Forums » News and Announcements

Series A Funding for Pantheon is now complete!

• April 27, 2017 5:26 AM PDT

Dreconic said:

Hate to be the pessimist here but it really sounds like more none VIP's are getting into the game to test, play what not before the earliest VIP backers....

Hey Dreconic,

Nope! That is not what it means.  Please bear in mind this press release does target non-gamers. It's really just a descriptor intended for the non-gamer audience. It lets people know that we are bringing in external testers (in this case, anyone who has contributed in some way that promised pre-alpha access) to test the game.

Public Testing is another way of saying the same thing to ensure that the vast public (not just our fans) know that we are opening our doors to include people outside of VR.  It's business-ese for "Hey this is not going to be just in-house anymore and we're really excited for that." 

You are all a big part of why this was able to happen when it happened and we would not be where we are without you.  So naturally, we would not go back on what we have said prior to this statement.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at April 27, 2017 5:27 AM PDT
    • 37 posts
    April 27, 2017 5:33 AM PDT

/happydance!

Well done!

Ari

• 201 posts
    April 27, 2017 8:26 AM PDT

This is great news...good to hear that outside funding is continuing to come in.

Also, I love curry pan....mmmm.

• 3852 posts
    April 27, 2017 9:03 AM PDT

Oh very very very good news!!!!!

Release is not guaranteed but this is an *enormous* step forward. My number one fear, despite general optimism, was that funds wouldn't be there to get us to alpha and beta. VR was giving every sign that things were going well but it is their *job* to put a positive spin on things (not to lie, of course but spin is a horse of a very different color).

Oh very very very good news!!!!

• 19 posts
    April 27, 2017 10:08 AM PDT

vjek said:

From the release:

" Series A funding allows the company to expand the team in almost every department and bring the game into a semi-private pre-alpha state where external testers and focus groups can begin sampling the game. " (bolding mine)

So, that's great to hear.   However, the last statement offers some potentially conflicting information:

" Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is scheduled to enter into public testing later this year. " (again, bolding mine)

If public testing isn't semi-private testing, this would seem to indicate a significant change in scheduling, when compared to other commentary earlier this year on pre-alpha, alpha, and beta timelines.

If public testing is semi-private testing, then.. why the different wording? hrm. :|

Semi-private is limited public testing , or public testing. Hard to say, keep us guessing. But it is a nice nugget to digest.

• 173 posts
    April 27, 2017 10:16 AM PDT

Amazing news guys.  So great to hear.  Great work all :)

• 511 posts
    April 27, 2017 10:41 AM PDT

daemonios said:

Dreconic said:

Hate to be the pessimist here but it really sounds like more none VIP's are getting into the game to test, play what not before the earliest VIP backers....

If you hate being the pessimist, don't be one :)

because sometimes when 95% of people are all saying something is great, you need that 5% to say something else :D

• 116 posts
    April 27, 2017 3:33 PM PDT

Joppa said:

Good things come to those who wait :)

I'm always reminded of the quote from History of the World: Part 1.

"Ah, but the servant waits, while the master baits."

• VR Staff
    • 31 posts
    April 27, 2017 5:14 PM PDT

antonius said:

This is great news...good to hear that outside funding is continuing to come in.

Also, I love curry pan....mmmm.

nom nom... :)

This post was edited by Kuripan at April 27, 2017 5:15 PM PDT
    • 34 posts
    April 27, 2017 8:36 PM PDT

That's fantastic news. Congratulations are in order!!

• 12 posts
    April 29, 2017 4:32 PM PDT

Congratulations!  Looking forward to more from you at VR.

• 151 posts
    May 1, 2017 2:22 AM PDT

Anticipated, Yes, we are the same.

• 3016 posts
    May 19, 2017 9:59 PM PDT

Joppa said:

Hmmm such as?  :D  "2014er" here :)

• 9115 posts
    May 19, 2017 10:17 PM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

Joppa said:

Hmmm such as?  :D  "2014er" here :)

Joppa was referring to us, the team, working hard and waiting patiently and then Series A funding comes along which was a very nice surprise for us as well as the community ;)

• 34 posts
    August 28, 2017 4:49 PM PDT

I think I can say for most people we are waiting with bated breath, this has been along time coming and we will have the game  we have been waiting years for good job.

• 4 posts
    September 1, 2017 2:35 PM PDT

Get those updrades to yo'alls PC's while you still can cause its a coming. :P

• 668 posts
    September 5, 2017 2:51 PM PDT

Good news to know their is extra support...  Good job VR

I am still out here, patiently waiting, just not on the forums as much.

• 160 posts
    September 6, 2017 1:11 PM PDT

Pyye said:

Good news to know their is extra support...  Good job VR

I am still out here, patiently waiting, just not on the forums as much.

Same here. I give a quick cruize through the forums for interesting titled new posts. Other than that its the same items being discussed that we discussed years back. 

I look forward to those emailed updates though. Those grab my attention fast.

• 4 posts
    September 13, 2017 3:53 PM PDT

Good to see that a milestone has been reached!  Understand that Series A means different things to different companies.  How many Series Funding events will there be for Pantheon?  Will we be going through a B, C, D and so on?  Or is it planned for less?

Thanks for your response.