MUD Experience

• 1095 posts
    August 8, 2017 8:24 PM PDT

If anyone wants to see what a MUD is like

https://www.tbamud.com/

Download MUDLet

then connect using tbamud.com port 9091

If see Aich online say hello its me.

We are continuing the Mud experince here.

This post was edited by Aich at August 9, 2017 7:18 AM PDT
    • 219 posts
    August 12, 2017 1:50 AM PDT

Oh man, it's been ages since I logged into a MUD.  I played one back in...1996, I think it was?  The last time I logged into it must have been in 2010 or so, and that was just to see if it was still actually functioning.  XD

MUDs - the first MMOs, really.

• 10 posts
    August 12, 2017 6:28 AM PDT

I played Zork many years ago, which kinda prepared me for MUDs.   I loved playing MUD's, although I'd have to tape several sheets of paper together to draw myself a map because I'd always get lost! :)

• 17 posts
    August 30, 2017 8:44 AM PDT

There are several communities still around MUDs, but I found them to be quite split. It's not easy as a newcomer to get an overview of where to start. The /r/MUD community, The MUDCoders Guild/Slack, MUDBytes forum, and of course The MUD Connector... Honestly, I think this is too much for such a small niche.

I'm very intersted in learning how MUDs used to work however, and currently reading a few books on that topic.

This post was edited by Kaeril at August 30, 2017 9:30 AM PDT
    • 1095 posts
    December 9, 2017 5:36 PM PST

Kaeril said:

There are several communities still around MUDs, but I found them to be quite split. It's not easy as a newcomer to get an overview of where to start. The /r/MUD community, The MUDCoders Guild/Slack, MUDBytes forum, and of course The MUD Connector... Honestly, I think this is too much for such a small niche.

I'm very intersted in learning how MUDs used to work however, and currently reading a few books on that topic.

TBAMud is a base circlemud, we teach how to build zones etc there. I'm more for the dgscript stuff to make things come alive.

• 43 posts
    December 9, 2017 6:10 PM PST

Only dipped toes is MUDD's.  I was more of a MUSHer.  =)

• 9 posts
    December 21, 2017 6:26 AM PST

ZombieMUD is ze best