Forums » The Humans

• 46 posts
    June 24, 2017 5:50 PM PDT

If humans are good why can they access Necromancy as well as the ShadowKnight (Dire Lord)?
    I know this may not be a popular opinion but coming from EverQuest and Vanguard I know that Necromancy and Dire Lords tend to be evil so why is it that humans, who are marked as good, have the ability to play innately evil classes?

• 35 posts
    June 24, 2017 5:54 PM PDT

Just like in real life, humans can be evil or good. 

• 12 posts
    June 24, 2017 6:20 PM PDT

Well, coming from EverQuest you should know that humans there can be necromancers and shadow knights. I'd say that humans in EverQuest are considered neutral but they can worship good and evil gods. I don't think I've seen anywhere that humans in Pantheon are considered good?

• 2250 posts
    June 24, 2017 6:52 PM PDT

Where does it say that Humans are "marked as good"? It's not really practical to put such a label on any of the races in Pantheon imo. They all have different cultural values. But moreso than any of the other races, Humans in Terminus lack any real overarching dogma. They have the most diverse society. It is comprised of many sects, ranging from "good" to "evil" and everything in between.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at June 24, 2017 6:53 PM PDT
    • 46 posts
    June 24, 2017 7:37 PM PDT

Well having read the lore the humans being good was honestly an educated guess. Once you read the lore of the Dark Myr, Ogres, and the Skar you can automatically assume that they are evil, plus if you study the map you see Reignfall has the capitals of all 3 of their cities marked on it. PLUS If you read the FAQ section of their website it says:

"4.6 Are races going to have specific factions at creation and will there be instances where an evil race character can’t run to a good city?

Yes. While there are some nuances to faction and alignment adjustment, evil races such as the Ogre, Skar, and Dark Myr will have a hard time getting close to good race cities. This is not set in stone, however, as you can adjust your faction and alignment through your actions in the game world."

(Link: https://pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/)

Also, If you note that Kingsreach is the "good" continent because in Elf lore it talks about Faerthale being the home of the elves, then Wild's End being the home of the Halflings who are written in a kind and warm light so you can assume they are good in nature.

PLUS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO3MuXT7GrU&t=9626s
    Around 44:00 you hear Brad talk about Thronefast being the starting area for low-level humans being on the content of Kingsreach.
    The Map supports the geographical layout of the Good vs. Evil

Now this leaves Gnomes, Archai and Dwarves out. Which would be all the Neutral races.

This post was edited by Nanethiel at June 24, 2017 7:43 PM PDT
    • 740 posts
    June 24, 2017 8:37 PM PDT

Nanethiel said:

Well having read the lore the humans being good was honestly an educated guess. Once you read the lore of the Dark Myr, Ogres, and the Skar you can automatically assume that they are evil, plus if you study the map you see Reignfall has the capitals of all 3 of their cities marked on it. PLUS If you read the FAQ section of their website it says:

"4.6 Are races going to have specific factions at creation and will there be instances where an evil race character can’t run to a good city?

Yes. While there are some nuances to faction and alignment adjustment, evil races such as the Ogre, Skar, and Dark Myr will have a hard time getting close to good race cities. This is not set in stone, however, as you can adjust your faction and alignment through your actions in the game world."

Also, If you note that Kingsreach is the "good" continent because in Elf lore it talks about Faerthale being the home of the elves, then Wild's End being the home of the Halflings who are written in a kind and warm light so you can assume they are good in nature.

Around 44:00 you hear Brad talk about Thronefast being the starting area for low-level humans being on the content of Kingsreach.

Now this leaves Gnomes, Archai and Dwarves out. Which would be all the Neutral races.

Sorry, but there's no suggestion that Dark Myr are "evil", just like there's no suggestion that Humans re "good". You're off base.

• 46 posts
    June 24, 2017 8:55 PM PDT

Krixus said:

Nanethiel said:

Sorry, but there's no suggestion that Dark Myr are "evil", just like there's no suggestion that Humans re "good". You're off base.

If you look at the FAQ link that I posted specifically at line 4.6 the Devs specify that the Dark Myr, Ogres, and Skar are marked as Evil. So are you refuting this post and saying the Devs and I are liars?

If you don't want to actually scroll up and read the link, then here is the link taken from the Offical website.

https://pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/

LOOK AT Question 4.6

This post was edited by Nanethiel at June 24, 2017 8:58 PM PDT
    • 6961 posts
    June 24, 2017 11:27 PM PDT

Nanethiel said:

Krixus said:

Nanethiel said:

If you look at the FAQ link that I posted specifically at line 4.6 the Devs specify that the Dark Myr, Ogres, and Skar are marked as Evil. So are you refuting this post and saying the Devs and I are liars?

If you don't want to actually scroll up and read the link, then here is the link taken from the Offical website.

LOOK AT Question 4.6

Interracial alliances and hatred will play a part in player and NPC factions/interaction for sure but "good", "neutral" or "evil" doesn't play a part in what class you can play, the lore determines that via culture, intelligence and ability, so Humans can most definitely be "good" or "evil" and play a Cleric to a Necromancer without any issues.

