Forums » Website Support

Web Site Improvements Needed

• 12 posts
    August 16, 2017 6:39 AM PDT

Hello Everyone,

Two things I get frustrated with on the web site that can hopefullyForums be fixed...

1. "Log In" option on the Main Page...presently you have to search for the log in which is under the More drop down.

2. Forums - I would like to be able to track my own posts, either in my profile it provide a link to my posts, or a place in the forums "You Posts". Chronicles of Elyria has a pretty nifty Forums set up. The Pantheon Forums are a bit antiquated and functionally messy.

Frdmlover

Wizard in Training

• 447 posts
    August 16, 2017 6:49 AM PDT

frdmlover said:

Hello Everyone,

Two things I get frustrated with on the web site that can hopefullyForums be fixed...

1. "Log In" option on the Main Page...presently you have to search for the log in which is under the More drop down.

2. Forums - I would like to be able to track my own posts, either in my profile it provide a link to my posts, or a place in the forums "You Posts". Chronicles of Elyria has a pretty nifty Forums set up. The Pantheon Forums are a bit antiquated and functionally messy.

Frdmlover

Wizard in Training

I know new fourms are in the works for us, but there is no ETA on when we will get them. Also the Website isn't seen as a focus just yet as it would take staff away from Game Development to work on it. I'm sure once we get into Beta testing the Website will get a face lift to appeal to more as they start to promote the game for Release. 

• 1093 posts
    August 16, 2017 6:49 AM PDT

They are currently working on new forums :)

If you click the link "Pantheon Forums" on the top left, then click "view my profile" you should see a section there "Forum Posts" that lists all of your forum posts in order of newest first :) (though your profile is set to private so I'm not sure if it will show this for you.)

This post was edited by Rachael at August 16, 2017 6:50 AM PDT
    • 169 posts
    August 16, 2017 8:26 AM PDT

My search skills suck but I did find a few threads indicating that these antiquated SocialNetwork forums had a bunch of functionality removed due to issues and were only rolled out for development purposes, as Saicred said they are focused elsewhere currently.

I think that the new forums have already been created and they might roll out for alpha  with a full suite of modern functionality. 

This post was edited by Fairchild at August 16, 2017 4:46 PM PDT
    • 740 posts
    August 16, 2017 9:43 AM PDT

frdmlover said:

Hello Everyone,

Frdmlover

Wizard in Training

The site is really bad.

The login/logout button is particularly glaring. First, the one of the most commonly used buttons should not be hidden in a drop down. Second, having log in and log out as 2 distinct buttons that area always present is embarrassingly bad. It is week 1 front end development, a complete layperson could google how to display one in one state and the other in the other state.

And after you've logged in, you're ejected back out of wherever you were and have to navigate back, again an extremely easy fix. I'm really surprised they've let this site be the way it is for so long when they are trying to sell the game. 

• 740 posts
    August 16, 2017 9:44 AM PDT

Saicred said:

frdmlover said:

Hello Everyone,

Frdmlover

Wizard in Training

I know new fourms are in the works for us, but there is no ETA on when we will get them. Also the Website isn't seen as a focus just yet as it would take staff away from Game Development to work on it. I'm sure once we get into Beta testing the Website will get a face lift to appeal to more as they start to promote the game for Release. 

"new forums" have been coming since the day these launched, and some of the issues with this site are simple dev tasks that would take a couple hours and have nothing to do with the framework of the forums. 

• 1615 posts
    August 16, 2017 10:19 AM PDT

Yeah, these forums are pretty bad. I wish we just had vBulletin.

I'm not sure what's taking so long but it is a truly painful experience to use right now.

• 177 posts
    August 16, 2017 10:41 AM PDT

As far as I know did they at least one change of the forum software during the development of the new forums. They changed from vBulletin to IPBoard.

You can get some ideas about the new forum software when you take a look at the Pantheon fan site here: http://www.fantheonmmo.com/

On my last information a few month ago they stated, that the new forums are nearly ready and we were told that we would get this new forums right before pre alpha starts.

There is the possibility, that the new forums are already done, but they still hold it back for pre alpha?

