Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Stage 2 ViP Contest

This topic has been closed.
    • 263 posts
    July 3, 2017 2:59 AM PDT

Hello everyone, 

Voting for Stage 1 is through and we have the results for your alternative categories and they are as follows: 

Ohanko - 1 - Weapon Design

lutorin - 2 - A map of Terminus

adirastc - 1 - Cheesy Music Video

leksur - 1 - Recruitment poster

elexiel - 1 - Cosplay/Makeup

fancy - 1 -  Create something from the storyline of one of the races (scenes, buildings, characters, etc) 

NoobieDoo - 2 - a completely fleshed out game mechanic/system/feature that could be used inside of Pantheon. Has to fit the lore and has to be fully detailed. If you all decide on this you can also add in your own rules for me to follow. 

This stage is from 3rd July - 16th July 11:59pm PST/PDT!

Again post your Entry in here with a link just like in stage 1. 

We wish you all good luck and have fun! 

This post was edited by Yarnila at July 3, 2017 3:00 AM PDT
    • 26 posts
    July 11, 2017 10:41 PM PDT

Serpent’s Bite – A dagger that delivers a dose of venom with every strike.  

Winter Bear – Mace and shield set imbued with the element of ice.

This post was edited by Ohanko at July 16, 2017 2:35 AM PDT
    • 4 posts
    July 16, 2017 8:18 AM PDT

Couldn't decide on a poster for a specific race or for the game in general, so did both.PantheonSkarOgreHumanHalfling

ArchaiDwarfElfGnomeDark Myr

• 189 posts
    July 16, 2017 11:11 AM PDT

It was really hard to choose, but I picked a scene with The Laughing Wraith Molsth and Lyone in the Halfings' story.

Lyone uses a disguise (the way Molsth did) to confront the wraith, and he mistakes her for a harmless and misguided child. She tricks Molsth with an unsolvable riddle to give back their physical maturity and also requested the kings laugh.

I gave Molsth just a wicked scary grin to represent is other name The Laughing Wraith. He is also a king so I just threw together what I thought would look like a crown suited for a wraith. I kinda pictured the underworld in green. So the crystals on his crown (mostly just for extra flair for the crown) are green, as well as, the background. And then I wanted Lyone in there confronting the wraith. My original thought process was just the wraith himself, but I kind of wanted a scene to be made to show part of the story I was seeing in my head. So I gave Lyone some braided pigtail buns to kinda represent the "helpless, misguided child" part. And of course she's tiny compared to him to also help show how small and childlike she is.

And the black tendrils are just to make him look all the more evil >:)

I still haven't figured out how to upload pictures. I keep getting errors, so I just posted a link with the name Molsth up top.

• 42 posts
    July 16, 2017 1:24 PM PDT

A handmade map of Terminus based on existing lore . I also added a view of how the planet looks like from space based on the previous map .

A pity that there is not a zoom function but if you want to see the details, you can download the picture .

This post was edited by lutorin at July 16, 2017 1:28 PM PDT
    • 17 posts
    July 16, 2017 6:04 PM PDT

Hi everyone,

You can view my album here. For my entry, I did a cosplay / makeup look for every single race in Pantheon. Then, I created a poster to showcase all of them together. I also uploaded individual photos so you can see them up-close.

It's me in every single picture so I hope you enjoy it or even get a few laughs out of it :).

This post was edited by elexiel at July 16, 2017 6:04 PM PDT
    • 10 posts
    July 16, 2017 6:37 PM PDT

It is so great to see all these fantastic entries!   Here's my little ol' cheesy video.   A great big thanks to my family for helping me, we had a blast putting it together and they were very patient with me! :D

Pantheon Family

• 578 posts
    July 16, 2017 11:56 PM PDT

Group Crafting

Pantheon’s call to the next step in crafting

Contents

1. Introduction

2. Solo Crafting:

• Architects & Engineers

3. Group Crafting

• Foreman

• Laborer

4. World Projects

Introduction

This design doc will detail how group crafting will unfold in Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and how all of its parts will work. On top of this it will also detail what world projects are and/or could be and what the first project will entail. This doc will focus more on the group crafting aspect but will also detail some areas of the solo crafting sphere as well as the first World Project.

