Forums » News and Announcements

May's Newsletter is Here (Along with Patch Notes!)

• 5 posts
    May 10, 2017 6:46 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

LeonSanborn said:

LMFAO.... These... These right here is what I live for!

.... Also kilsen, are you trying to exploit bugs eh?

I call it helpful information they call it exploits! Plus whenever anything goes missing, it's always the Rogue's fault... hahaha :D

As us software engineers know. It's not a bug... It's a feature!

• 9115 posts
    May 10, 2017 7:18 PM PDT

am385 said:

Kilsin said:

LeonSanborn said:

LMFAO.... These... These right here is what I live for!

.... Also kilsen, are you trying to exploit bugs eh?

I call it helpful information they call it exploits! Plus whenever anything goes missing, it's always the Rogue's fault... hahaha :D

As us software engineers know. It's not a bug... It's a feature!

Haha exactly! :)

• 1 posts
    May 10, 2017 8:00 PM PDT

Wish that all release notes for all patches were like this ;)

- Adjust UI scale to give more screen real estate. To be featured on House Hunters.

Probably greatly off topic but does that mean support for OMG ratios like ultrawide (21:9) and the like?

• 9115 posts
    May 10, 2017 9:23 PM PDT

cadal said:

Wish that all release notes for all patches were like this ;)

- Adjust UI scale to give more screen real estate. To be featured on House Hunters.

Probably greatly off topic but does that mean support for OMG ratios like ultrawide (21:9) and the like?

We have already said in other threads that we will support all popular aspect ratios ;)

• 624 posts
    May 11, 2017 4:23 AM PDT

Great read (patch notes had me in stitches), thanks VR.  Also loved hearing more about that dedicated crafter, Cromulent (had no knowledge of the Simpsons reference)

If you would like some accompaniment for the a capella group, tell Joppa he only has to finish designing bards by the weekend.

This post was edited by Kumu at May 11, 2017 4:26 AM PDT
    • 37 posts
    May 11, 2017 5:08 AM PDT

Love this Kilsin! :D

This - - - > "The cats were doing whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted." How well I know it.

• 29 posts
    May 11, 2017 6:46 AM PDT

Nice patch notes! Loved the humor! Started my morning with a laugh.

• 42 posts
    May 11, 2017 11:55 AM PDT

Great read, loved the patch notes(giggle)

• 116 posts
    May 12, 2017 5:47 AM PDT

Great to see the progress and changes. Pretty funny stuff there Kilsin. :)

• 2138 posts
    May 12, 2017 7:49 AM PDT

I am a little jealous because this means the devs are the ones spotting all this- to create the need for patches in house- because....because....THEY are playing the game!

and they should! 

Bag swap- sounds like Kilsins rogue was trying to sell a bag of stuff (full bag of Tentacle terror stun whips! great pet weapons! meet me at bank!) and traded for a bag from Joppa and once completed Joppa had an empty bag- heh. 

• 9115 posts
    May 12, 2017 8:30 AM PDT

Manouk said:

I am a little jealous because this means the devs are the ones spotting all this- to create the need for patches in house- because....because....THEY are playing the game!

and they should! 

Bag swap- sounds like Kilsins rogue was trying to sell a bag of stuff (full bag of Tentacle terror stun whips! great pet weapons! meet me at bank!) and traded for a bag from Joppa and once completed Joppa had an empty bag- heh. 

Hahaha, they keep falling for my tricks! :D

• 3016 posts
    May 12, 2017 9:14 AM PDT

Ah patch notes with humour...my favorite. :)  

• 110 posts
    May 12, 2017 4:44 PM PDT

The patch note antics are funny.  I hope you guys keep that up when the game goes live.

• 7 posts
    May 12, 2017 6:22 PM PDT

These make my day Thanks Pantheon

• 74 posts
    May 12, 2017 6:56 PM PDT

Don't fall for it! Kilsin stole the wooden staff too!

• 9115 posts
    May 12, 2017 11:01 PM PDT

ghost7 said:

Don't fall for it! Kilsin stole the wooden staff too!

Oi! Shhh stop telling them, they keep taking their things back when I am offline!! :D

• 255 posts
    May 14, 2017 1:00 AM PDT

BenD said:

- Test fix for rare and random cases where the player can fall through the ground. Extreme quicksand is not a thing.

Not in this game as well....

That bug is what made be quit Vanguard after 2 months. I hope it's fixed in Pantheon (per the bug fix), It annoyed the heck out of me getting GM rez's because corpse was somewhere under the world.

• 2886 posts
    May 14, 2017 8:31 AM PDT

Boulda said:

BenD said:

- Test fix for rare and random cases where the player can fall through the ground. Extreme quicksand is not a thing.

Not in this game as well....

That bug is what made be quit Vanguard after 2 months. I hope it's fixed in Pantheon (per the bug fix), It annoyed the heck out of me getting GM rez's because corpse was somewhere under the world.

Unfortunately, there's no real blanket-fix that I'm aware of. They have to be patched on a case-by-case basis. But one benefit to using the Unity engine is the mesh system makes it so that these cases are much, much less common.

• 801 posts
    May 15, 2017 8:01 AM PDT

Funny's not allowed.... I know mine are removed all the time...

• 1281 posts
    May 15, 2017 12:28 PM PDT

I'm sure the anecdote's are added only for our enjoyment.

lol

• 9115 posts
    May 15, 2017 5:19 PM PDT

bigdogchris said:

I'm sure the anecdote's are added only for our enjoyment.

lol

They are ;)

• 85 posts
    May 15, 2017 5:45 PM PDT

Nice patch notes... Would this be a on and off thing or shall we be reading more patch notes in the future? Second when am I going to see some Wizard loving?? All I see is are melee classes... Show us some caster love.. 

• 9115 posts
    May 15, 2017 11:12 PM PDT

Azraell said:

Nice patch notes... Would this be a on and off thing or shall we be reading more patch notes in the future? Second when am I going to see some Wizard loving?? All I see is are melee classes... Show us some caster love.. 

These are heavily edited and more for humour than anything man, our official patch notes will be released as updates are patched in like how we used to get them in VG etc.

• 257 posts
    June 2, 2017 4:55 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Azraell said:

These are heavily edited and more for humour than anything man, our official patch notes will be released as updates are patched in like how we used to get them in VG etc.

Maybe on Patch Adams Day?

Mod Edit: Removed image as per forum guidelines.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at June 2, 2017 7:08 AM PDT
    • 6 posts
    June 12, 2017 10:23 AM PDT

And the June newsletter is released...