• 707 posts
    August 16, 2017 10:50 AM PDT

Landbert said:

On my last information a few month ago they stated, that the new forums are nearly ready and we were told that we would get this new forums right before pre alpha starts.

There is the possibility, that the new forums are already done, but they still hold it back for pre alpha?

If I was them I would be holding back.  Because the moment those boards go up there is going to be a cry for pre-alpha to be soon after, and if pre-alpha doesn't come within a few weeks after the boards are up then there will be major complaints about how they were promised pre-alpha soon after the boards.  It would be much less painful for them to just hold out all of their cards until they're ready to go.

• 347 posts
    August 16, 2017 11:49 AM PDT

If we could please, in the new forums, create a separete sub topic called "Tralyan's Musings", with sub-sub-topics in a drop down below, that would be great.

Tralyan's Meals

Tralyan's Hopes and Dreams

Tralyan's Outfit of the Day (In game and out)

Tralyan and Why His Ideas Are Always Right

Tralyan's Shirtless Mirror Selfies (for the women. You're welcome(and men, because Tralyan is a progressive tank))

Tralyan and Company (a place to display fan mail)

Tralyan, Man or Myth?

etc. etc. etc.

I really feel like this would create a strong, bonded community within the game, especially considering the popularity I'll attain. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours, VR.

Also, widgets. Widgets everywhere. Not really sure what a widget is, but they sound cool.

This post was edited by Tralyan at August 16, 2017 11:50 AM PDT
    • 1373 posts
    August 16, 2017 1:13 PM PDT

I saw that two web developers were hired back in February so it makes me wonder why the monk page hasn't been updated yet?  For me as a consumer, there is a direct correlation between class reveals and progress and it's hard to understand why that page hasn't been updated considering the monk was revealed more than 100 days ago.  If a new person were to check out the site today, they wouldn't even know about the monk reveal unless they went digging through newsletters from the past.  This is just my personal opinion but it seems like updates to the "Classes" page is way lower on the priority scale than it should be.

A few hours of work would increase the scope of that page by 33% ... that's worth it's weight a thousand times over in terms of impact for viewers.  This is just my opinion of course, and I don't want it to be misconstrued as negativity or anything like that.  I am aware that VR is hard at work behind the scenes but there is a page dedicated for this kind of thing and considering how much hard work/time went into getting the reveal done, I think it should be showcased front and center just like the others were.

This post was edited by oneADseven at August 16, 2017 1:14 PM PDT
    • 177 posts
    August 16, 2017 1:54 PM PDT
    Oh I forgot about the two hired web developers, but now again reading about it I can remember.

They for sure stopped any work on the old page and are only improving and adding content to the new one.

At present this is a bit uncomfortable for us, but hopefully we have a lot new to discover once the new page is up.
    • 6970 posts
    August 16, 2017 5:23 PM PDT

Moved to Website Support and removed an Off-Topic post plus a quote of an Off-Topic post.

The new IPB forums are being worked on by a separate team, we have been very open about the bumps in the road, the security side of things, the account migration and eCommerce hurdles, we cannot move to the new IPB forums until they have been resolved and once they have been, we will announce it, I will personally sing it from the roof tops as no matter how bad you guys think you have it, I have it 100 times worse than that! So believe me when I say we are working on it. :)

Once the new forums are done, we will continue to make tweaks to the overall website.

This post was edited by Kilsin at August 16, 2017 5:24 PM PDT
    • 195 posts
    August 17, 2017 5:48 AM PDT

Liav said:

I'm not sure what's taking so long but it is a truly painful experience to use right now.

No, just no.  vBulleting lost it's touch after 3.x (I was a active Mod developer for vBulletin).  Xenforo and IPB are the forum software of choice currently.

• 1367 posts
    August 20, 2017 3:45 PM PDT

Rivacom said:

Liav said:

No, just no.  vBulleting lost it's touch after 3.x (I was a active Mod developer for vBulletin).  Xenforo and IPB are the forum software of choice currently.

Xenforo is great. I use it for Pantheon Crafters and it does the job really well.