Forums » Secret Class

The Dancer

• 15 posts
    May 5, 2017 6:30 PM PDT

Hello everyone .

just have an idea for a Dancer class :

it can be a mixture of monk and rogue with a bit of enchanter & bard , i know thats a huge mixup .

the core mechinic of the dancer is " Dancing " hehe , you can either Memerize eneimes with your moves and deal hidden damage they wont recgonize for a briet moment , like knife stabs with hand movment or stuns with feet moves. i envision if being the master of crowd controling single targets and capable of CC'ing a group of monsters for some time , it can also buff the group by dancing ..

def type : mostly dodge 70 % / 20 % parry / 10 % armor 

armor type : cloth

types of weapons : Conceled knuckles / hidden sharp weapons in boots slot

ability types : Buffs / Debuffs / crowd control / physical damage

synergies will with Bards , lets say hidden potetional for bard and dancer to be in the same group .

and ofcourse no Genderlock , dancers can both be males and females .

just a vauge idea of dancer class

• 411 posts
    May 5, 2017 10:55 PM PDT

I can totally see this being a proper form of CC (AoE mez!): dance

• 24 posts
    May 9, 2017 8:06 AM PDT

This was an acutal class I played in a pen and paper RPG long ago called a "dervish".  It was one of my favorite characters to play and I have tried endlessly to remake this class in other pen and paper games :)  It worked much as you described... very akin to the bard in that they have a smidge of many classes, but tend to fight melee like a monk with hand weapons such as claws or fans (dual wield obviously hehe).  They offered buffs in the form of group morale and light group heals (think of it similar to "chi" from the monk class whereby they use the energy of positive dance/song to uplift the spirits and "heal" their team mates as opposed to a direct self-heal).  They have the ability to do group mez and charm through dance and song and also some rogue capabilities in the form of pick pocket and pick lock.  

It would be unique to this MMO and is not unprecidented in design concept, so I am with you if they'd like to queue one up for an expansion class ^_^  I think the biggest issue would be how to differentiate them in abilities from a bard since they'd both have very similar skillsets (ofc I am referencing the original EQ bard with an expectation that the Pantehon bard may be similar, once released).

This along with a D&D inspired psionocist who uses ambient abilities similar to how old school EQ bards used songs would be my dream classes (EQ still had the best bard concept ever and I continiously referenced them during the gap between EQ and hopfully Pantheon lol).

Sorry for the ramble.... bottom line... dancer class would rock hehe

• 2011 posts
    May 12, 2017 4:42 PM PDT

I liked FFXIs Dancer. It was a frontline rogue like healer class using daggers to build stamina to use heals and did its moves with dances, and twirls.

• 1 posts
    September 29, 2017 11:08 PM PDT

I played a dancer in FFXI, and I loved it.

• 309 posts
    October 2, 2017 6:04 PM PDT

Star Wars Galaxy had a nice dancer type class that was needed to heal wounds they received in battle, something seperate from healing (it was the main way of recovering wounds if I recall), so many players would often stop by the cantena to recover and tip the dancers. I could see Pantheon adapting a sort of class like that for similar reasons. May require a bit of tweaking. And then it could have a role similar to what you described in groups.

• 34 posts
    October 14, 2017 6:19 AM PDT

I played an entertainer in Star Wars Galaxies, and I enjoyed it. I paired with the TSK. 

I think this type of class would be something different then the standard MMO. I would certainly give it a try.

• 1 posts
    May 2, 2018 10:35 AM PDT

I can't remember the title of the rpg for the life of me... but there was a game I played years ago that if a Bard and Dancer were in the same group - both of their abilities got a buff... What I remember the most is that as a wizard - I got a huge damage buff/mana boost while they were performing.