Forums » News and Announcements

We are back for Part 2 of the Pantheon Spring Stream w/ Cohh!

• 9115 posts
    May 2, 2017 5:31 PM PDT
    Cohh and the Pantheon team are back for Part 2 of the Pantheon Spring Stream. This time they explore the forboding Tower of the Reckless Magician. Cohh pulls as a monk while the team battles their way to the top of the tower to face the baddies beyond.

• 644 posts
    May 2, 2017 6:22 PM PDT

Great stream again guys.  The Tower looks amazing, as do the NPC's.

Cohh is quite a good puller, btw.

This post was edited by fazool at May 2, 2017 6:25 PM PDT
    • 7 posts
    May 2, 2017 6:42 PM PDT

This is killing me i want to play

• 2886 posts
    May 2, 2017 6:42 PM PDT
    • 27 posts
    May 2, 2017 7:06 PM PDT

I don't think Cohh knows what cleave is...

• 3016 posts
    May 2, 2017 9:26 PM PDT

Love that Tower..and of course watching the game play.   Found myself going..noooo standing too close to mezzed or rooted target, he's going to agro!!   lol   Will be watching again.  Can't wait to get in this game and explore my little heart out. :) 

• 9115 posts
    May 2, 2017 10:50 PM PDT

Glad you guys liked it! It was a lot of fun for us and we appreciate the positive support! :D

• 4 posts
    May 2, 2017 10:51 PM PDT

Love the end, where you got in a sticky situation, it is really where the skill level of players will shine.

• 9115 posts
    May 3, 2017 3:18 AM PDT

Finill said:

Love the end, where you got in a sticky situation, it is really where the skill level of players will shine.

It certainly is ;)

P.S. Brad stop breaking my mez punk! haha :P

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at May 3, 2017 3:18 AM PDT
    • 624 posts
    May 3, 2017 3:29 AM PDT

Thank you for demonstrating gravity, those leaps (or Brad pushing you) off the balcony were terrific.

• 175 posts
    May 3, 2017 6:11 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

P.S. Brad stop breaking my mez punk! haha :P

Lol, as an EQ enchanter I was about to say the same!!

• 184 posts
    May 3, 2017 7:51 AM PDT

Amazing part 2 finish!! Joppa you did outstanding work clarifying any obfuscations from the first stream; worded it perfectly (apart from the recurring mic issues haha) and covered all angles/areas of community concern. Many doubts turned into "hmm ok we'll wait and see," and it was exciting to specifically see the younger demographic (teenagers) saying their age and excitement for the game and progress to come (a debate broke out about the gameplay/slower group style being too outdated for anyone but older people to play). Community feedback was highly positive, with combat being the only real area of concern for the minority. The only recurring question I can recall that went unanswered is the stage of funding Pantheon is at. People are unclear what stage A completion really means (it's so relative/case sensitive that the community can't grasp what it really means). It may behoove to make a formal address, for many potential investors received the disclaimer Brad and another said about major accreditted investors as meaning "no more small-time community funding really being needed." Anyhow thank you for the hard work and entertaining stream. Looks like now it's time for the real waiting game *cringe* 

PS Kilsin was a riot on stream lollll - many laughs from the stream monsters

This post was edited by Zuljan at May 3, 2017 8:03 AM PDT
    • 902 posts
    May 3, 2017 11:07 AM PDT

The more I see the more I want in. Great stream. Everything just made me want to jump right in. At this early stage its looking great!

One question I saw but wasnt asked was quite important with what was shown; what will stop a monk running through and training mobs to a boss and have their party follow with no agro? Then the monk FDs near the boss and waits for the agros to wander off again? In this way, the entire party gets to a boss without needing to fight their way through. I know theoretically, the monk could be rooted, but what else would stop that kind of exploitation? On a similar note, what would stop a monk from FDing when a party is about to wipe, will monks be able to rez a party member and save the party? If so, that would make monks just about essential for every group.

• 1468 posts
    May 3, 2017 1:59 PM PDT

chenzeme said:

The more I see the more I want in. Great stream. Everything just made me want to jump right in. At this early stage its looking great!

One question I saw but wasnt asked was quite important with what was shown; what will stop a monk running through and training mobs to a boss and have their party follow with no agro? Then the monk FDs near the boss and waits for the agros to wander off again? In this way, the entire party gets to a boss without needing to fight their way through. I know theoretically, the monk could be rooted, but what else would stop that kind of exploitation? On a similar note, what would stop a monk from FDing when a party is about to wipe, will monks be able to rez a party member and save the party? If so, that would make monks just about essential for every group.

Necros in EQ could FD and rez. They were often used to rez the first cleric in a raid wipe to get the rest of raid rezzed and back ready to fight. Despite being one of the most powerful classes in the game the Necro never was in high demand in groups. They were seen more as a solo class.

As for a monk training the mobs to a boss and FDing and the group following behind as soon as the monk FD the mobs would aggro the other members of the party because of aggro range. I imagine that when the group ran past the mobs that were following the monk they would get aggro once the monk FD then the monk would clear aggro and all the mobs would then aggro on the rest of the group.

• 393 posts
    May 3, 2017 6:52 PM PDT

Awesome stream guys.

Gameplay looks really tight and loads of fun!

