Forums » The Druid

Druid Armor/Weapon Type Speculation

• 245 posts
    May 6, 2017 3:24 PM PDT

What kinds of weapons and armor do you envision your Druid wearing around Terminus? I'll get us kicked off with what I'd like to see and highlight some choices that would differ from the mainstream idea of what Druids could equip. Also, I do believe there will be race restrictions on equipment as well, I'll throw down some unique options for the difference races of Druids as well.

Weapons:
    1 Hand Blunt: Hammers, Clubs, Maces, Scepters - All Races.
    2 Hand Blunt: Staves - All Races. Warhammers, Mauls, Great clubs - Ogre only.
    1 Hand Slashing: Swords, Scimitars, Blades - All Races.
    2 Hand Slashing: Glaive - Elf only.
    1 Hand Piercing: Short Spears - Halfling only.
    2 Hand Piercing: Lances, Spears, Tridents - Dark Myr only. Spiked Chain - Archai only.

Armors:
    Cloth - All.
    Leather - All.
    Chain - Humans only.
    Scale - None.
    Plate - None.

I tried to give each race its own specialty weapon or armor. 

This post was edited by Syntro at May 6, 2017 3:25 PM PDT
    • 48 posts
    May 6, 2017 7:39 PM PDT
    I may be channelling my nerd fantasy books vision of druid but i always think of them with leather armor and quarterstaffs if any weapon. Weapons almost seem to go against what it means to be a druid (to me)
    • 245 posts
    May 9, 2017 8:29 PM PDT

Yeah, I agree. It's really hard not to think of them that way silenthill. I wonder how VR will envision them...

• 600 posts
    May 9, 2017 11:37 PM PDT

Yeah i could see Scimitars, multiple types of one hand blunts weapons, might have certain types of chain type armor, like mithril or something along this line, very light basically.  I would really like a specific type of weapon be a lil specific to druids, like how EQ had that Paw quest but it was healer specific but towards druids maybe i dunno, will be interesting what the devs have planned for them it will definately be interesting.

• 48 posts
    May 10, 2017 5:43 AM PDT

Hmmm a druid only weapon, that could be really cool. Of course my ogre druid would probably waste that chance to be cool and just pick up a stick xD I'll leave it to someone with more imagination to figure out a lore friendly druid only weapon

Wolf Fang Fist?!?!?

• 168 posts
    July 4, 2017 10:58 AM PDT

If they do incoroprate a trident for the Dark Myr, which I really hope they dont, I hope they get away from the pitchfork concept. Another idea would be like a 3 pointed arrow head with one point at top and forming 3 points at the bottom of the head or three seperate blades coming off the shaft at different points along the shaft... Anything but a pitchfork....

Loose scale armor connected by leather strands would be cool for Dark Myr

This post was edited by Aatu at July 4, 2017 11:00 AM PDT
    • 387 posts
    July 17, 2017 2:02 PM PDT

Personally, I never understood why a Druid could wield a mithryl weapon, a scimitar , but never a dagger. I would think that any one would be able to stab at something. Or even throw a dagger. I mean they can throw hammers right?

• 67 posts
    February 12, 2018 1:14 PM PST

While I don't mind the racial weapons, giving Human Druids chain armor seems a little less balanced and honestly ruins some of the aesthetic (at least, when I think of Druids). Spiked Chains for Archai seems like a pretty poor choice as well, but admittedly I hate the spiked chain in general so maybe I'm biased. If they have race-exclusive weapons, I would give Humans one-handed warhammers (distinct from normal hammers, involves an armor-piercing spike) and Archai one-handed flails (if you must give them a chain-based weapon) or something else (I don't know the Archai flavor very well.)

• Wig
    • 134 posts
    May 6, 2018 9:35 AM PDT
    I hope druids are more prone to using a one handed weapon and shield. I always like the idea of a healer being able to take a few hits.
    • 90 posts
    May 9, 2018 9:00 PM PDT
    I gotta say I like how the OP listed different things for different races. I like that concept. I'm sick of BIS lists that are so grossly unbalanced that it ruins a class. Although it might just make the mega elite remake their class of the "correct" race every time a new item comes out that doesnt fit their race.