Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Is this how it's suppose to look?

• 189 posts
    July 3, 2017 9:10 AM PDT

Off-topic because the video is related to a team creating a different game. But I was just curious if this was how Visionary Realms looks? Like if they have some cool studio and a lot of white boards with drawings of horses on it... I would just love to see or know what it looks like behind the scenes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-baoW2-B-A

• 2752 posts
    July 3, 2017 10:21 AM PDT

I believe a lot/most of them work remote so I can't imagine it looks quite like that...but it actually makes me all the more curious what they DO have at HQ. 

• 189 posts
    July 3, 2017 12:08 PM PDT

Yea that's what I thought. But I would still like to see their HQ. Like even if everyone doesnt quite work there. lol. They gotta eventually have something cool like that

• 2886 posts
    July 3, 2017 12:31 PM PDT

"The office of Visionary Realms is what you’d expect from an indie computer game company. The walls are covered in paintings of dragons and enchanted forests, along with framed front-page articles from old gaming magazines. Tabletops are littered with laptops, action figures and little plates of M&Ms."

See http://sdbj.com/news/2017/may/04/developer-returns-challenge-big-game/

This post was edited by Bazgrim at July 3, 2017 12:31 PM PDT
    • 189 posts
    July 3, 2017 4:28 PM PDT

Not as cool as seeing a video tour of it. But still good to know they have an office of sorts. lol

• 9115 posts
    July 3, 2017 6:09 PM PDT

We rent a small office space in San Diego that a few of the directors use for meetings but the majority of us work remotely from around the world, including countries like Australia, Canada, New Zealand, England and France just to name a few :)

When we secure series B funding I am sure we will upgrade our office to a glorious guild hall with its very own Dragon head mounted on a wall and numerous suits or armour and weapons decorating the halls! :D

• 189 posts
    July 3, 2017 11:20 PM PDT

That would look pretty epic... Can't wait!

• 578 posts
    July 4, 2017 8:44 PM PDT

You should check out Blizzard and some of the other big BIG dev studios. Blizzard has an office that's the size of a small city. They have a theater, gym, cafeteria, etc. Amazing stuff and a great career to have indeed.