Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Soulstone

• 16 posts
    May 25, 2017 3:03 PM PDT

Is there a plan for bringing soulstone to Pantheon?

• 279 posts
    May 25, 2017 3:12 PM PDT

What the heck is that?

Are you talking the EZ mode corpse summoning things in EQ or something else entirely?

• 1468 posts
    May 25, 2017 3:42 PM PDT

kopasz said:

I think you are going to have to be a bit more specific than that. I have no idea what you are talking about :).

• 28 posts
    May 25, 2017 3:51 PM PDT

soulstone i belive is something that warlocks used to rez a raid member or party member in wow...as far as i know clerics can rez for sure not sure about shamens or druids in pantheon....

• 1468 posts
    May 25, 2017 3:56 PM PDT

Azzraus75 said:

soulstone i belive is something that warlocks used to rez a raid member or party member in wow...as far as i know clerics can rez for sure not sure about shamens or druids in pantheon....

Ah. Sounds like the necro 93% rez in EQ that needed an Essence Emerald to cast. Necro rezzes were really useful for getting a raid back on their feet after a wipe because the necro would FD until all aggro was lost and then rez a cleric who had their epic clicky rez to get the rest of the raid back.

• 2752 posts
    May 25, 2017 4:25 PM PDT

I wouldn't put my money on it. Having a pre-emptive wipe saver seems counter to punishing parties for making mistakes that wipe them. Unless there was a heavy cost to creating a soulstone...

• 28 posts
    May 25, 2017 4:25 PM PDT

exactly that... there's just not enough info on necros in pantheon yet ...hoping it will be like the original eq..

• 1095 posts
    May 25, 2017 4:27 PM PDT

Necros used Emeral Essence for rez just fyi...

• 483 posts
    May 25, 2017 4:28 PM PDT

In wow soulstone are combat rezes, and you can use it on yourself or others before you die, that way you can rezz yourself.

• 16 posts
    May 25, 2017 4:31 PM PDT

I find on another forum what is Essence Emerald "soulstone"

The Essence Emerald (EE for short) is a Necro-made spell reagent. It looks like an Emerald, and is stackable. Do to their nature, they cannot be vendor bought, but can often be found on sale for ~500pp each in the Bazaar.

To make one, a Necro must first have an Emerald (store bought or dropped) in inventory. Then, the Necro must cast the level 51 spell Sacrifice on another, grouped player between levels 46 and 60 inclusive, who must then "accept" the sacrifice via a ressurection/teleport style dialog box. The Sacrificee dies, and her/his soul is magically entrapped inside the Emerald, and voila we have an Essence Emerald!

the Sacrificee loses exp during the death, and this lost exp CANNOT be restored via a normal cleric/pally rez. 

How are EE's used?

EE's are particularly useful when a group wipes and the cleric dies in a difficult zone (PoHate/Fear/Air/etc.). A FD'd necro can clear aggro and then rez the cleric who can then rez the rest of the party, thus saving a length Corpse recovery by having to re-break the zone naked to recover corpses. 

This post was edited by kopasz at May 25, 2017 4:31 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    May 25, 2017 6:14 PM PDT

We are not sure at this stage, we will look at class mechanics during testing to see if there is a gap with only very limited classes being able to rez but we certainly won't allow too many classes to rez as class interdependence are important to the overall game balance.

• 690 posts
    May 26, 2017 7:40 AM PDT

kopasz said:

Another meaning could be Elder Scrolls soulstones, which were used to charge magic weapons as well as making custom magics, like spells or enchanting items.

You would "soul trap" something while it was still alive, kill it, and then its soul would get trapped in one of your empty soulstones. Different creatures had different qualities of "soul", and there were different qualities of soul gem to match. Human souls could only be trapped in a higher, evil, illegal form of soulstone.

You could even soul trap and kill summoned creatures.

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at May 26, 2017 7:44 AM PDT
    • 1714 posts
    May 26, 2017 9:15 AM PDT

EEs were too steep a price to pay with AAs. It might make sense to have the necro rez have longer lasting/more severe rez effects compared to a cleric. 

• 1714 posts
    May 26, 2017 9:16 AM PDT

BeaverBiscuit said:

kopasz said:

Another meaning could be Elder Scrolls soulstones, which were used to charge magic weapons as well as making custom magics, like spells or enchanting items.

You would "soul trap" something while it was still alive, kill it, and then its soul would get trapped in one of your empty soulstones. Different creatures had different qualities of "soul", and there were different qualities of soul gem to match. Human souls could only be trapped in a higher, evil, illegal form of soulstone.

You could even soul trap and kill summoned creatures.

That could be cool. And maybe then the trapped soul's energy could be applied to a spell. Capture a fire goblin and apply its soul to your next boil blood spell and it does more damage or something.