Forums » Community Sites

Fantheonmmo.com

• 3237 posts
    June 22, 2017 7:31 AM PDT

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that we just released a new community fansite last night.  We're using the IPBoard platform which is the same platform we'll be seeing for the official Pantheon website in the future.  If you would like to test out the functionality and see what the future might hold for us on here ... stop by and check it out!  We still have a couple features that we haven't added yet but for the most part, we're tapping into whats available on the platform.

The site is free to use (we're hoping to draw in some folks from MMORPG.com, reddit, or any other free platform where people who have an interest might be congregating)  --  we'll probably create tutorial videos or guides soon to explain some of the features available on the site.  It's the best platform out there and if you're curious to see what an updated Pantheon forum experience might look/feel like in the future, here is your chance!

We even have a membership upgrade functionality in tact ... I imagine the pledges for Pantheon working very similar.  No more support tickets to upgrade pledges ... the system detects that stuff automatically.  IPBoard is a very robust system ... give it a try and let us know what you think.  We are taking feedback/suggestions from the community to improve the site so feel free to send me a PM with any input you have.

Here is the direct link:  http://www.fantheonmmo.com/

Thank you!

• 595 posts
    June 22, 2017 8:08 AM PDT

Very well done guys.  I've just done a quick scan and the functionality seems to be very solid.  When I've finished work for the day I will take a closer look and perhaps register.  Great stuff!

• 3237 posts
    June 23, 2017 9:22 AM PDT

Nikademis said:

Very well done guys.  I've just done a quick scan and the functionality seems to be very solid.  When I've finished work for the day I will take a closer look and perhaps register.  Great stuff!

Thank you!  If you manage to break anything be sure to let us know.  We will award reputation points to anybody who manages to identify bugs or errors.  Also, our web developer will have an ongoing log that tracks any updates/changes done to the site.  This is a community project, any/all help is greatly appreciated!

• 73 posts
    June 23, 2017 10:10 AM PDT

I signed up - it's a great functional site.  Look forward to having some robust discussions there.

• 3237 posts
    June 30, 2017 11:03 AM PDT

We're working on another website patch:

1) Krayziekal will manage an ongoing blog that will include tutorial guides on how to utilize the different features and functionalities that are available to the IPBoard platform.  We're going to start with outlining the various ranking systems, including post count and reputation. We'll provide info graphics of the various benchmarks for each new rank for both categories.  The reputation ranks will each have a unique icon that displays the "reputation level" along side the green + sign.  Think of the reputation system as "community faction."  As far as guides that we are considering for future implementation, we're looking at articles, albums, twitch integration, blogging, and setting up profiles/signatures.  If there is a certain feature you would like more information on that could be considered for a tutorial guide, please send me a PM.  

2) The site is going to be optimized for mobile devices.  We're going to navigate the entire site and test all of the different features and ensure that the site is optimized for mobile compatibility.

3) We're upgrading security to be compliant with the https protocol.  This will eliminate the "This connection is not secure" message that pops up while attempting to log-in while using certain browsers, specifically Firefox.

4) Blog pages will be getting redesigned for aesthetic viewing pleasure.

5) We are going to add some interactive bonuses available to content contributors.  One idea we have right now is to reward the "contributor of the month" with a custom signature.  It would be designed by Krayziekal, but the goal would be to capture the look and feel desired by the person receiving it.  Contributors are tracked on the reputation leaderboard.  If someone is the top contributor more than once, they can pick another member to receive the signature.  This is another area where we are seeking community feedback.

This post was edited by oneADseven at June 30, 2017 11:16 AM PDT
    • 454 posts
    July 2, 2017 5:29 PM PDT

oneADseven,

The scope of the ideas you present in Fantheon are awesome!  Great brainwork!

• 40 posts
    July 3, 2017 12:00 AM PDT

Good stuff, I'm  all signed up and ready to lurk :D

• 3237 posts
    July 3, 2017 8:30 AM PDT

Much appreciated guys!  Our goal is to provide a high-end user experience and we still have a few cards up our sleeve that haven't been revealed yet.  More than anything though, we need other folks to jump in and participate with sharing content.  It might seem like there is a push to get feedback on my ideas but that isn't really the case, I just shared what I have come up with over the last 7+ months to get the site populated with content.  I do have a blog on there but again that's just to show off the functionality of the site and to give everybody else an idea of where they can take their ideas.  As time goes on, we would like to feature other contributors.  We'll eventually have a newsletter going and a meaningful reputation system ... but there will never be a better time to get yourself established as a contributor than now!  This is a community project and we are relying on feedback from our users so if you have an idea (not just related to the game, but for the site itself) please make sure you message me.  Thank you!

• 15 posts
    July 24, 2017 11:40 AM PDT
    Very nice site! Recommended on our latest podcast!
    • 1860 posts
    September 8, 2017 11:21 AM PDT

The site is unavailable 187,  any word/explanation on the situation?

• 1468 posts
    September 8, 2017 9:08 PM PDT

philo said:

The site is unavailable 187,  any word/explanation on the situation?

Yep was just going to see how things were going and the site seems suspended which is a shame.

• 3237 posts
    September 8, 2017 9:25 PM PDT

I'll get it restored in the morning.  Been dealing with some identity theft issues and need to get the billing account updated.  Thanks for letting me know!

• 3237 posts
    October 3, 2017 3:23 PM PDT

Site had been restored.  We apologize for the interruption.

• 71 posts
    January 29, 2021 11:52 AM PST

Site is now no more.