Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Moments you don't want to relive in Pantheon

• 278 posts
    June 30, 2017 8:39 AM PDT

What moments do you still remeber that you dont whant to relive in Pantheon ?

Me myself  do not whant another crazy jump stage as in Heritage Hat quest in EQ2 , we was forced to jump of a flight path and target a small floating isle in the sky to talk to a npc up to 3-4 times during quest line, and yes you died if you missed. Abit fun the first time but on char 3 you realy was just tired of it.

Edit

This was ment as a tread for game play moments you still remember and dont whant to relive, but i agree with most of your post's 

This post was edited by Grizzly at June 30, 2017 4:23 PM PDT
    • 2130 posts
    June 30, 2017 9:37 AM PDT

I don't want to relive MMOs I actually cared about getting shut down again, although it's inevitable on an indefinite timeline.

RIP EQOA and Vanguard.

• 105 posts
    June 30, 2017 1:36 PM PDT

I don't want to watch a game I love pander to a whinging vocal minority and change the game to satisfy their desires. I also don't want to see the game sacrifice it's identity for the sake of making more money...

• 74 posts
    June 30, 2017 1:52 PM PDT

Kipling said:

I don't want to watch a game I love pander to a whinging vocal minority and change the game to satisfy their desires. I also don't want to see the game sacrifice it's identity for the sake of making more money...

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• 323 posts
    June 30, 2017 1:55 PM PDT
    I don't want to see the game become corrupted by RMT, bots, and third party programs.
    • 14 posts
    June 30, 2017 4:08 PM PDT

I dont want to see the game come out with flying mounts, insta ports to zones. As soon as that happens the game becomes small and trivial and stops being a MASSIVE multiplayer online game.

• 40 posts
    June 30, 2017 4:09 PM PDT

I don't want the game to change from its core principles once the dollar signs of dumbing down the game for a larger audiance are flashed in front of the Developers eyes. This happens to like 99% of MMORPG's and they end up failing in the long term because of it. 

This post was edited by Zybane at June 30, 2017 4:09 PM PDT
    • 78 posts
    June 30, 2017 4:14 PM PDT

I don't want to see the game having a cash-shop, I don't want the game to yield and end up trivializing death penalty, adding insta-travels, making everything convenient because players are whining (and hence the beginning of the end for this game and we end up seeking out Emulators to replicant the original content...).

• 40 posts
    June 30, 2017 4:28 PM PDT

I don't want every character ending up floating around the world with "floating spells/items" like EQ1. Super silly stuff. 

• 168 posts
    June 30, 2017 5:14 PM PDT

I don't want to see visionary realms run by anyone except the devoted dev that helped create the game. I would rather love then lose than love then hate.

• 25 posts
    June 30, 2017 5:58 PM PDT

Edit: I don't know how to read titles.

I don't want to feel like I'd rather be soloing or duoing. I want to feel like a group is the ideal platform to experience most of the games content.

I had another more serious topic originally but I think that might be a bit off topic

This post was edited by grux at June 30, 2017 6:10 PM PDT
    • 16 posts
    July 1, 2017 12:37 AM PDT

I really don't want to wait for super rare mobs to spawn for rare item drops, hours on end just to have someone ks it from under my nose (or the rng goddess of spitefulness not grant me the drop anyhow). Anyone remember EQ, Quillmane for example in South Karanas? Someone said they'd developed a hatred of unicorns and I completely understood why ;).

This post was edited by Wolftar at July 1, 2017 12:38 AM PDT
    • 160 posts
    July 1, 2017 4:21 AM PDT

I don't want to witness another stupid game come along and lure off most of my friends (hey, my friends can be stupid but I still love them), only to hear them whine 10 years later about how that new game "totally sucks now".

This post was edited by corpserunner at July 1, 2017 4:22 AM PDT
    • 63 posts
    July 1, 2017 4:43 AM PDT

What I would never want to see again is a "Call For Help" on HNMs.  For those that dont know what Call For Help (CFH) is, when fighting a monster in FFXI only the person/party/allienace who tagged it could attack it however you could CFH on it and allow anyone to attack it but it yielded no EXP and dropped no items until it got back to 100% HP and the CFH effect was removed.

When fighting EXP mobs trying to avoid a party wipe this wasn't such a big deal, friendly parties who were near by might save you if they were able but when fighting rare spawning open world mobs it was disasterous.  CFH on these mobs was only done when the alliance that claimed the mob knew they couldn't win and was mid-wipe or a wipe was inevitable and they would CFH to prevent other competeing parties in the zone claiming the monster at 10% HP after they wiped.  So instead they would CFH and teleport out (or die) and the monster would then run around the spawn area killing everybody because nobody wanted to kill it because it wasn't going to drop any loot until it got back to 100% HP.

Thankfully very few people did this , aliiances usually had the descency to just teleport out or flat out die trying to kill it but when it did it happen it was a massacre, not fun at all, a sure way to get everybody on the server to hate you.

• 338 posts
    July 1, 2017 6:07 AM PDT

The content added to Vanguard that was called The Shores Of Darkness was an attempt to keep players involved in the endgame by making a near endless grind.

Grind is never a good replacement for actual difficult content.

Thanks,

Kiz~

• 319 posts
    July 1, 2017 9:01 AM PDT

I wish not to see my name called out by a god and then instant death-like in the Planes in eq1.

