Forums » News and Announcements

Check out our new promo video!

• 9115 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:27 AM PDT

"Bring Friends" captures the philosophy behind Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. RPGs are most memorable and most powerful when they are enjoyed with friends. Become a hero - but don't do it alone.

Official Forums: https://pantheonmmo.com/trailers/sdcc17/

YouTube: https://youtu.be/3pZ0Fxe-uKY

style="display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;" src="https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE8m7N1UwAEK-GO.jpg:large" alt="" width="1125" height="612">

This post was edited by
    VR-Mod1 at July 17, 2017 8:29 AM PDT
    • 248 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:33 AM PDT

Yay! I'll bring friends :D

Looks really good.
    I was wondering who the voice is? It's a nice voice :)

-sorte.

• 595 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:35 AM PDT

RSVP +4

• 3237 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:35 AM PDT

Well played.  Love it!

• 42 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:38 AM PDT

Yes I'm ready to play!

• 29 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:39 AM PDT

A little cheesy but I loved it!

• 9115 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:39 AM PDT

Sorte said:

Looks really good.

-sorte.

It was a voice actor through a friend of the companies, his voice is pretty cool, sounds like the movie guy a bit haha :)

• 542 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:53 AM PDT

Such gorgeous environments
    such dramatic music when the prince of flames finally falls <3
    Looks like that lich also asked the wraith servants to apply some mascara to look most excellent when his moment to shine would come

• 35 posts
    July 17, 2017 9:14 AM PDT

Is this a sign we are close to an Alpha release?!?!

• VR Staff
    • 104 posts
    July 17, 2017 9:20 AM PDT

Sorte said:

Looks really good.

-sorte.

He's a voice actor from Vancouver, BC, Canada. His name is Ross Huguet. He was a real joy to work with!

• 12 posts
    July 17, 2017 9:41 AM PDT

Beautiful music and nice voice. Editing was a little silly though. Too many circle shots!

• 40 posts
    July 17, 2017 9:46 AM PDT

Loved the music and the filming, looked very dramatic, but 10/10 for the humour. And keep the voice actor for the next one :)

• 542 posts
    July 17, 2017 9:50 AM PDT

agree that it is an excellent voice actor,a keeper for sure

• 278 posts
    July 17, 2017 11:29 AM PDT

Love it and it should realy appeal to the right kind of players.

• 189 posts
    July 17, 2017 12:07 PM PDT
    Not a bad teaser! Looking forward to more!
    • 363 posts
    July 17, 2017 1:00 PM PDT

This is awesome, I love the part where you essentially told solo players to "squad up or take a seat m8" :)

This post was edited by Flossie at July 19, 2017 10:39 AM PDT
    • 56 posts
    July 17, 2017 1:19 PM PDT

I liked the video though it is easier for me because I am familiar with Pantheon. However, I am concerned that as a promotional video, for those that do not know anything about Pantheon, that it doesn't give enough info to understand what you are viewing or what the goal of the game is.

This post was edited by Vaad at July 17, 2017 1:19 PM PDT
    • 12 posts
    July 17, 2017 1:35 PM PDT

There's no way I can show that to my friends. I thought it would be a tough sell before, but this video will kill my arguments before I get a chance to make them.

• 542 posts
    July 17, 2017 1:48 PM PDT

Thought it was meant as a little teaser/surprise for the fans already subscribed to the newsletter? 

It does capture the sentiment of games I used to love back in the days,like this one

• 208 posts
    July 17, 2017 2:05 PM PDT

Hmm I wish I could give positive reviews but alas there were so many places in the video/teaser that would just stop/pause and then jump ahead like 10 seconds I still have not seen the whole thing even after 5 attempts.  Maybe too many viewings at once but I don't think so.  From what I saw I would add some type of guide/codex for a better concept/point of philosophy to certain points in the video.  This game is suppose to rely on the person's preparedness of adventure, so why not throw in a semi-transparent/ghostly font type of "what do you do?" or "what is your decision?"  when you do the "bring some friends" quote put that on the screen with the player dying to show that it will be difficult and community is important. 

I did like what I could see of the traveling shots for lack of a better term,  wish you would have shown the ice gradually creeping over the screen on the elements node or even do it on a desert atmosphere.  I liked the intense/creepy/dreadful images of mobs/players that I saw.  Those would be good places to put up some other kind of nabbing/thoughprovoking text for the person watching the video.  Overall I will say it is a good video of what I have seen and there are some things I love but I need to see the whole video without the skips/pauses to get the full effect and render a proper evaluation..

Edited for really glaring typos and such

This post was edited by Sogotp at July 17, 2017 2:08 PM PDT
    • 643 posts
    July 17, 2017 2:16 PM PDT

Sorry guys but I thought that was not a good promo.

Look, I love what Pantheon will be and I've been following since before VR and Pantheon started officially.  I love the game and plan on it being my new home.  

The live streams have been awesome and everything looks great, so far.

This video looked terrible.  From the opening scene - the water looked like just solid blue (which is *NOT* what the water looked like in the streams).  The voice-over was cringe-worthy.  The animations and battle scenes and everything looked terrible.  I was shocked at how poorly the game looked from this video (and I love this game).  I can't imagine what other less ardent supporters think.

I think this video made the game look really bad and did more harm than good.  I'm not being mean here - I'm being honest.   I think you should pull that video down and make a much better one.

This post was edited by fazool at July 17, 2017 5:40 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 17, 2017 5:07 PM PDT

Please keep in mind a few things, this was done 100% in-house and it is an intentional "cheesy-humorous" advertisement for San Diego ComicCon 2017 that we decided to share with everyone, it is clearly labelled "pre-Alpha" (closed development pre-alpha) to show off progress and get some eyes on our development, nothing more!

We even have bus wraps with QR codes that came out great.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at July 17, 2017 5:08 PM PDT
    • 483 posts
    July 17, 2017 5:12 PM PDT

I liked the video and the message it conveys, "you're gonna have a hard time if you are playing alone!", the music was great, the narrator reminded me of old movie trailer not too serious but still proffesional I quite enjoyed that (even if it was a bit cheesy) some nice envoriments where shown, the sky box looks amazing and the overall "story" of the video was cool!

But some of the video edditing felt awkard, some scene transitions where too sudden and felt wrong to me, some of the outdoor shots felt bland in terms of lighting effects (might just the the time of day it was shot), the close up shots of the bosses had poor resolution and made them look to pixelated, and there was some droped frames in the video.

Overall, it's a nice light hearted video that hints at what the game will be like, a group game, but I reckon some better edditing and some carefully picked better looking clips would have made it that much better. Still love it though!

This post was edited by jpedrote at July 17, 2017 5:13 PM PDT
    • 643 posts
    July 17, 2017 5:41 PM PDT

The bus stop placards are awesome.  The social media work is awesome.  The streams are awesome.  I love how actively you guys are advertising this.

The video (IMO) simply wasn't even in the same class.

• 77 posts
    July 17, 2017 6:16 PM PDT

fazool said:

The bus stop placards are awesome.  The social media work is awesome.  The streams are awesome.  I love how actively you guys are advertising this.

The video (IMO) simply wasn't even in the same class.

I concur with Fazool, the placards on the bus stop look badass, though I think the video doesn't do the game justice. I've left a comment on the Youtube video with more detail in regard to this.