Forums » News and Announcements

Top Five Reasons Why MMO-Play is Looking Forward to Pantheon!

• 9115 posts
    April 29, 2017 7:30 AM PDT

Top Five Reasons Why MMO-Play is Looking Forward to Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen!

http://mmo-play.com/mmo-blog/top-five-reasons-looking-forward-to-pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen

• 3852 posts
    April 29, 2017 8:41 AM PDT

Thanks for the link. Almost any positive publicity is good!

Their 5 top reasons aren't especially close to my 5 top reasons but this is a positive. There are a lot more than 5 reasons to eagerly await Pantheon.

This post was edited by dorotea at April 29, 2017 8:41 AM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    April 29, 2017 8:44 AM PDT

The perception system is my number one feature in Pantheon :). Good read. Thanks for the link.

• 2886 posts
    April 29, 2017 10:07 AM PDT

Nice. Those are exactly my top 5 too!

• 159 posts
    April 29, 2017 10:50 AM PDT

Not meaning to diminish the dev team, but my #1 reason for being excited about Pantheon is the commitment to a subscription model with no cash store. I would not have pledged if this wasn't clearly the case.

That slight detail aside, I'm also very much looking forward to the social aspects of the game - far too much content in other games can be soloed, to the point that players start showing an attitude of entitlement when that's not the case. Also high on my list are the lore - though I still have a lot of catching-up to do, but I felt so happy that I recognised the tower teased in the last live stream! - the enemy AI which is looking very promising, the Perception system, the climbing - honestly, my jaw fell when I saw that vertical dungeon in a previous stream! I think Pantheon has a lot going for it and can't wait to get in the game.

• 1095 posts
    April 29, 2017 12:08 PM PDT

I'm most intrested in the Progeny system.

This post was edited by Aich at April 29, 2017 12:11 PM PDT
    • 201 posts
    April 29, 2017 5:55 PM PDT

Zeem said:

I'm most intrested in the Progeny system.

I can kinda agree with this statement, along with the rest...

But, sadly they have only vaguely hinted at what the Progeny System does. Obviously they don't wish to spoil to much for us, but can only be skeptical and interested in it at the same time.

Other than that, that was a good read and I am glad that Visionary Realms and Pantheon are getting some really good reviews and publicity.

• 902 posts
    April 30, 2017 3:23 AM PDT

I would mostly agree, except that my fifth place would be a rich vibrant community driven gaming experience.

Also a call out to a solid world base economy with varying pricing through out the realms.

Ok, I better stop there or it will be a (very easy) top 10

This post was edited by chenzeme at April 30, 2017 3:24 AM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    April 30, 2017 8:57 AM PDT

>commitment to a subscription model with no cash store. I would not have pledged if this wasn't clearly the case.<

Very important to me as well. When Elder Scrolls came out committed to this model I tried SO hard to like it. I failed. So did many others and now it is free play.

• 249 posts
    April 30, 2017 11:41 AM PDT

daemonios said: the enemy AI which is looking very promising, the Perception system, the climbing - honestly, my jaw fell when I saw that vertical dungeon in a previous stream! I think Pantheon has a lot going for it and can't wait to get in the game.

Bam. Spot on. Having to figure out ai is going to be a blast. The perception system is a fantastically organic way of doing the quests and making people pay attention to the world. It makes me want to explore. And to truly explore every zone means I'm going to have to go vertical! Which is awesome. I'm not sure if people aren't impressed by the climbing or what. I see it mentioned very little on here. However, it can create so much more content in each zone. For example...the cliff face on the zone edge may not be the real zone wall like it would be in other games...you could climb up(or down) and find an entire hidden village or a cave to explore etc etc. Perhaps theres an entire other level to the zone. Going to have to explore to find out...

• 72 posts
    April 30, 2017 4:08 PM PDT

The Ai is definitly something I look forward to, the days of old when enemies had various types of aggro systems and forms of detection.   Things like Goblins having better vision on a clear night, who can detect you not only by seeing you, but also smelling and tracking you by your scent path.  Yet, they have poor hearing making their radial perception of aggro being signifigantly lower.  They would chase you at low health so long as they had other goblins near to aid them but would otherwise run from you if they were alone and near death.  Those days of such level of detail was thought long lost, but not forgotten.

This post was edited by Farrinard at April 30, 2017 4:11 PM PDT
    • 1 posts
    April 30, 2017 8:36 PM PDT

I like the idea behind the perception system. I think it adds to what makes a Roleplaying game in-depth and challenging. It also seems to borrow from D&D, which is just fine in my opinion. While I do play many MMORPGs that do use the little ! above people's heads, I do enjoy tougher MMORPGs that force you to pay attention and do some detective work. I think it goes without saying, I'd love to experience this for myself. Looking forward to Alpha so we can try this out. Great job so far on the game guys - keep up the great work!

Ed

This post was edited by edpon at April 30, 2017 8:39 PM PDT
    • 99 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:48 PM PDT

My Top 5 would be something like

1. Group centric game.

2. Holy quaternity with usefull buffs to make a group alot more efficient with different classes.

3. Various pulling mechanics.

4. Death penalty that makes you not want to die and keeps the world exciting.

5. Progeny system and alternate advancement aviable besides just gear at max lvl.

Perception has to prove its worth to me first if done right it could be kinda cool like finding hidden treasure, spell inscriptions, doors, (add in anything imaginable) with enough skill not just quests. Very very rarely but mix n match and add conditions to discovery that change.

Climate can be fun but the infusion part didn really click for me i hope it does once i can test it. It just sounds like another way to be keyed for a zone. Farm cold infusions go there farm poison to go there and so on. I really hope there special ones wich add bonus stats to be usefull not just for climate reasons.But then theres the problem with best bonus stats only aviable in certain climates wich would not be fun to farm for all climates it should be universal bonus stats.

Btw the pushback of the wind in the newest stream was nice but i found it unrealistic it still blew behind the big door there should have been no wind there like realistic if you stay behind a big object no wind.

This post was edited by Ondark at April 30, 2017 9:49 PM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    May 7, 2017 8:17 AM PDT

Interested in being a Keeper and of course the Perception and climate systems. :)