I still have nightmares about the sudden death.

But mostly I do not want to see spammers selling gold all day long. maybe they can put in a filter that you can shut down the spammers?

This post was edited by Isaya at July 1, 2017 9:07 AM PDT
    • 190 posts
    July 1, 2017 4:08 PM PDT

I don't want to be on a roleplay server and see people running around with stupid, leet names without repercussions. Sirmixalot/Tonythetiger/Rotflwafflecopterstomp/Imabard/Healzforcash/Rangerpewpew go play on a non-RP server, please.  :-p

• 40 posts
    July 1, 2017 6:44 PM PDT

Isaya said:

I wish not to see my name called out by a god and then instant death-like in the Planes in eq1.

I still have nightmares about the sudden death.

I actually liked when Cazik Thule called your name randomly and you died hah. Definitely added some suspense, risk/lottery. Especially if he called ou the main tank or cleric etc. 

Speaking of gods/powerful foe's, please don't have npc's that SUMMON you into melee range! That was a super annoying aspect of EQ1. 

This post was edited by Zybane at July 1, 2017 6:46 PM PDT
    • 39 posts
    July 1, 2017 8:26 PM PDT

That moment when you login, having played the game it seems twice over, and realize that the game has nothing more for you to do that is exciting. Friends have gone and its almost like your playing as a habit instead of enjoyment. Inevitable? Probably... its a crappy feeling i would rather not see again. Happened in SWG, EQ1 EQ2 (twice)  Rift, Etc...

This post was edited by Roenyn at July 1, 2017 8:26 PM PDT
    • 801 posts
    July 3, 2017 2:46 AM PDT

Liav said:

I don't want to relive MMOs I actually cared about getting shut down again, although it's inevitable on an indefinite timeline.

RIP EQOA and Vanguard.

I have to totally agree with this one. Its rather hard if the devs want to move onto another game and selling the IP rights, might not always work. I have faith that things will not be the same, this time around. We do need many more publishers in NA though to save those games.

• 453 posts
    July 3, 2017 6:24 AM PDT

In EQ : Having an uber set of armor on a high level character and then going LD in Paineel only to come back and find out my character had fallen thru the top of The Hole and fallen to the bottom. Hours went by and no way to get my corpse until finally a necro summoned it for me. After than I made a necro and leveled it to max LOL. 

• 3237 posts
    July 3, 2017 6:31 AM PDT

DuxDux said:

What I would never want to see again is a "Call For Help" on HNMs.  For those that dont know what Call For Help (CFH) is, when fighting a monster in FFXI only the person/party/allienace who tagged it could attack it however you could CFH on it and allow anyone to attack it but it yielded no EXP and dropped no items until it got back to 100% HP and the CFH effect was removed.

When fighting EXP mobs trying to avoid a party wipe this wasn't such a big deal, friendly parties who were near by might save you if they were able but when fighting rare spawning open world mobs it was disasterous.  CFH on these mobs was only done when the alliance that claimed the mob knew they couldn't win and was mid-wipe or a wipe was inevitable and they would CFH to prevent other competeing parties in the zone claiming the monster at 10% HP after they wiped.  So instead they would CFH and teleport out (or die) and the monster would then run around the spawn area killing everybody because nobody wanted to kill it because it wasn't going to drop any loot until it got back to 100% HP.

Thankfully very few people did this , aliiances usually had the descency to just teleport out or flat out die trying to kill it but when it did it happen it was a massacre, not fun at all, a sure way to get everybody on the server to hate you.

So glad I never saw any of this during my FFXI tenure.  I did see it happen in EQ2 though and yeah ... it was super lame.  Even worse though, I saw a guild zerg an encounter with 50 players (can only fight with 24 max unless you call for help) just to prevent us from killing it.  If a mob is killed with a CFH tactic, it should respawn.  The guild who did that to us did it out of spite and apparently it was completely within the rules.  We just intensified our camping policy moving forward to ensure we always got first pull before any other squad could mobilize.

• 1778 posts
    July 3, 2017 7:29 AM PDT

I dont want to see a Star Wars like NGE extreme make over ever again.

• 368 posts
    July 3, 2017 8:00 AM PDT

Roenyn said:

That moment when you login, having played the game it seems twice over, and realize that the game has nothing more for you to do that is exciting. Friends have gone and its almost like your playing as a habit instead of enjoyment. Inevitable? Probably... its a crappy feeling i would rather not see again. Happened in SWG, EQ1 EQ2 (twice)  Rift, Etc...

I've narrowed it down to lack of content and meaningful gameplay experiences that turn it from a hobby into a chore. Stuff like the the 20-bear_ass-grind-a-thon for item_BIS_head_001, then onto item_BIS_head_002 and so on etc until I am at item_BIS_head_999 for all gear slots, only to see 999 turn into 1500 with the next expansion.

This post was edited by arazons at July 3, 2017 8:00 AM PDT
    • 801 posts
    July 3, 2017 9:12 AM PDT

I have to add, I do not want to see another "MAGE, NECRO" Nerf again ever. If you cant do the math, then dont even concider adding 20 years of expansions. It was bad enough when the necros, mages got nerfed, but you dont do it mid expansion... Opps got no more stats to add back, guess we will nerf you and suck it up attitude.