June 26, 2017 9:05 PM PDT

#winterishere

Who do you think it will be, if anyone?

• 2752 posts
    June 27, 2017 8:46 AM PDT

Sansa

• 189 posts
    June 28, 2017 3:09 PM PDT

Who the heck knows at this point. The characters are so focused on themselves and that iron throne they don't even pay attention to the life ending war thats about to be started. White Walkers are gonna try to take over. While each house fights for human life, each houses king/queen could get wiped out until only a few are left. And at that point it's pure defeat anyways. No need to go to war with whom ever is left, or there will be no one left to start up the world again!

I try not to give any spoilers. I think I did that successfully here. There are some names that come to mind, but at the same time it's hard to decide with the possiblity of what's going to happen between the living and the dead. I'm fricking excited though!

• 9115 posts
    June 28, 2017 10:21 PM PDT

I have no idea but I can't wait, I am so pumped for this GoT season! :D

• 1404 posts
    June 29, 2017 6:01 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

I have no idea but I can't wait, I am so pumped for this GoT season! :D

Is this the final season? I thought it was but another fan at work say not... there will be another. 

Can anybody confirm that?

Btw... my guess...dragons are going to melt the wall while killing the white walkers, this will flood all of Westeros and the Mermen (Varys) will rule.

http://winteriscoming.net/2017/02/11/fan-theory-corner-varys-is-a-merman/

This post was edited by Zorkon at June 29, 2017 6:02 PM PDT
    • 189 posts
    June 29, 2017 6:17 PM PDT

There are suppose to be two seasons, but they will be shorter than the original 10 episode seaons. I think theres a total of 13 episodes left. 6 for one season and 7 for another. That's what I read and heard from the directors/creators themselves in an interview.

They've left out a decent amount of stuff from the book though. So if they surprise us with mermaids ruling at the end, I will be much disappointed with that kind of ending. Catelyn Stark was suppose to come back to life after being found in a river. I think the same sun worshipper as the red witch lady would bring her back, but it was a dude. And she ends up killing some people on a road as revenge for what happened to her family. But they cut that out, which makes me think that some of the fan theories I've read won't actually be true theories for the actual TV series. Mostly because, as I mentioned, they've already left out some important parts that were part of the book. It wouldn't make too much sense to never mention such creatures all throughout the entire show until you see them ruling at the end.

I guess we will see though, there's still 2 more seasons! (Thank the new gods and the old!)

This post was edited by fancy at June 29, 2017 6:24 PM PDT
    • 578 posts
    June 29, 2017 9:56 PM PDT

Definitely not the last season. I think they are sold on only being 2 more seasons and I have also heard that this season could be 7 eps and the final season is 6 eps for a total of 13 more episodes. BUT I have also heard there could be 8 eps this season and 7 eps for the final season giving us a total of 15 more episodes. Another article around the airing of the 6th season read that they were aiming for about a total of 75 hours of total show time meaning 10 1 hour eps each season equals 10 hours per season giving us a total of 15 hours for the last 2 seasons BUT in that same article it also ended with the quote "let's just say 73 hours for now".

I feel like this post is probably far more confusing than it had to be and I apologize for all the math lol.

edit. OH, and as for who ends up on the throne I think it will be Snow and Daenerys together.

This post was edited by NoobieDoo at June 29, 2017 10:00 PM PDT
    • 159 posts
    June 30, 2017 12:34 AM PDT

Haven't read the books - don't find GRRM's style compelling - but the show is entertaining enough. That said, if I were calling the shots I'd put Jon Snow - a Targaryen bastard representing the honor and commitment to defending the people characteristic of the Starks- and his half-sister Daenerys - legitimate heiress to the throne and mother of dragons - on the Iron Throne. That would also restore the tradition of sitting brother and sister on the throne, which isn't specific to GoT as the Egyptians were said to practice it.

• 1404 posts
    June 30, 2017 7:52 AM PDT

daemonios said:

Haven't read the books - don't find GRRM's style compelling - but the show is entertaining enough. That said, if I were calling the shots I'd put Jon Snow - a Targaryen bastard representing the honor and commitment to defending the people characteristic of the Starks- and his half-sister Daenerys - legitimate heiress to the throne and mother of dragons - on the Iron Throne. That would also restore the tradition of sitting brother and sister on the throne, which isn't specific to GoT as the Egyptians were said to practice it.

She did leave the leader of the secound sons back at slavers bay so she would be free to marry if need be. 

BUT there is a theory about the vision she has when she is recovering her dragons from the warlock tower. This vision shows her going north of the wall where she is reunited with Khal Drogo and her unborn Son, both dead... does this vision predict she dies north of the wall?

• 189 posts
    June 30, 2017 12:43 PM PDT

I dont remember that vision. But that would be a good bit of foreshadowing going on there.

• 1404 posts
    June 30, 2017 1:54 PM PDT

fancy said:

I dont remember that vision. But that would be a good bit of foreshadowing going on there.

