Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Some Random Screenshot Goodness!

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2017 3:58 AM PDT

Here are some more random screenshots for your viewing pleasure, Enjoy! #PRF #Communitymatters

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, outdoor and nature

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at July 13, 2017 3:59 AM PDT
    • 624 posts
    July 13, 2017 4:23 AM PDT

Love them all, but the torch-cast shadows in the first shot add ominous dimension / depth - that lobster claw hand shadow on the right could defend The Lady King Amenthiel all by itself, while the guard takes a lunch break!

A hearty Thursday thanks, Dream Crusher, these teasers are greatly appreciated.

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2017 4:51 AM PDT

Kumu said:

Love them all, but the torch-cast shadows in the first shot add ominous dimension / depth - that lobster claw hand shadow on the right could defend The Lady King Amenthiel all by itself, while the guard takes a lunch break!

A hearty Thursday thanks, Dream Crusher, these teasers are greatly appreciated.

Hahaha, it is a beast of a claw grip, isn't it! You're very welcome my friend, I am glad you enjoy them :)

• 24 posts
    July 13, 2017 4:51 AM PDT

Erm, what's up with that torch the guard is holding? Magic? Belt torch? Floating torch? It's not in his hand.

But i love the screenshots. :) thanks

• 261 posts
    July 13, 2017 5:21 AM PDT

Tharca said:

Erm, what's up with that torch the guard is holding? Magic? Belt torch? Floating torch? It's not in his hand.

Looks like it is stuck on his plate. Keeps his hands free to fight and burn people with the torch on his hip.

Could make the plate get a bit warm.

Love the open plan office in the 2nd shot. Could get a bit drafty.

Still very nice screenshots

This post was edited by Boulda at July 13, 2017 5:23 AM PDT
    • 112 posts
    July 13, 2017 5:28 AM PDT

Thanks for the screenshots.  Exciting to see the evolution and continued improvement in bringing the world to life. 

• 40 posts
    July 13, 2017 5:58 AM PDT

Thanks for these, I am loving the details on the stone work in last shot.

• 125 posts
    July 13, 2017 7:34 AM PDT

Great to see the shadow work. I also love the detail in the 3rd shot.

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2017 7:47 AM PDT

Tharca said:

But i love the screenshots. :) thanks

Just picture in your mind the guard twirling the torch and then throwing it up and catching it just as someone snapped a screenshot. :P

This is actually an older screenshot that I took a few months ago, I just liked the lighting and the shadows but this has been fixed long ago, I just posted it for a giggle :)

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2017 7:47 AM PDT

You're very welcome folks, I am glad you enjoy them as much as I enjoy taking them for you! :)

• 267 posts
    July 13, 2017 8:11 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

You're very welcome folks, I am glad you enjoy them as much as I enjoy taking them for you! :)

Got a special request for you.. can you get me a nice Picture of each of the developers characters? I think it would be cool to have a nice clear picture of each of your in-game testing characters as it will speak loads to the level of effort and design being put into the character models as well as speak to the character the devs themselves choose to make. (Also, for your character can you get me a picture of you dead after you died to something ? lol ) 

• 48 posts
    July 13, 2017 8:26 AM PDT

As normal really love how the game is always looking better and better keep it up.

Odd thing cropped up on Crhome browser. It wouldnt let me reply to the thread unless I selected "quote". Outside of that It wouldnt let me click to type in the body.

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2017 8:54 AM PDT

Keldaria said:

Kilsin said:

Got a special request for you.. can you get me a nice Picture of each of the developers characters? I think it would be cool to have a nice clear picture of each of your in-game testing characters as it will speak loads to the level of effort and design being put into the character models as well as speak to the character the devs themselves choose to make. (Also, for your character can you get me a picture of you dead after you died to something ? lol ) 

That is certainly something I can do a bit further down the track my friend but right now it is a bit harder since we all use mixed character models/classes depending on what we are doing or testing, plus not all of them have been implemented or revealed publically but once they are, I would be happy to catch up with all of the devs and grab some screenshots of their characters for you guys :)

The living and dead ones of me are probably already out there somewhere haha, but I am happy to take more! Once the new shaders and lighting is finished they will look ever better too which is something to look forward too :D

• 633 posts
    July 13, 2017 9:00 AM PDT

I feel like the guard's shadow is about to grab his neck and strangle him...

• 267 posts
    July 13, 2017 9:03 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Keldaria said:

Kilsin said:

That is certainly something I can do a bit further down the track my friend but right now it is a bit harder since we all use mixed character models/classes depending on what we are doing or testing, plus not all of them have been implemented or revealed publically but once they are, I would be happy to catch up with all of the devs and grab some screenshots of their characters for you guys :)

The living and dead ones of me are probably already out there somewhere haha, but I am happy to take more! Once the new shaders and lighting is finished they will look ever better too which is something to look forward too :D

As always, whatever you can provide, whenever you can provide it is more than sufficient and appreciated =)

• 189 posts
    July 13, 2017 11:08 AM PDT

That torch is definitely floating.

It's really cool to see the NPC's for thronefast though. I was always curious what kind of armor the guards may be wearing. I hope each races city has some pretty sick guard armor for them to wear. Those are some of my favorites. Wander around to each city and examine every detail of the armor and how it relates to the lore and the race itself.

Beautiful work being done here. Can't wait to see more!

• 523 posts
    July 13, 2017 11:45 AM PDT

Interesting shots.  Definitely looking forward to new zones and mobs.  Feel like we've been rehashing the same three or four zones in screenshots for awhile now.  

• 319 posts
    July 13, 2017 12:45 PM PDT

awesome screenshots. I have been drooling over these screenshots so much I think my keyboard will work underwater now.

• 35 posts
    July 13, 2017 2:03 PM PDT
    Looking good. Keep up the good work!
    • 133 posts
    July 13, 2017 2:54 PM PDT

That first screen shot.... has such a Dark Souls feel to it. Love the absolute hell out of it. As always Kilsin, amazing 'photography' skills good sir!

• 294 posts
    July 13, 2017 3:16 PM PDT

Awesome !!!

Love the shadow in the first pic, the detail of the lamp post in the second, and the stone floor in the third.

Thanks for sharing.

• 208 posts
    July 13, 2017 4:31 PM PDT

The guard is just playing/practicing flaming hackeesack(sp) is all.  of course it does make for an interesting range item when he kicks it at an opponent

Edited for spelling and I know that is not how you spell the game but I can't find the correct spelling :P

This post was edited by Sogotp at July 13, 2017 4:32 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    July 14, 2017 2:59 AM PDT

Graphical glitches aside, that guard is sweet. A relieving sight for someone who is running for their life, bringing a train of mobs back to the guards. Although that guard isn't carrying a weapon. He must have a nasty left hook lol.

Oddly enough, I also can't wait to watch helplessly as a high level Dire Lord slaughters guards before my eyes lol.

• 363 posts
    July 14, 2017 12:39 PM PDT

Maybe it's not a torch? Maybe the guard is so tough, he has a flaming codpiece?

• 454 posts
    July 14, 2017 6:47 PM PDT

I may make and level a Paladin, just so I can wear plate armor!  I love the way the torch light reflects off of the armor.  Good stuff!