Ogre or Skar Bard though? No, they lack the talent, culture, intellect and ability to appreciate music let alone play technical instruments, so you can see how race plays a part in the decision somewhat, but it is not the deciding factor, nor is their alignment with "good", neutral" or "evil", it is a combination of many things that decide what class they can play which is why we have made some decisions that go against what people are used too, Terminus is new and with it so are the rules that govern race and class. :)

Moved to Human subforum.

This post was edited by Kilsin at June 24, 2017 11:31 PM PDT
    • 46 posts
    June 25, 2017 12:09 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Nanethiel said:

Krixus said:

Nanethiel said:

LOOK AT Question 4.6

Interracial alliances and hatred will play a part in player and NPC factions/interaction for sure but "good", "neutral" or "evil" doesn't play a part in what class you can play, the lore determines that via culture, intelligence and ability, so Humans can most definitely be "good" or "evil" and play a Cleric to a Necromancer without any issues.

Ogre or Skar Bard though? No, they lack the talent, culture, intellect and ability to appreciate music let alone play technical instruments, so you can see how race plays a part in the decision somewhat, but it is not the deciding factor, nor is their alignment with "good", neutral" or "evil", it is a combination of many things that decide what class they can play which is why we have made some decisions that go against what people are used too, Terminus is new and with it so are the rules that govern race and class. :)

Moved to Human subforum.

Okay, So in Kingsreach there in houses the Humans, Elves and Halflings. In Reignfall it houses the Dark Myr, Ogres and Skar.
    So where will the Gnomes, Archai and Dwarves be housed?

I'm also a little fuzzy on the faction system; So If I make a human
    1) will I have faction in human realm
    2) In the other factions will I have to build from 0-100%? (OR) Is there already other faction given to Humans like Elf faction?
    (In the lore Elves and Humans mingle so i assumed maybe this may be the case)
    I know the game is still in development but in EverQuest There was a distinct good Vs evil and you had some faction in your chosen faction. (I.E. Evil and negative faction or no faction in the opposite faction like Good and you had to play a balancing act between the two)

• 6961 posts
    June 25, 2017 4:33 AM PDT

Nanethiel said:

Kilsin said:

Nanethiel said:

Krixus said:

Nanethiel said:

LOOK AT Question 4.6

Moved to Human subforum.

Okay, So in Kingsreach there in houses the Humans, Elves and Halflings. In Reignfall it houses the Dark Myr, Ogres and Skar.
    So where will the Gnomes, Archai and Dwarves be housed?

I'm also a little fuzzy on the faction system; So If I make a human
    1) will I have faction in human realm
    2) In the other factions will I have to build from 0-100%? (OR) Is there already other faction given to Humans like Elf faction?
    (In the lore Elves and Humans mingle so i assumed maybe this may be the case)
    I know the game is still in development but in EverQuest There was a distinct good Vs evil and you had some faction in your chosen faction. (I.E. Evil and negative faction or no faction in the opposite faction like Good and you had to play a balancing act between the two)

I can't give any of that away just yet, unfortunately, that Atlas is old but the team will reveal more of it when they can.

The faction system will also be revealed in more detail but there will already be faction gains/losses depending on your choice of starting race, Humans will be the most friendly of the races due to their ability to communicate, negotiate etc. but even they won't be able to make friends or natural alliances with everyone, so there will be races that they will be Kill of Sight too and it will be up to the player to decide whether it is worth their time and effort trying to mend those relationships or not.

Some races will have a much harder time starting out than others, like the Ogre, Skar etc.

While we don't necessarily have a "good" and "evil" so to speak, there is a general feeling of good vs bad behaviour among out races, but who is to say either is right or wrong in their ways of life, so it will be up to the player to choose how they play and who they align themselves with after the initial starting faction being decided by your race.

Hopefully, the team can release more on this in the not too distant future but I know their focus right now is on getting the game ready for testing, as is everyones! :)

This post was edited by Kilsin at June 25, 2017 5:51 PM PDT
    • 401 posts
    June 25, 2017 6:30 AM PDT

Thank you Nanethiel (and Kilsin!) for increasing the topics in the Humans forum by 50%...you both have increased faction with at least one Thronefast loving bard.

• 46 posts
    June 25, 2017 12:51 PM PDT

Nanethiel said:

Kumu said:

Thank you Nanethiel (and Kilsin!) for increasing the topics in the Humans forum by 50%...you both have increased faction with at least one Thronefast loving bard.

Your welcome, Kumu. It was a question I had for a while after reading the lore, knowing how EverQuest 1 worked and studying the map.
    Though I probably won't be playing a Human nor a bard, you have garnered faction from this Dark Myr Druid! :D

• 6961 posts
    June 25, 2017 5:52 PM PDT

Kumu said:

Hahaha, what a boost! I think everyone thinks Humans are boring since we are Human but when we can release more lore and information around the races I think the Human interest will pick up a bit more ;)

This post was edited by Kilsin at June 25, 2017 5:53 PM PDT
    • 341 posts
    June 26, 2017 6:31 AM PDT

Nanethiel said:

Humans are a nuetral race.