Forums » The Summoner

Specific question

• 165 posts
    July 26, 2017 4:54 PM PDT
    Did they ever mention for the summoner class if it'll be a base pet like eq? Or do the pets get stronger as the Mage get gets stronger? (Like more int for mage =more attack power for mage pet)
    • 7584 posts
    July 26, 2017 9:31 PM PDT

I don't think we have answered that just yet my friend, that will come with more combat information but int he meantime I have moved this post to the Summoner sub forum until we are able to release an answer :)

• 29 posts
    July 27, 2017 1:44 AM PDT

Taledar said: Did they ever mention for the summoner class if it'll be a base pet like eq? Or do the pets get stronger as the Mage get gets stronger? (Like more int for mage =more attack power for mage pet)

If i remember correctly there was some talk that the summoner will be able to summon pets that are a lot like mobs from the game. It sounded a bit different from EQ. Take that with a grain of salt since i don't remember where exactly i read about that.

• 506 posts
    August 15, 2017 3:49 AM PDT

Well, see the summoner, mage have been basically modeled around EQ, the ranger however is a class old bow and arrow shooter. In all honesty? i wish i knew it was a pet calling class. I dont want 5  min buffing classes. If it is 5 minute we will be exactly like Lineage 2, and that game sucked.

So i am hoping it is much like the EQ class, but this is why i dont pick a class until the alpha phases/beta

• 27 posts
    October 17, 2017 6:06 PM PDT

I do not like the "more INT = more ATK" pet...it's too simplistic and hard to balance (EQ2 has been doing that due to their overly simple stats...Pantheon's stats are not simple). It would be better to have equipment with its own "pet stats", and/or the pet uses the equipment given to it by the player (I'm not sure if the items should be eaten up or not...if they vanish from existence it limits what can be given, but we also can't personalize the pet as much knowing full well that things with stats cost a lot of money [unless Summoners get their own pet equipment spells, but that overloads us with spells and is too like modern EQ]).

If we need a tanky pet we'll have the equipment for that, and if we want a highly resistant to fire pet...we may have items for that too. This will make the pet a more reliable tank, and maybe a requirement if it is just safer to tank with a pet before all the debuffs stick on the mob. This also solves the problem as to WHY we need summonable bags, but I hope they don't vanish with our equipment...that's not fun when a storm takes out the power.

I guess my own question is if we'll need to buy new spells for upgraded pets like in EQ or something else completely different (I want more summon item spells, not a ton of spells to summon pets that'll never be used again. Who summons a lv. 20 pet when they are lv. 50? Then again, summoned items and barriers would need upgrades too unless they are scaled by the user's level [Level 10 summoned dagger is unique and can be used by a level 50 Rogue if it's summoned by a level 50 Summoner])

I would be surprised if CHA was made a viable stat for pets, but now I'm going off a tangent.

• 29 posts
    October 18, 2017 1:15 AM PDT

One thing that i didn't like in EQ was that you needed to always buy the next spell in the line that did absolutely the same, only with higher numbers. I hope they wont do it that way here. I hope that spells scale with level.

• 400 posts
    October 18, 2017 3:36 AM PDT

It depends a bit on how big a portion of the summoners total damage the pet (or pets) will be. If pets are only a small portion, and the rest comes the summoner, then pets don't need much scalability. Otoh, if the pet provides the majority of a summoners damage, then it really should scale with the summoners equipment. Otherwise the summoners power will stagnate at the high end, while other classes continue to grow.

Of course, pet focus items need to be considered too, maybe they will play a major part in Pantheon.

• 599 posts
    October 20, 2017 4:23 PM PDT

Radeon said:

I do not like the "more INT = more ATK" pet...it's too simplistic and hard to balance (EQ2 has been doing that due to their overly simple stats...Pantheon's stats are not simple). It would be better to have equipment with its own "pet stats", and/or the pet uses the equipment given to it by the player (I'm not sure if the items should be eaten up or not...if they vanish from existence it limits what can be given, but we also can't personalize the pet as much knowing full well that things with stats cost a lot of money [unless Summoners get their own pet equipment spells, but that overloads us with spells and is too like modern EQ]).

If we need a tanky pet we'll have the equipment for that, and if we want a highly resistant to fire pet...we may have items for that too. This will make the pet a more reliable tank, and maybe a requirement if it is just safer to tank with a pet before all the debuffs stick on the mob. This also solves the problem as to WHY we need summonable bags, but I hope they don't vanish with our equipment...that's not fun when a storm takes out the power.

I guess my own question is if we'll need to buy new spells for upgraded pets like in EQ or something else completely different (I want more summon item spells, not a ton of spells to summon pets that'll never be used again. Who summons a lv. 20 pet when they are lv. 50? Then again, summoned items and barriers would need upgrades too unless they are scaled by the user's level [Level 10 summoned dagger is unique and can be used by a level 50 Rogue if it's summoned by a level 50 Summoner])

I would be surprised if CHA was made a viable stat for pets, but now I'm going off a tangent.

I like your ideas to a point the one thing i don't want the mage pet to be able to do though is being able to tank anything, cept for trivialized npc's, the reason i say this is becuase if they can tank they become to much of a independent class like they were in EQ and with this game focusing more on a group centric game, that would be unfair to a ton of other classes, but the whole gear thing and everything im fine with for as long it doesn't give them abilty to tank.