Daenergy in the house of the undieing

Notice also the condition of the throne room for the Iron Throne. .. is this just a dream, or a vision of what will come to past?

Edit: I just noticed something else while reaching the clip... while in the Throne room... she comes just short of touching the Throne...close, but no bananas..

Merlings I'm telling ya!!

This post was edited by Zorkon at June 30, 2017 2:37 PM PDT
    • 189 posts
    July 1, 2017 9:01 AM PDT

Still not convince with the mermaids/merlings and such. BUT, I do see it now. The vision basically shows her getting close, like you said, and its snowing and the throne room is a little bit in ruin (they will have to hire some people for roofing inspections). 

So maybe she does get close, but because she also walked out of the gate of the wall, which is like similar to the first scene of season 1 in GoTs, she will die fighting the White Walkers. Which is still good news, because they need her dragons for those evil creatures. I think even though she might not succeed in getting to the Throne, it won't be a horrible death with this vision in mind. Because she will be with her family, ya know? So while it sucks, its also kinda nice and happy to think about for her.

This just makes me all the more excited for this month's season. aksdjfajdf;kja;dflkj

• July 1, 2017 1:24 PM PDT

I gave up guessing on this show a few seasons back.. But I am READY for this season.  I have to rewatch the last because it's been so long I can't even remember what happened in the last episode..

• 189 posts
    July 2, 2017 8:20 AM PDT

Me too. I better get started... I only have 2 weeks!

• 453 posts
    July 3, 2017 6:29 AM PDT

Maybe with how RaisinBRAN can influence the past perhaps in the end he will figure out a way to sacrifice himself in a way that prevents Ned from even going to Kings Landing in the first place or pevents the White Walkers from ever being created and the show will end with Ned and everyone else alive and having a gay ole time in WinterFell....

• 2752 posts
    July 5, 2017 9:37 AM PDT

There is so much stuff in the books vs the show that I really have no idea where anything is going to end up going. If you don't already however, I highly recommend anyone who really enjoys Game of Thrones to check out the youtube channel "Alt Shift X". The breakdowns and information given are absolutely captivating; he goes through the show and the books to cover all kinds of topics and fan theories:

• 219 posts
    July 5, 2017 12:28 PM PDT

I stopped watching this after they killed Boromir. 

• 17 posts
    July 5, 2017 8:12 PM PDT

Pyde said:

I stopped watching this after they killed Boromir. 

Some fans believe in this pretty crazy conspiracy theory that Ned is still alive :P. They're speculating that perhaps he was switched with a Faceless man which explains why Sansa says it doesn't look like her father's face after the execution and why Catelyn says his bones look smaller. As for who will take the throne... no idea. Though I wouldn't be opposed to Jon Snow.

• 1404 posts
    July 16, 2017 6:24 PM PDT

Just under 3 hours to go.

And here's an interesting theory.... Jon Snow joins the white walkers and they take out Daenerys

What do the White Walker's want?

Edit: Correction... 9pm must have been on the right coast, apparently it's on a 6pm here on the left coast.

This post was edited by Zorkon at July 16, 2017 6:53 PM PDT
    • 2752 posts
    July 17, 2017 1:52 PM PDT

Zorkon said:

And here's an interesting theory.... Jon Snow joins the white walkers and they take out Daenerys

Edit: Correction... 9pm must have been on the right coast, apparently it's on a 6pm here on the left coast.

Pretty sure Jon Snow cannot join The Others, as he has been "kissed" by R'hllor and is already a wight of fire instead of ice. 

• 409 posts
    July 17, 2017 2:37 PM PDT

deleted

This post was edited by Nimryl at August 23, 2017 7:40 AM PDT
    • 1404 posts
    July 18, 2017 7:09 PM PDT

Iksar said:

Zorkon said:

Pretty sure Jon Snow cannot join The Others, as he has been "kissed" by R'hllor and is already a wight of fire instead of ice. 

True, but that doesn't mean he can't broker peace with them. Possably by offering them a sister for marriage as part of the deal.

Would blue eyes clash with Sansa's red hair?

• 28 posts
    July 18, 2017 11:15 PM PDT

Melt the bastard down, let each kingdom rule its own.

Of course, that opens the door for a new conqueror, but why must they have a single king to unite them all? There were seven individual kingdoms before the time of the Targarians, right?

This post was edited by VizualAbstract at July 18, 2017 11:16 PM PDT
    • 1404 posts
    August 5, 2017 12:31 PM PDT

No spoilers, just history of the realms leading up to the series.

Game of Thrones: Complete History Compilation 1

Game of Thrones: Complete History Compilation 2

Edit: Possible Spoilers below here, talking about the timeframe of the series.

Game of Thrones: Complete History Compilation 3 part 1

Game of Thrones: Complete History Compilation 3 part 2

This post was edited by Zorkon at August 5, 2017 12:54 PM PDT