Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

I hate to be "That Guy", but...

This topic has been closed.
    • 142 posts
    May 16, 2017 2:00 PM PDT

We're half way though May, which means we're halfway through Q2 2017. And if we jump in the way back machine, Q1 or 2 2017 was the target for Pre Alpha.

Now, I'm perfectly fine if that goal is not acheived. I understand the fluid situation of develpment. But it would be nice to get some kind of statement from the VR team if this goal is still in their sights or if we can expect Pre Alpha to be pushed back further into this year/early next year? A status report would be welcome.

Also, if we jump in the way, way back machine, there was talk of switching over to new forums. Is this still forthcoming or are we sitting pat with what we currently have?

• 1778 posts
    May 16, 2017 2:31 PM PDT
    Yes they still plan to move to new forums.

Pre-alpha will happen when it happens. Im sure we will get an update soon. But its not July 1st yet.
    • 155 posts
    May 16, 2017 2:36 PM PDT

The later the better I guess, it will be more fine-tuned. 

• 169 posts
    May 16, 2017 2:44 PM PDT
    You are not the only one chomping at the bit to get pre alpha started, i think that most of the people that are posting here are just as anxious as you are, and lets hope they reach the q2 goal and let us in there to test.
    As for the new forums, Kilsin posted somewhere that they will be open soon.
    • 82 posts
    May 16, 2017 2:53 PM PDT

Yes it would be great if VR can make an offical announcment to when they think pre alpha will start even if they dont make the target.

• 363 posts
    May 16, 2017 3:05 PM PDT

If you're a VIP who will be participating in Pre-Alpha, then [as of late] you should have a good idea of what VR is working on right now, if you don't, then go check our forum. ;)

• 1303 posts
    May 16, 2017 3:34 PM PDT

Ultra said:

Yes it would be great if VR can make an offical announcment to when they think pre alpha will start even if they dont make the target.

It's just not smart for them to put dates out there. Even if they preface it with a paragraph full of "don't count on it", and "this is an estimate only", and "please don't hold us to this but..." , it would be taken as gospel and there'd be a screaming mob if the date weren't hit. 

• 9115 posts
    May 16, 2017 3:47 PM PDT

I am going to have to close this guys, the Q1- Q2 was a very rough estimate that we gave when we were pushed hard for a date, it is by no means something to hold us too, we are working extremely on getting testing ready for everyone now and when it is ready, whenever that will be, we will let you all know but until then, we appreciate your continued patience ;)