Forums » Pantheon Classes

Deciding on a class

• 1 posts
    August 18, 2017 7:18 PM PDT
    My favorite two classes from any mmo were bard and druid around luclin and PoP era. I love the utility and jack of all trades feel, plus the ability to solo in creative ways. I know it's early to see how all of the classes will play out, but I'm wondering what people think would be the closest to this.
    • 2886 posts
    August 19, 2017 2:23 AM PDT

Well you will be able to play a Druid in Pantheon at launch. And Bard should be coming soon after launch. Both will probably play pretty similarly to early EQ. So between the two, you should be kept busy for a while haha.

• 189 posts
    August 19, 2017 12:34 PM PDT

I am in agreeance with Baz. Bard may not be there for you to play at release. However, that won't stop you from playing Druid for the time being and just making him your alt later downt he road when Bard comes out.

The only thing that sucks is there isn't something to read or view in terms of how the druid will play or what kind of special skills they will have that someone may need in a group. And that will be the same with bard until they are ready to release them. Heck, there's only 3 classes you can truly read about. And 4 that have been showcased on stream. We are all playing the patient game. 

• 220 posts
    August 20, 2017 7:22 PM PDT

Does it really matter what you play while you wait for Necromancer to release though?  Might as well just stack your character select screen with toppings like it's a froyo bar.  Then just delete the top one on the list when Necromancer comes out, problem solved.

That way you can get back to more important things, like figuring out how to fatten up a captive family of Gnomes before you slow cook them to perfection and craft top teir Pie with those delicate sweat meats.  #lowAndSlow #PieOrNothing

• 624 posts
    August 21, 2017 5:25 AM PDT

I would caution you ZennE, the gnomes of Terminus will make terrible pie.  Practice your dark arts all you want (even gnomes will go necro), but you will find their Maq'esh cloth chewy and tasteless, like an encounter suit or perhaps mummy wrappings when you sit down for supper. And if you crack them open first - pfffft - their ethereal forms will vanish like a fine mist.  Perhaps you have some halfling recipes?

This post was edited by Kumu at August 21, 2017 5:27 AM PDT
    • 220 posts
    August 21, 2017 12:00 PM PDT

Bruh... I got a recipe for Halfer Pie that would make you rethink your choices in life.

But trust me when I tell you, once you learn how properly cook Gnome, the sweet flavor infused into the meat is spiritual.  The trick to Gnome is you can't scortch the magic out of the meat.  The magic is what gives the meat that sweat flavor.  Low and Slow.  All you really want is the sinew to break down and infuse the meat.

Any passing Ogre will pay 5 times the price of a Halfer Pie for a single slice of properly cooked Gnome Pie.  And if you tell them you made it with a chubby Gnome, and describe how the screams of the fat ones are different than the screams of the skinny ones, they will even tip you on top of that.  Ogre prefer to imagine their food is still alive while they eat it and they will pay top dollar for tales of slaughtering villages full of tubby little Gnome butterballs.

#thePieThatBinds

• 1095 posts
    September 25, 2017 2:34 PM PDT

ZennExile said:

Bruh... I got a recipe for Halfer Pie that would make you rethink your choices in life.

But trust me when I tell you, once you learn how properly cook Gnome, the sweet flavor infused into the meat is spiritual.  The trick to Gnome is you can't scortch the magic out of the meat.  The magic is what gives the meat that sweat flavor.  Low and Slow.  All you really want is the sinew to break down and infuse the meat.

Any passing Ogre will pay 5 times the price of a Halfer Pie for a single slice of properly cooked Gnome Pie.  And if you tell them you made it with a chubby Gnome, and describe how the screams of the fat ones are different than the screams of the skinny ones, they will even tip you on top of that.  Ogre prefer to imagine their food is still alive while they eat it and they will pay top dollar for tales of slaughtering villages full of tubby little Gnome butterballs.

#thePieThatBinds

I am wierdly hungry now

• 154 posts
    November 17, 2017 4:32 PM PST

fancy said:

Heck, there's only 3 classes you can truly read about. And 4 that have been showcased on stream. We are all playing the patient game. 

Am I missing one? I remember the shaman, rogue, wizard and !? What is the 4th? 

Also, I agree with you, I would love to have the list of abilities from each class already haha! 

• 2886 posts
    November 17, 2017 6:11 PM PST

Ithaca said:

fancy said:

Heck, there's only 3 classes you can truly read about. And 4 that have been showcased on stream. We are all playing the patient game. 

Am I missing one? I remember the shaman, rogue, wizard and !? What is the 4th? 

Also, I agree with you, I would love to have the list of abilities from each class already haha! 

The Monk: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2017_may_intro/#monk

• 154 posts
    November 20, 2017 3:06 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Haha thank you Bazgrim! How could I forget that I watched Cohh pulling with his monk in the tower of the Reckless magician :0

Cohh did a great job pulling by the way! I was impressed considering he probably did not practise much. VR people mentionned rehearsing for the stream, but I don't know if they invited Cohh or not :)

This post was edited by Ithaca at November 21, 2017 12:02 PM PST
    • 5 posts
    December 9, 2017 3:21 PM PST
    I think Id have to wait and see which classes are the “go to” support classes. I prefer a support/utility playstyle that can solo somewhat decently. Something good when I roam solo but much wanted in groups. I dont have any experience in EQ so pretty excited to see the beta.
    • 2886 posts
    December 11, 2017 6:23 AM PST

Ithaca said:

Bazgrim said:

Haha thank you Bazgrim! How could I forget that I watched Cohh pulling with his monk in the tower of the Reckless magician :0

Cohh did a great job pulling by the way! I was impressed considering he probably did not practise much. VR people mentionned rehearsing for the stream, but I don't know if they invited Cohh or not :)

Haha I believe they did rehearse with him, but even still, that just goes to show how similar the game feels to EQ. Cohh has years of experience pulling with a Monk in EQ and the fact that the basic muscle memory is transferable to Pantheon definitely made a difference.