that the game isn't so much out yet, it's a prime time to do just that until we have more to dig into.  But...we'll see.  :)

• 9115 posts
    August 27, 2017 5:47 PM PDT

Renathras said:

Thank you for the cleanup...but the point of a class off topic post was for class off topic posting.  :)  And, mainly, to build community.  I've seen some threads like this in the past and they're great for building friendships and community between people.  And given that the game isn't so much out yet, it's a prime time to do just that until we have more to dig into.  But...we'll see.  :)

Ahh ok, I get you, my friend, it is probably better suited to the new forums as they are more game related, these ones are more development orientated so we tend to push anything not directly related to the game or its development to off-topic to help keep the forums clean.

I will look at creating off-topic class sub forums for you all to post in on the new forums, even if it is just an off-topic sticky.