Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington passes away aged 41

• 2130 posts
    July 20, 2017 2:59 PM PDT

Suicide. God damn. On Chris Cornell's birthday no less.

I turn 25 next month, I practically grew up listening to LP and still occasionally do. Hybrid Theory and Meteora are timeless albums to me.

Too real.

• 595 posts
    July 20, 2017 4:16 PM PDT

So sad.  Gone way too early.

I can empathize with your emotions right now @Liav.  Chris Cornell's passing nearly killed me.

• 542 posts
    July 20, 2017 7:06 PM PDT

My best street gf in the mid grades always had Linkin Park on while doing homework together
    Such sadness in his eyes during the final day.He carried a heavy burden
    I hope there is rebirth so he can have the childhood he never had

• 2130 posts
    July 20, 2017 7:25 PM PDT

Fluffy said:

My best street gf in the mid grades always had Linkin Park on while doing homework together
    Such sadness in his eyes during the final day.He carried a heavy burden
    I hope there is rebirth so he can have the childhood he never had

Indeed. His childhood was a wreck, it's no surprise he had many demons to deal with.

One day I hope society will treat depression as exactly what it is - a cancer of joy, hope, and the mind in general - and that we will be able to effectively treat it. Sometimes there just isn't a fix even with the best resources available, at least with our current technology.

The brain is a complex beast.

This post was edited by Liav at July 20, 2017 7:26 PM PDT
    • 542 posts
    July 21, 2017 3:35 AM PDT

In order for society to do anything about depression,I think it should first cease being a cause of depressions.
    There is little that technology can do about it I believe.As Einstein once said "I Fear the Day That Technology Will Surpass Our Human Interaction"
    You should see them all in public with their smartphone,little connection to those around them.Those in front of them not important.
    With the way it is in society ,depressions gets free reign to set in
    Only human interaction can cure depression,if they genuinely care.But more often than not they criticize people with depressions "those weaklings,those lazy good-for-nothings"
    Trying to crawl out of a depression is not easy.Certainly not when you are on your own
    For people it is easier to judge,knowing nothing about the life of a person

"Two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity ,and i'm not sure about the former" Einstein also said.
    When I give a glance at TV (rarely watch it) and see how youth acts nowadays and how stupidity gets praised all the time,the life of a hermit actually seems appealing.
    I can imagine someone would think " I don't want to see where this is going anymore" - but not everyone has the balls to end it.
    Since english is not my main language ,I had to look up the word jaded that was used to describe Dark Myr a while ago
    "made numb, apathetic, or cynical by experience or by having or seeing too much of something "
    I wonder if being jaded is a sign of depression.Somehow I believe the 2 work well together.

This post was edited by Fluffy at July 21, 2017 3:36 AM PDT
    • 125 posts
    July 21, 2017 8:58 PM PDT

I just turned 58 and its so sad to hear of events like this. I have seen Linkin Park many times and have cooked for them 5 times when they came to town. I loved their music from day one and not because I cooked for them a few times. I was a fan a long time before that and went out of my way to see them. Everytime this happens to young artists I ask myself why. 

Couldnt help but listen to Hallelujah tonight. Its what he sang at Chris' funeral

Ill leave my last words to Leonard Cohen... RIP Chester... may you find the peace you never found in life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q

This post was edited by Aatu at July 21, 2017 10:00 PM PDT
    • 542 posts
    July 22, 2017 4:54 AM PDT

Wonder if there is a truth to "in order to allow others to love you,you must first learn how to love yourself"

When words fail,music speaks.

Since music is a cure for the mind,you might think music could have been his salvation.

Lately I seem to prefer instrumental songs.The build up of this Hallelujah song is amazing,so much more feeling to it imo.A sad violin fits well too 

• 125 posts
    July 22, 2017 8:24 AM PDT

Beautiful Fluffy. Its truly amazing to me the beauty one finds within simplicity if one looks hard enough.

• 182 posts
    July 22, 2017 1:18 PM PDT

I really enjoyed a lot of Linkin Park, and still do. One of the best groups to listen to when working out or running. Hate to see how many musicians are tortured inside.

• 542 posts
    July 23, 2017 6:47 PM PDT

It is hard to find the beauty of simplicity for many people.Often too worked-up in daily life.None of that is worth it.

My Uncle died too this year,always nervous ,always wanted to know every trivial detail about laws ,manuals,other people breaking law . I wonder what enjoyment he has had in his final years. He couldn't just let things go and let them be. Fortunately it was a silent heart attack,so he was gone before he realized it.

Even with the ability to channel pain through music.There is only so much of the pain you can get rid of that way