Forums » Store Questions & Feedback

Lifetime Subscription

• 1 posts
    April 29, 2017 11:59 AM PDT

Man, that Lifetime subscription has me drooling. Please play with the idea, in the future, of having a more-affordable lifetime subscription add-on! That $10,000 price-tag is beastly.

• 7584 posts
    April 30, 2017 4:44 AM PDT

We actually have people who grabbed lifetime subs at $375-$500 subs but we quickly removed them as our game will be sub based so removing that monthly revenue could hurt us a lot, we will continue to review our pledges but it is unlikely we will revert that change for the reasons given my friend :) 

• 9 posts
    September 12, 2017 9:28 AM PDT

I like that idea and always thought games should offer it. If EQ had this option I probably would have went with a lifetime subsription and would have stuck with the game even after its deteriation.

Subscriptions could be:

1 month: $14.99/mo

3 months: 13.99/mo = $41.99 up front

6 months: $12.99/mo = $77.99 up front

1 year: $9.99/mo = $119.88 up front

Lifetime: $700-1,000 up front (so you basically have to play for 6-9 years to break even but after that you're playing for free...and it gives the company a good chunk ofmoney up front).

Businesses like to have funds/cash on hand so they can improve their product and this is a good way of making sure that happens.

This post was edited by Utica at September 12, 2017 9:31 AM PDT
    • 1522 posts
    September 12, 2017 10:08 PM PDT

Yeah a small discount if you pay for a yearly sub seems reasonable. I'd probably go for that if it was a thing.

• 11 posts
    December 3, 2017 3:49 AM PST

Seeing that this game is watched by so many with such a huge following from the mmo community/eq playerbase. I personally see a huge benefit in 1-3-6-12-24 month plans for long term players or even the lifetime option for more development funding(discounted adjusted as increasing month purchased). I would buy a year up front or a lifetime sub if there was a option, along with many others no question.

I can understand wanting to maximize revenue keeping it 1-3-6 month options, I just hope there isn't 'VIP sub tokens" like krono.... please stay away from money to in game currency(p2w) aspect in any form. For many including myself is the reason I immediately lose interest in many current titles. Has nothing to do with rl money income, it's just super harmful for longevity of any player based economy.

This post was edited by Dreadstar at December 3, 2017 3:52 AM PST