Forums » Pantheon Classes

Which Class To Play

• 34 posts
    July 20, 2017 11:57 AM PDT

I normally play the traditional classes like Cleric, Shaman and Pally, we have a great choice but I don't want to end up playing one what most people choose lol. I am defin not a rogue man but I might try out a Ranger. It's part of the fun choosing but I do make a good healer. Choices Choices.

This post was edited by Tristar at July 20, 2017 11:58 AM PDT
    • 255 posts
    July 20, 2017 2:38 PM PDT

Go with the class you like the most. Not really a lot of fun for you to choose something just because it is the least popular. You may not like it.

I myself tend to play multiple classes as I like variety, One will me my main char, but I will try them all during beta to see which I like the best.

Everyone needs a good healer..

• 422 posts
    July 21, 2017 5:44 AM PDT

I will for sure be maining a Ranger, but a Paladin sounds equally apealing to me. 

The Ranger has always been my "got to". Just the idea of a lone wolf type staking his homelands protecting the people from the shadows. An unsung hero keeping the dangers of the world at bay. The people he protects know nothing of the dangers they would face without him, but know nothing of his efforts. He does this because of his sense of duty and love for his home, not for the admiration of the people. Seen as an outcast and vagabond by those he protects, they unknowingly treat their savior as they would a stray dog. Yet day to day, night after night, he prowls the borders to keep his thankless bretheren safe and content in their oblivious little world.

• 7 posts
    July 25, 2017 3:43 PM PDT

I typically play melee, but I think I'm going to switch it up for this one.  Just need to decide between ranged and heals.

• 287 posts
    October 10, 2017 6:48 PM PDT
    ^ loved the ranger description above. I have always main'd a caster and probably will go the melee route this time.
    • 1860 posts
    October 10, 2017 8:47 PM PDT

There is a reason why I normally play the classes I do.  That is what I enjoy playing.  I'm sure everyone on these forums has enough experience to know their preferred play style.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.  You do you.  Don't reinvent the wheel...or any other bad slogan that fits this scenario.  If you play a good healer, play a good healer.

This post was edited by philo at October 10, 2017 8:49 PM PDT
    • 248 posts
    October 11, 2017 5:03 AM PDT

I always start out thinking I should try something new. Play a healer! Or play a caster! Never really played them ever.
    But they never survive the big question: "Do they use swords?".
    I have no idea why, but I just love wielding swords and dual wield is the best.
    So I will have fun playing all the classes, but will always end up maining whichever class got the swords.
    As Philo says, play what you enjoy :D

-sorte.

• 29 posts
    October 14, 2017 6:41 PM PDT

Your imagination dictates what you want to play. My imagination is full of volcanoes, lasers, rocks, metal, blades, energies, chaos, manifested objects...and my favorite class in EQ was Magician (so it'll likely be Summoner in Pantheon).

Warriors in your imagination? Wars? Struggles? Be a tank.

Blue colors, magic auras, still waters? Enchanter

Forests? Bows? Do you hunt? Survival? Perhaps Ranger.

Etc. Etc.

My brother always played Necromancer and anything remotely like that in other games, card games, etc. The question of "what should I play?" usually happens after playing too much in one go. If the desire to make alts comes along...do something completely different for a while (I only had 1 max level character in my life due to my alts and the lessons I learned from them...since my max level Druid was once an alt I sorely regretted).

The lesson to me was: Play your Magician and stop vacillating!

This post was edited by Radeon at October 14, 2017 7:01 PM PDT
    • 1120 posts
    October 14, 2017 10:43 PM PDT

Tristar said:

I normally play the traditional classes like Cleric, Shaman and Pally, we have a great choice but I don't want to end up playing one what most people choose lol. I am defin not a rogue man but I might try out a Ranger. It's part of the fun choosing but I do make a good healer. Choices Choices.

Play the class that you enjoy the most.  The one you want to play.  Dont worry about how many people play that class... worry about finding a way to differentiate yourself from them.

As someone who primarily plays a healer, i always look for good tanks, write their names down, friend them.  Im sure everyone does this.

• 107 posts
    October 16, 2017 7:35 PM PDT

I will likely play some sort of DPS class. As an alt I'd play a human cleric though. Humans look the best in plate armor.