Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What kind of gamer are you?

• 1714 posts
    July 10, 2017 9:31 AM PDT

I'm a recovering power gamer. I am a forced by real life to be more casual but still with strong min max tendencies gamer. 

• 13 posts
    July 11, 2017 5:40 PM PDT
    I'm a guy who has always played video games and bought a Star Wars game one day because the box looked cool. Turns out that was an MMO and I had no idea what an MMO was. Imagine my surprise when I "logged on" and realized it was all online (someone in the game had to explain what an MMO was to me). Here I am 14 years and many games later as a former player who would commit way more time than I'd care to remember in the game world.

Looking forward to finding that immersion again.
    • 281 posts
    July 15, 2017 4:05 PM PDT

I'm the kind of MMO gamer that makes a Monk in EQ one and plays that one character for nearly 14years.  I start learning to Feign Death explore any dungeon and Feign Death pull even when it was considered an exploit to do so.  (I personally never saw a dev communication of that but I got all sorts of nasty tells exclaiming how I was cheating.)  Later, after becoming fairly good in that role, I noticed that even though I could take a beating as well as any tank, I didn't have a taunt.  So, I actively worked to get myself agro generation gear and when all the tanks died on a Quarm raid, I put it on and tanked him till he died.  I left that guild shortly after as every tank was pissed at me.  But that lead to my joining Eci public raiding which I did for the rest of my time in EQ.

Basically, I'm like John Lock from Lost.  Don't tell me what I can't do.  If I wanted to do it already and I get told I can't or there is some min/max reason that I can't, I'll make it my gaming mission to do it, and be better at it than those that thought it couldn't/shouldn't be done.

Often, that means I have some gaming elitist sending me tells about how I don't know how to play the game.  Since that usually means that I don't min/max when they want me to (not that I can't when I want to), they are probably right.

But, hey, if you want a Monk that can single pull the entire zone and then tank the mob once in camp, you'll probably be happy to have me in the group.  And I probably won't even take up a share of the gold because, out of habit, I'm still watching my coin weight.

This post was edited by DragonFist at July 15, 2017 4:08 PM PDT
    • 902 posts
    July 17, 2017 6:27 AM PDT

Im a ranger that loves exploring (the more out of the way the better), crafting (my own equipment), scouting and hunting; always with good friends having a good time and enjoying the world.

• 36 posts
    July 17, 2017 7:43 AM PDT

Old school gamer, needs to have hard challenges in raid and group to have fun in games. I also like little minigames like Tradeskilling or stuff like Diplo in VG.

• 521 posts
    July 19, 2017 4:43 PM PDT

I’m an old school gamer that started in the 70’s on the Atari 2600, first enjoyed RPG games with Phantasie 3 at a Friends house, and dominated the Arcades where I learned to savor the sweet victory of watching your opponent's agony, face to face.

• 542 posts
    July 19, 2017 6:15 PM PDT

In the 90's I often sat with my sister or streetfriends behind the pc. Playing adventure and RPG
    There also was Carmageddon. Piledriving pedestrians and imagining it were one of the crazy teachers or rotten children at school we couldn't get away from in daily life.
    Often going *OOooOOOOh OO* all together to this Trooper song by Iron Maiden ,as the blood splashed everywhere

Ex Virtual murderer

let me rephrase that

Cooperative player/soon-to-be crazy harmonizing bard !

• 94 posts
    July 20, 2017 7:48 PM PDT

Casual gamer who likes to craft and kill equally. I want to get immersed in the game, not just be a group of pixels within it. I like to get lost in the game figuratively not literally. I want the game to be good enuf that I am actually afraid to die. I want that kind of immersion. If Pantheon can accomplish that for ME then I will be happy.

• 44 posts
    July 21, 2017 5:17 PM PDT
    Life long healer and raid enthusiast with murderous tendencies.
    • 1404 posts
    July 22, 2017 9:35 AM PDT

A leasure explorer, in no hurry to get anywhere, yet with a desire to see everything.

This post was edited by Zorkon at July 22, 2017 9:36 AM PDT