Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What kind of gamer are you?

• 9115 posts
    July 3, 2017 3:55 AM PDT

If you just met someone new and they asked you "what kind of gamer are you?", how would you describe yourself to them in one sentence? #PRF

• 33 posts
    July 3, 2017 4:35 AM PDT

I'm a lifer who was introduced to video games in 1977 and loves to play cooperative MMORPGs since the early 1990s; with some voluntary PvP at times.

• 37 posts
    July 3, 2017 5:09 AM PDT

Old. Oh! One sentence!

I'm an RPG/MMO questaholic who loves to fill in the entire map, group with nice people, dungeon with first timers, solve puzzles and follow the raid leader while enveloping everyone in healing rainbows...unless I'm a ninja.

One sentence, but too long for Twitter ;D

• 9115 posts
    July 3, 2017 5:21 AM PDT

Nolry said:

I'm a lifer who was introduced to video games in 1977 and loves to play cooperative MMORPGs since the early 1990s; with some voluntary PvP at times.

Nice description, same year I was born 1977! :)

• 9115 posts
    July 3, 2017 5:21 AM PDT

ariesel said:

Old. Oh! One sentence!

I'm an RPG/MMO questaholic who loves to fill in the entire map, group with nice people, dungeon with first timers, solve puzzles and follow the raid leader while enveloping everyone in healing rainbows...unless I'm a ninja.

One sentence, but too long for Twitter ;D

Haha, great reply, I love it :)

• 1 posts
    July 3, 2017 5:44 AM PDT

Lore-obsessed explorer, healer with a warhammer, curious and kind, an alternate me who always carries a pair of Dwarven Work boots in his pack.

• 278 posts
    July 3, 2017 5:51 AM PDT

This is tricky...

Ok im going to confess I spend a sad huge amount of my time on games(not explainin why tho) i log around 40-60h a week some times more. In this time i try to be friendly gamer dont like pvp or community broken games (tho i still play Division) and as above like to groupe and as i rarely enforce my own needs i get behind for helping others wich i dont mind. Like a decent pace ingame and love exploring but try to avoid puzzles, and sometimes i do stuff wrong not at wipe level but not 100% effectiv, as i read/listen to chat and get drawn into it... and as this community is awsome i guess this will get me to quit work live on nudels and play Pantheon 24/7 until i get force commited to the "luniebinn":) play fps and rpgmmo and single games like Mass Effect, Dishonored and that kind of games.

• 633 posts
    July 3, 2017 5:53 AM PDT

I kill things, usually starting with the rats...

• 44 posts
    July 3, 2017 6:22 AM PDT

I'm the best, around, no ones ever gonna bring me down

This post was edited by silenthill27 at July 3, 2017 6:22 AM PDT
    • 3237 posts
    July 3, 2017 6:23 AM PDT

I would tell them to check out "Sucker for Pain" by Imagine Dragons.

• 454 posts
    July 3, 2017 7:03 AM PDT

Archai, Shaman, explorer, friend to wolves and fellow travelers, looter of castles, kings, and false gods, my spells and staff will drink the blood of those who dare stand against me and my companions.

• 363 posts
    July 3, 2017 7:20 AM PDT

I am a gamer who started out on the Atari 1200XL and has been hooked ever since; however, it was my love of Tolkien and AD&D that convinced me to try Everquest1 and that, inevitably, led me to Pantheon.

• 3852 posts
    July 3, 2017 7:25 AM PDT

Definitely on the older side - played roleplaying games since the original dungeons and dragons (before it was renamed "Advanced") and computer games since the first Apple II.

Even more definitely in a small minority here - I spend a large percentage of my time soloing so I can take things at my own pace (other than group-only content, of course). 

But, having played MUDs, MMOs and things in between (Hellgate London) for many many years, an old school. slow and immersive MMO as Pantheon gives hope of being attracted me enough for a pledge even if I don't share the pervasive fixation on grouping. I can craft, explore, be active in a guild and generally take advantage of the game even if I group less than half the time.

This post was edited by dorotea at July 3, 2017 7:25 AM PDT
    • 1778 posts
    July 3, 2017 7:25 AM PDT

That Bard that leads all his friends to death.................... 

That Bard that goes on epic adventures with mighty companions in search of great wealth and hidden knowledge!

• 189 posts
    July 3, 2017 7:29 AM PDT

Variety gamer with the love of feeling accomplishment: Ranking up in Overwatch, killing a raid boss I've been fighting for a while, healing through a massive pull that wasn't suppose to happen and feeling like the best healer in the world, being one of the reasons your group is so successful on your adventures - you get the idea.

• 9115 posts
    July 3, 2017 7:35 AM PDT

I am loving the varied replies, it goes to show how different we all are yet we can still all come together to play MMORPGs, as they offer something for nearly everyone! :)

• 1468 posts
    July 3, 2017 8:21 AM PDT

MMO and strategy gamer that enjoys community more than anything else. In fact the whole community thing is a bit of a problem for me as I spend so long chatting in Discord / forums / IRC that I forget to play the bloody game.

• 52 posts
    July 3, 2017 8:33 AM PDT

Avid gamer who plays a lot of genres from Rainbow Six and FPS to MMORPGs and Everquest, but mainly games are my way of relaxing and doing things I can't do IRL through great story telling, immersive graphics, and meeting people from across the world.

• 40 posts
    July 3, 2017 8:37 AM PDT

I am a hardcore PvP gamer that loves to use strategy, patience, and cunning to defeat any and all opponents.   

• 338 posts
    July 3, 2017 8:48 AM PDT

< Salty old gamer, puffing on a hookah... contemplating life, the universe, and everything...

Kiz~

• 801 posts
    July 3, 2017 9:08 AM PDT

I am a very old school gamer, that loves to mix it up PVP, PVE, and most of all Higher end raiding content. I also love to Solo, box, group etc... I am no longer a massive 24/7 raider but i still tend to put in the hours now and then.

Kilsin is my Younger sisters age. born in 1977 too. She is what 40?

• 248 posts
    July 3, 2017 9:22 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

If you just met someone new and they asked you "what kind of gamer are you?", how would you describe yourself to them in one sentence? #PRF

I'm the kind of gamer that don't care how big the pull is - live or die - it's all good fun!

-sorte.

• 319 posts
    July 3, 2017 9:32 AM PDT

I am a casual gamer who likes exploring and crafting also.

• 2752 posts
    July 3, 2017 9:49 AM PDT

An all-round gaming enthusiast of most genres.

• 95 posts
    July 3, 2017 9:59 AM PDT
    Sucker for punishment!