Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What kind of gamer are you?

• 643 posts
    July 3, 2017 11:00 AM PDT

I live in the virtual world.

• 264 posts
    July 3, 2017 12:30 PM PDT

Very difficult for me to describe the type of gamer I am in one sentence. More than anything else though I would describe myself as a retro gamer and RPG fanatic.

• 108 posts
    July 3, 2017 12:43 PM PDT

EKA (Explorer, Killer, Achiever). I love to explore and find things...I get my guild into a lot of trouble with what i find!

Most the newer mmos just do not have those hidden locations with quests always pointing folks in the right direction. I do not like to be spoon fed information...i like to find it!

I love pvp if the game is built with pvp in mind when its tacked on as an afterthought i usually pass.

• 2138 posts
    July 3, 2017 1:24 PM PDT

I play at my own pace which means casual initially but trending to bigger things, always setting the bar a little- not too much!- forward.

• 1303 posts
    July 3, 2017 1:27 PM PDT

I'm a loner, explorer and achiever, realizing full well that being a loner limits my achievements but finding great joy in seeing what I can pull off with the limited time my full life allows me to commit to MMOs. 

• 166 posts
    July 3, 2017 1:31 PM PDT
    I'm a gamer with a lot of different interests, where to have fun is the main goal, but at the moment I'm a waiting gamer, waiting for my next game to be playable.
    • 189 posts
    July 3, 2017 2:47 PM PDT
    Addict
    • 429 posts
    July 3, 2017 3:03 PM PDT

Paper and pen , BBS , MMORG very old school old timer .. hmm lots of olds in there lol

• 294 posts
    July 3, 2017 5:56 PM PDT

I'm a gamer junkie! 

I've played waaaay too many games and spent just enough of my life doing so now to realize that this is all a colossal waste of time. 

Can't wait for release... hehehe... 

I'm an explorer at heart. Love a fun group. Playing with friends is always a good time. Bring it on Pantheon. There is still one Dwarf here that still draws breath.

This post was edited by Klumpedge at July 3, 2017 5:57 PM PDT
    • 279 posts
    July 3, 2017 7:46 PM PDT
    IDK I never really thought of myself as a gamer.

Pen and Paper firstly I guess. Or I'd have never played MMO's.
    • 168 posts
    July 3, 2017 7:46 PM PDT

I enjoy starting a story from the beginning and trudging my way through the content until the end; not much for the end-game though, I'd rather start it all over again.

This post was edited by Kargen at July 3, 2017 7:47 PM PDT
    • 416 posts
    July 3, 2017 8:30 PM PDT

Pen n paper brought me here, the friends I make will keep me here.

• 151 posts
    July 3, 2017 9:41 PM PDT
    MMO's. I like strategy and tactics, and character development. But I mostly solo because I’m very disappointed with players these days and their lack of courtesy, and the farmers. Worse than farmers are PUGs, some folks think everyone else in-game is just there for them, like friends that start a guild and invite others to have help to raid to development their own needs.
    • 409 posts
    July 4, 2017 12:36 AM PDT

deleted

This post was edited by Nimryl at August 23, 2017 7:43 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    July 4, 2017 2:28 AM PDT

I call myself a purebred gamer. There are several generations of gamers in my family before me and I grew up in an environment that was always surrounded with games of all types - online and offline. I didn't really have a choice. The competition, analytics, teamwork, etc... It's in my blood.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at July 4, 2017 2:29 AM PDT
    • 624 posts
    July 4, 2017 6:47 AM PDT

Enthusiastic exploring entertainer that lives to make my group look good, while looking good, i.e. => BARD.

• 65 posts
    July 4, 2017 7:29 AM PDT

Dedicated.

• 125 posts
    July 4, 2017 8:00 AM PDT

One who was introduced to MMORPGs at their very beginnings and who although loves the endgame and the highs that come with high end gaming has hopefully learned over the many years that the journey, friends made and lessons learned along the way are often times more important than the final goal achieved

This post was edited by Aatu at July 4, 2017 8:11 AM PDT
    • 190 posts
    July 4, 2017 5:08 PM PDT

Hm. I'm a "lore-fiend" roleplayer with mild altitis (and a touch of masochism), who enjoys things like access quests, harvesting, crafting, dungeon runs and the occasional raid.

• 2130 posts
    July 5, 2017 12:46 AM PDT

Appearance gear hunter.

• 151 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:51 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

If you just met someone new and they asked you "what kind of gamer are you?", how would you describe yourself to them in one sentence? #PRF

I love boardgames, but will play computer games (especially MMOs) because they are sometimes more convenient.

• 9115 posts
    July 5, 2017 6:32 AM PDT

Liav said:

Appearance gear hunter.

Lol, more like professional trouble maker with an answer like that! ;)

• 3237 posts
    July 5, 2017 8:10 AM PDT

Of all the games I have ever played, EQOA (and WoW, surprisingly) had the best "appearance gear" system.  EQ2 had "appearance gear" slots but the appearance gear itself just wasn't quite there.  EQOA on the other hand had some really awesome pieces that really stood out.  WoW had their transmog system and tons and tons of gear sets with different looks ... I remember my wife spending a small fortune in that game to get the right look for her paladin and hunter.  I don't really remember caring too much ... I had a max level warrior/rogue/priest but can't seem to recall a single piece of gear that I just had to have for it's appearance.  RIP Rubicite from EQOA ... and let's hope we see items with similar values in Pantheon!  When I read Liav's response it brought back good memories ... when "hunting" for appearance gear was actually a thing ... waaaaaay before "purchasing" it became the norm.

• 62 posts
    July 10, 2017 9:18 AM PDT

A casual gamer and slacker.

• 2130 posts
    July 10, 2017 9:20 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Liav said:

Appearance gear hunter.

Lol, more like professional trouble maker with an answer like that! ;)

Oh, I'm dead serious. :D

I will never forget you, my dozen 40 slot bags of appearance armor and weapons in EQ2.