Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Live Stream Combat Record!

• 168 posts
    May 20, 2017 12:31 PM PDT

Hey everyone, I am really really bored and anxious while waiting for pantheon to come out so I am inching through the combat scenes in the most recent twitch recording all the hits manually (since I dont know how to write an image reading algorithm to parse all the combat for me :P ).

Check it out!

This post was edited by Kargen at May 20, 2017 5:48 PM PDT
    • 6 posts
    May 20, 2017 2:50 PM PDT

Very nice Kargen ;) that is fun to see. 

Looks very balanced, the dps. I would have thought the wizard whould have been higher, but ALOT fine tuneing is yet to come.

And I'm sure they will it just perfect ;) 

• 155 posts
    May 20, 2017 3:11 PM PDT

Very Nice Kargen it give a good idea !

P.S.: you sure have some patience !

*Kargen The Human non-TAS, Combat parser*

This post was edited by Rendall at May 20, 2017 3:12 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    May 20, 2017 8:21 PM PDT

Wow, good job. That must have taken some time! I know there's a bunch of people here that will enjoy analyzing and geeking out over all this data. It looks pretty good. The only thing that really stuck out to me was how much less damage Aradune was going compared to Machail, even though Aradune was dual wielding and Machail was S&B. Brad said that his War Wizard class was tuned to be just like a Warrior for the stream, so as to not offset combat balance. So I'd expect dual wielding to be a lot higher DPS than S&B.

Anyway, as others have said, it's probably not entirely representative of what it will look like in the future. It's a tiny sample size and combat mechanics will definitely be adjusted. But I applaud your effort for putting this together!

• 9115 posts
    May 21, 2017 3:06 AM PDT

Great job Kargen, I have moved this to General Pantheon as it better relates to that subforum :)

Keep in mind this si very early on and classes were very roughly balanced for the stream but are nowhere near finished, that is what testing will be for when we can gather much larger amounts of data and feedback, so please no arguing over who does what better or who should do what better as those posts will be removed without warning.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at May 21, 2017 3:07 AM PDT
    • 168 posts
    May 21, 2017 8:32 AM PDT
    Yeah this was purely for entertainment purposes as it is completely understood the fine tuning and balance will take place during the alpha and beta testing. I was simply curious what Max hits, number of hits, etc was.. Quote interesting to read through the log and see Kilsin overpower every other dps with those 114pt BSs. also good for seeing the difference between various mobs HP and damage so we can better plan our hunts! those wisps look mighty tasty.
    • 1095 posts
    May 21, 2017 9:17 AM PDT

Kargen said:

Hey everyone, I am really really bored and anxious while waiting for pantheon to come out so I am inching through the combat scenes in the most recent twitch recording all the hits manually (since I dont know how to write an image reading algorithm to parse all the combat for me :P ).

Check it out!

Dude you need to go outside and get some fresh air LOL.

I got alot of TV shows I can recommend to you as well for a good bindge watching because you are bored.

This post was edited by Aich at May 21, 2017 9:18 AM PDT
    • 168 posts
    May 21, 2017 9:39 AM PDT

Zeem said:

I got alot of TV shows I can recommend to you as well for a good bindge watching because you are bored.

Haha yeah .. but I find joy in doing small things like this. In a way I am immersing myself in the game already :P .... isn't that what it's all about?

• 279 posts
    May 21, 2017 9:50 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Great job Kargen, I have moved this to General Pantheon as it better relates to that subforum :)

Keep in mind this si very early on and classes were very roughly balanced for the stream but are nowhere near finished, that is what testing will be for when we can gather much larger amounts of data and feedback, so please no arguing over who does what better or who should do what better as those posts will be removed without warning.

Obligatory Rogues are too strong!!!!!!!11 wizards need boosts post.

Sorry ;) had to

• 1095 posts
    May 21, 2017 10:05 AM PDT

Kargen said:

Zeem said:

Haha yeah .. but I find joy in doing small things like this. In a way I am immersing myself in the game already :P .... isn't that what it's all about?

Yeah lol.

• 1468 posts
    May 21, 2017 2:24 PM PDT

Cool stuff. Was very interesting.

• 9115 posts
    May 21, 2017 5:50 PM PDT

Sunmistress said:

Kilsin said:

Obligatory Rogues are too strong!!!!!!!11 wizards need boosts post.

Sorry ;) had to

Lol, I was working the hardest! I will slack off next time and be like the rest of the group so I can call for Monk and Sorc nerfs lol ;)

• 279 posts
    May 21, 2017 8:28 PM PDT

Certified Strat: Just remember the Rogue Sleight of Hand when the Camera rolling it'll be aight.

"like IDK I am like 8dps, Clearly Rogues need boosts!!!!!!!!!!!11" 

• 189 posts
    May 21, 2017 8:47 PM PDT
    Wow Kargen thats great LOL!
    • 9115 posts
    May 22, 2017 3:31 AM PDT

Sunmistress said:

Certified Strat: Just remember the Rogue Sleight of Hand when the Camera rolling it'll be aight.

"like IDK I am like 8dps, Clearly Rogues need boosts!!!!!!!!!!!11" 

Lol, people actually try to do that in testing to keep their classes OP but we have ways of seeing what their real damage is ;)

• 1714 posts
    May 24, 2017 8:36 AM PDT

Rogue OP

• 9115 posts
    May 25, 2017 3:11 AM PDT

Krixus said:

Rogue OP

Rogue hardworker, others are slackers ;)

• 1281 posts
    May 25, 2017 11:19 AM PDT

We need to find out who is sandbagging their favorite class during development just so they are OP at launch. =p

• 9115 posts
    May 25, 2017 6:04 PM PDT

bigdogchris said:

We need to find out who is sandbagging their favorite class during development just so they are OP at launch. =p

We have very detailed system logs that allow us to see that information, so there is no hiding or sandbagging, we will see the true results and output of all classes whether it be for damage, aggro, healing etc. ;)