• 9115 posts
    May 3, 2017 7:50 PM PDT

Zuljan said:

Amazing part 2 finish!! Joppa you did outstanding work clarifying any obfuscations from the first stream; worded it perfectly (apart from the recurring mic issues haha) and covered all angles/areas of community concern. Many doubts turned into "hmm ok we'll wait and see," and it was exciting to specifically see the younger demographic (teenagers) saying their age and excitement for the game and progress to come (a debate broke out about the gameplay/slower group style being too outdated for anyone but older people to play). Community feedback was highly positive, with combat being the only real area of concern for the minority. The only recurring question I can recall that went unanswered is the stage of funding Pantheon is at. People are unclear what stage A completion really means (it's so relative/case sensitive that the community can't grasp what it really means). It may behoove to make a formal address, for many potential investors received the disclaimer Brad and another said about major accreditted investors as meaning "no more small-time community funding really being needed." Anyhow thank you for the hard work and entertaining stream. Looks like now it's time for the real waiting game *cringe* 

PS Kilsin was a riot on stream lollll - many laughs from the stream monsters

Great feedback man, thank you!

Funding - Securing Series A funding means a private accredited investor is on board, we cannot disclose the amount or who they are to protect their privacy and wishes. We are now looking forward to Series B which as mentioned in the stream and by you in your post, is again, accredited investors, for anyone interested in finding out more, they can contact us at http://visionaryrealms.com/company/investors/

This
    doesn't however, affect our pledges and ongoing subscriptions, payment plans or people that have already invested in us but we are limited in what we can say on this matter due to security and privacy for those involved.

Haha, I am glad you liked it man, lots of jumping overboard because I wasn't allowed to be sneaky and do anything else! Although watching it back I think I ticked Cohh off by mezzing him a bunch of times at the end which is why he wanted to push me off the edge! lol :D

• 151 posts
    May 4, 2017 8:16 PM PDT

Awesome community posts, clarity and thoughts. Thx all.

• 2 posts
    May 4, 2017 9:19 PM PDT

I really enjoyed the streams. Mostly due to the content of the questions that were asked and the generally good and informitive answers that were given in return. I play another mmo and generally when they give free Q/A time there, the questions that they choose to answer or people decide to ask are pretty... stupid. So it is nice to here some good info when people get a chance to ask.

• 902 posts
    May 5, 2017 11:27 AM PDT

Cromulent: As for a monk training the mobs to a boss and FDing and the group following behind as soon as the monk FD the mobs would aggro the other members of the party because of aggro range. I imagine that when the group ran past the mobs that were following the monk they would get aggro once the monk FD then the monk would clear aggro and all the mobs would then aggro on the rest of the group.

Im sure I saw a point where some of the group had agroed and others hadnt. After the mob finished the agroed, it simply walked off. Which is where my point came from. I am sure there will be something to stop monks getting to places very easily, but I just wanted a little official clarification. :)

• 207 posts
    May 7, 2017 9:00 PM PDT

Great stream guys!!! The more I see the more I can't believe a game like this is being made in this day and age...an old-school game with a modern take...I love it....

chenzeme said:

Just my own personal take, I understand the concern but part of what I like about older mmos is the ability to use your jobs and abilities  in creative ways. I don't consider something like this an exploit since you are using game mechanics to move your party forward. It's not like finding an invisible wall that mobs can't pass or something or some other issue that should be addressed. Plus who's to say that the lesser mobs won't have incentives to have people go after then as well! Of course one mishap with training mobs and FD'ing could lead to one massive headache if it's not pulled off flawlessly, I'd say if your willing to make the gamble you should be rewarded!

• 175 posts
    May 8, 2017 8:57 AM PDT

chenzeme said:

Personally, I'm all for high risk/high reward allowances in the game. I can think of logistically why this specific example would be difficult (group has to follow the monk, mobs walk back through the group to their spawn point, may need to clear room near boss, etc.) But if you could pull it off, would be pretty fun/cool.

Btw, you're scenario actually existed in EQ. A necromancer could FD and rez, not to mention corpse summon. There were other options as well, Bard group invis, lull (debuffs the mobs effective aggro range). Tried a couple myself. They were always extremely dangerous. If you messed up, you were dead. And that brougth on a corpse run and loss of xp.

As a final note, I really hope they allow this kind of play. My brother and I used to duo a Necro/Enchanter in lower guk. We'd charm a mob to tank, mez the adds, necro dots and then charm another mob and kill the prior charmed mob who was now at half health. It was risky, required a good amount of coordination, and a lot of fun. We died several times to either charm breaking or too many adds, or something, but was still possible. EQ really took a hit when they started adding mobs you couldn't CC. This is one of my big hopes for Pantheon. Difficult content that can be done in different ways.

• 1 posts
    May 8, 2017 7:35 PM PDT

Just watched the stream.....

Cohh--->feign death   ftw

Great team work and can't wait :))

• 110 posts
    May 8, 2017 11:05 PM PDT

I have watched these streams at least twice each now.  I have also spent countless hours today reading post.  Can't say I have been this excited about the digital world in a very long time its actually been a decade since I felt this good about an MMORPG. (I stress the rpg part) As it seems the MMO industry has forgotten that part of the game.

This post was edited by Evorus at May 9, 2017 9:48 AM PDT