Forums » General Support

Alpha release heads up?

• 4 posts
    August 21, 2017 9:37 PM PDT

Hey this is kinda a question for the VR crew so not sure where to put this, but wondering on other peoples thoughts on this . I am on the fence about signing up for the $100 a month to have access to the alpha client. Was just wondering since i read somewhere that as the game gets closer to release some of the pledge options may be phased out, could we get a heads up as to when that may happen so that those of us on the fence about wanting to join alpha can have one last kick at the can?

• 171 posts
    August 21, 2017 10:09 PM PDT

Pre-Alpha, for $100US/Month (with a 2 year signup. jk.)

Sure, makes sense to time that $100/mon. purchase right at pre-alpha start. But pre-alpha is a secret and you only know about it if you paid for it. :)

• 7441 posts
    August 22, 2017 2:56 AM PDT

We won't be able to give any notice and we will cut the pledges to pre-alpha off well before it starts without warning, otherwise, people would just sign up for one monthly payment to get into pre-alpha then bail on us.

Another reason we won't announce changes or the discontinuation of pledges is because we use them to manage testing numbers and if we announce one is changing or ending, people will rush to buy it and blow our numbers out, so my advice is to purchase the right pledge for you now if you can afford it as there are no guarentees how long they will be around for.

I have gone ahead and moved this to General Support as it is related to pledges/testing.

• 66 posts
    August 22, 2017 7:12 AM PDT

would love to know the definition of well before.....seems like pre-alpha is still far away with that statement.

• 9 posts
    August 22, 2017 3:35 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

...we will cut the pledges to pre-alpha off well before it starts without warning... my advice is to purchase the right pledge for you now if you can afford it as there are no guarentees how long they will be around for...

As a lurker for the past year, I've been waiting for some sort of pre-alpha notifcation before I pledged. Now that the pre-alpha pot must be boiling, I don't want to miss out on what's about to be served up. Congratulations on raising my anxienty through the roof, enough to pry an Originator's Pledge out of me.

• 9 posts
    August 22, 2017 3:40 PM PDT

Rocon said:

would love to know the definition of well before.....seems like pre-alpha is still far away with that statement.

I'm assuming they will pull pre-alpha pledge options at least 4 weeks before pre-alpha testing.

• 7441 posts
    August 22, 2017 5:25 PM PDT

Rocon said:

Well before = enough time for us to pull the plug, manage numbers and get what we need for testing done. It would be unwise to assume anything ;)

• 2371 posts
    August 29, 2017 1:00 PM PDT

I pledged summer of 2014...I'm good to go any time you are Kilsin :P hehe

• 2 posts
    November 10, 2017 3:57 PM PST

Hey everyone.  New here.  Just curious.  I bought the $250 pledge for alpha access.  I know its not out right now, but is there anything we have to download in advance or is there an email or something sent out when you are opening it up??  Jus curious how we are to know that you are opening up pre alpha and alpha / beta etc... 

• 7441 posts
    November 10, 2017 4:22 PM PST

Ajin said:

Hey everyone.  New here.  Just curious.  I bought the $250 pledge for alpha access.  I know its not out right now, but is there anything we have to download in advance or is there an email or something sent out when you are opening it up??  Jus curious how we are to know that you are opening up pre alpha and alpha / beta etc... 

Hi Ajin :)

Nothing to download just yet my friend, once we get to that point we will notify everyone who is eligible for access, so double check your email is correct and that emails from VR do not go into your spam or junk folder!

• 2 posts
    November 10, 2017 4:57 PM PST

any chance of getting a test email to test?

• 2371 posts
    November 11, 2017 9:12 AM PST

Ajin said:

We will be notified when the time comes,  currently no e-mails have been put out to anyone yet other than the monthly newsletters,  and the first testers would be  pre-alpha, testing for alpha and beta come later.

Cana

• 2585 posts
    November 11, 2017 10:58 AM PST

Ajin said:

Don't worry about it. As long as the e-mail you have listed here is the correct one, you're all set: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/members/settings/general

They'll make it exceedingly clear when the time comes. You won't miss it.

• 4 posts
    November 13, 2017 11:18 AM PST

Just a note for anyone using Yahoo.com e-mail addresses. They flag e-mails from VR as spam, so check your spam folders! This included the verification e-mail and Id imagine anything else yahoo considers automated.