Forums » Pantheon Classes

Epic Quests

• 2138 posts
    May 13, 2017 3:30 PM PDT

Should each Class have a specific Epic weapon for their race? Off the bat I see this possibility as being a buffet to alt-oholics.

I mean a human monk would have a different epic weapon than a Skar monk- as example.

Oddly, for Skar I am tempted to associate the albino orc in "The Hobbit" movie with the Skar and I think it would be cool as part of the Skar monk epic is they would need to lose one arm for- two levels or horizontal levels-before getting a club replacement- which could also come with other attachments like a blade or hatchet before finally settling on the epic weapon, that is thrust through the arm very much like the albino orc in The Hobbit movie.

For the monk classes it would be similar to specializations i.e. Jacki Chan and the Drunken Master style, or Jet Li and the Monkey style. The Skar could have that killer prostetic arm and humans could have.. kinky kicky boots?

I dont know if this is in the devs plan or how it will be handled or if epics will be similar for all races. I am assuming they will be similar for all classes.

• 316 posts
    May 13, 2017 8:03 PM PDT
    Same stats but race-specific look? Could be cool, unless one was much better than the other.. or if we wanted the epic weapons to be more associated with the class instead of the race. So the wizard epic might just be a single, badass staff of the ages, and it has its own character and personality - in that case, itd make more sense for all the races to use the same item.

Seems like it could go either way, depending on how the devs want to imagine the backstories of epicz.
    • 2886 posts
    May 13, 2017 9:29 PM PDT

There has been a lot of discussion about race-specific appearances for weapons and armor. Aside from creating a lot more work for the art team, I think it only makes sense in certain situations, and epics are not one of them. I feel like it removes a lot of the personality from the item. Epic weapons should be truly legendary imo. They transcend racial boundaries. The alternative would be to have a completely unique quest for every race/class combo to explain why each has its own unique epic weapon. But that just seems a little excessive imo. Would be almost impossible to balance the difficulty of each. That's how I feel anyway.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at May 13, 2017 9:29 PM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    May 14, 2017 9:46 AM PDT

I think you both are right, my idea was to have a unique epic for each race and that would be too much.

• 29 posts
    May 23, 2017 1:02 PM PDT

Epic weapon based on Race + Class? Sounds good to me. I really do like that idea!

• 5 posts
    May 29, 2017 2:08 PM PDT

Something i'd love to see (each race/class having their own "unique" Epic), but realistically, i'd be more than happy with one really well thought out & implemented Epic quest per class - i'd rather have one really good story about an item ingrained in Terminus Lore for powerful items that may span the different ages of the world and provide some insight into their creation and history, than a load of sparkly objects with very little meaning- and please, nothing that shoots unicorns or rainbows!

I'd also love to see a slightly lower tier of quest, something more akin to the Heritage Quests from EQ2 that could be linked solely to individual races material creations... things that personify each races characteristics, that could further differentiate the same class across different races (i.e. gnome warrior from an ogre warrior) and that provide even more reason for the player to invest in their chosen races' lore/ history

I'm not a fan of the old "collect rat tails" type quests as i feel they barely scratch the surface; there is nothing wrong with them, but just feel that if a quest isn't acting to "flesh out" a particular character/ race or part of the games overarching lore, it's just a wasted opportunity!