Solo Crafting

The crafting system the Pantheon devs design will function properly within this Group Crafting format. But to keep uniformity within this document I will be using a specific naming convention for my tradeskills. I like the tradeskills found in Vanguard: Sage of Heroes because they break down real nice within this system. The format used here are tradeskills followed by two specializations. The solo tradeskills are as follows:

• Artificing:

• Carpenter

• Mineralogist

• Blacksmithing:

• Weaponsmith

• Armorsmith

• Outfitter:

• Tailor

• Leatherworker

GROUP RELATED SOLO TRADESKILLS

• Scholar:

• Architect

• Engineer

• Foreman

• Laborer

Solo crafting players can level any of the non group related tradeskills to level 30. Once they reach level 30 they can choose to specialize in one of the two specializations or pursue a new tradeskill. A single player can max out all 3 main tradeskills but can only choose ONE specialization.

Specializing in a specific tradeskill brings a few rewars and features to the player. One reward is the abiliity to upgrade soul bound items. Depending on the specialization chosen, for example Weaponsmith, the player will be able to upgrade/enhance any of their weapons with bonuses and/or upgrades. On top of this a player who specializes in either Artificing or Blacksmithing can become an Architect or Engineer respectively. Group crafting requires at least one Architect or Engineer in group to work on projects so this is the 2nd unique feature to tradeskill specializations.

Architects and Engineers are called Masteries. To become an Architect/Engineer a player must:

1. Reach level 50 in either Artificing or Blacksmithing

2. Choose a specialization and reach level 30 in it

3. Travel to one of the main cities and talk with a scholar to begin their architecture or engineering fields

NOTES:

Players who like to learn the lore of the world or who like to listen to the different stories found within their games will enjoy pursuing either architecture or engineering because the players will have to perform many tasks that require them to learn the history and arts of each race.

Architects & Engineers

A group requires an architect or engineer to design their structures and print them out for them. Architects design buildings while Engineers design mechanical structures such as ships and boats or possibly even catapults or ballistas. These Masteries make use of the perception system to study the art and history or each race. They have to learn the different styles of architecture or the different design styles found around all of Terminus. In Pantheon Architects and Engineers are interchangeable. They both function the same way and the requirements to becoming both are the same. The key difference between the two are Architects design ‘blueprints’ for buildings and Engineers design ‘diagrams’ for mechanical structures.

The path to becoming an Architect/Engineer and leveling to max

Upon reaching level 30 in a specialization a player can then pursue their Mastery. They must first travel to any racial city of their choice. There is no order to follow while leveling as an Architect/Engineer. Once they arive at the city of their choice they must search out one of the cities History Scholars. With the perception skill the player will receive tasks by the scholar to seek out knowledge of their race’s history, architecture/mechanical designs found within the city as well as historical texts, and different styles of art and design. Each city will provide the player with a handful of tasks in order to learn that race’s history.. These tasks can range from the mundane to very complex requests. The player may be asked to seek out different books or tomes of knowledge to sitting in the middle of a local field and observing everything they see/hear/sense to simply just strolling around town to observe its architecture and design. The player will also be asked to ‘craft’ blueprints/diagrams throughout each city as a means to practice each race’s style and to gain experience performing the task.

Architects & Engineers:

Function and abilities

HOW THEY FUNCTION

1. The player chooses which blueprint/diagram they wish to create. (blueprints/diagrams are simply another word for recipe) ie. Player chooses the blueprint: Skar Cathedral

2. On screen the player selects the specific blueprint/diagram such as; cathedral, player house, guild hall, catapult, boat, etc. Then they must have the materials which are common items such as parchment paper and writing utensils. Then the player chooses two picture references to choose the particular style such as the racial background as well as the individual preference and a third reference which determines what materials will be required for the proposed project.

3. The player must have the correct reference materialsfor the style desired for the blueprint. In this case the party interested would like a Skar Cathedral so the player would have to have Skar references as well as Cathedral references.

4. Once the 3 references are selected the Architect selects the command ‘CREATE’ and the process begins. This process is a timed mechanic that depends on the complexity of the project and the Architects level to determine how long it will take to finish drawing the blueprint/diagram.

5. The finished project produces a blueprint/diagram which can be traded and/or used. Blueprints/diagrams are used in group crafting projects. They explain what structure is going to be created, what style, what materials are required to create the proposed project (how much wood, stone, etc), the minimum required crafters in group, and what types of tradeskills are required.

edit. I didn't know how to upload my file and ran out of time so I just copy/pasted. I am still going to finish typing out the rest of this because I didn't work on all of this for nothing just to give you half of what I got /sadface. I definitely didn't manage my time properly

Mod Edit: Unfortunately, due to missing the deadline for the competition, I have been asked to remove all of the additional information that was added after the deadline had been placed in effect to keep it fair for everyone.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at July 17, 2017 8:58 PM PDT