Forums » News and Announcements

Series A Funding for Pantheon is now complete!

• VR Staff
    • 31 posts
    April 26, 2017 1:57 PM PDT

Itchies500 said:

What does this mean for those of us who put in Pledges?  will we still be the first Pre-Alpha Testers before it's opened up to others who haven't shelled out money? 

Yes.  And the investment helps us get that to you sooner.  But no, I'm not giving you a date! :-p

• 1095 posts
    April 26, 2017 2:05 PM PDT

Congrats!!

• 363 posts
    April 26, 2017 2:10 PM PDT

Great news for us all! Congrats!!!

• 3016 posts
    April 26, 2017 2:32 PM PDT

Omg so happy for you VR..its been a long road..*does the happy dance!*  Congratulations! :)

Cana

• 201 posts
    April 26, 2017 2:35 PM PDT

Kuripan said:

Itchies500 said:

What does this mean for those of us who put in Pledges?  will we still be the first Pre-Alpha Testers before it's opened up to others who haven't shelled out money? 

Yes.  And the investment helps us get that to you sooner.  But no, I'm not giving you a date! :-p

... What if I said pretty please!? with a Cherry on top! =)

This post was edited by Tootiredtocare at April 26, 2017 2:35 PM PDT
    • 37 posts
    April 26, 2017 2:38 PM PDT

Congratulations to VR.  Great news!

• 189 posts
    April 26, 2017 3:17 PM PDT
    Oh that is good news!
    • 441 posts
    April 26, 2017 4:12 PM PDT

Kuripan said:

Itchies500 said:

Thats even better news, quicker we get testing the sooner this game gets polished :)

EDIT: I would like to put in my vote that some of these funds be used to finish the Bard before release. I see you Necro in the back putting up your hand. I call firsties!!! Sorry.

This post was edited by Nanfoodle at April 26, 2017 4:31 PM PDT
    • 20 posts
    April 26, 2017 4:57 PM PDT

Congrats, team! This is very exciting news!

• 271 posts
    April 26, 2017 5:30 PM PDT

Very good news actually.

I still think the market for "old" school MMOs is larger than what most would think; just that the year being 2017, standards have risen*. What this investment could amount to, in terms of polish and overall aesthetics/performance, could be just what's needed to significantly expand Pantheon's player base.

*i distinctly recall what happened after Vanguard became f2p. A lot of volunteers, until they were reminded the actual state of the game. Killed the nostalgia right off. Like i said, standards have risen. Not a bad thing either :)

Well done Pantheon. Hopefully someone will come and clarify whether/to what extent stock has changed hands and/or under what terms.

This post was edited by Aenra at April 26, 2017 5:31 PM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    April 26, 2017 5:34 PM PDT

BenD said:

Full press release is at http://visionaryrealms.com/visionary-realms-closes-series-a-funding-for-highly-anticipated-videogame-pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen/

This is such good news.  Visionary Realms is so deserving of this. 

• 1618 posts
    April 26, 2017 6:20 PM PDT

Aenra said:

Well done Pantheon. Hopefully someone will come and clarify whether/to what extent stock has changed hands and/or under what terms.

The are a private company, not public. By definition, they don't have to share their financial details and they won't. It's none of our business who gave them money. Just be happy they got it and hope for more.

This post was edited by Beefcake at April 26, 2017 6:24 PM PDT
    • 279 posts
    April 26, 2017 6:26 PM PDT

Nice work!

So how high does the alpahbet count too?

• 45 posts
    April 26, 2017 6:53 PM PDT

It’s good news to hear that VR is trucking along from the financial standpoint. Being financial stable for the game production and continuing on after the game is released with steady funds coming in is a welcoming sound. I wonder how all the nay sayers from the beginning months/years are feeling now regarding the game.

I’m a side not. Not sure how everybody else feels but I’m willing to pay more monthly than the standard $15 a month to keep the game trucking along. Yes, I know I have free life time but my wife plays too and we’ll pay for her account.

• 44 posts
    April 26, 2017 7:47 PM PDT

Great news here!  We are rooting for you.  Patiently awaiting this game.  *cheers*

This post was edited by Brunt at April 26, 2017 7:48 PM PDT
    • 510 posts
    April 26, 2017 7:55 PM PDT

Who are we kidding?  Bloodmage > Necro

Just saying...

• 220 posts
    April 26, 2017 8:25 PM PDT
    That's great news! VR can now establish it's value to a greater range of investors! That has been a major roadblock for me dishing out 1k for a game! I Hope to see something come up that has tangible value for those of us willing to take a chance! Keep it up!
    • 23 posts
    April 26, 2017 8:32 PM PDT

Very cool! Looking forward to what's to come! Thanks for all those at VR and this awesome community for everything everyone has done. You all rock!

• 40 posts
    April 26, 2017 11:15 PM PDT

Great news VR. :)

• 9 posts
    April 27, 2017 12:06 AM PDT

Excellent news VR, congratulations!

• 511 posts
    April 27, 2017 12:20 AM PDT

Hate to be the pessimist here but it really sounds like more none VIP's are getting into the game to test, play what not before the earliest VIP backers....

• 542 posts
    April 27, 2017 1:43 AM PDT

Congratulations <3

No doubt it will allow them to grow and follow the vision,keeping up the standards and goals they have set for the quality and features of the game.
    Budget can be a roadblock
    It is also in human nature always being in a rush.I often hear people say -time is money-
    But achieving quality also takes time.

Good things come to those who wait indeed

It is good to have tangible goals
    The resources available previous year and what is available now;
    Suddenly things that seemed nice-to-have back a year ago
    can turn into things-we-can-easily-have now
    Like a parties for a starter <3

Kuripan said:

Itchies500 said:

I'd love to date
    Maybe see one between a Skar and Dark Myr
    Or,even better yet,an Ogre and a Halfling <3

• 15 posts
    April 27, 2017 2:22 AM PDT

Aenra said:

Very good news actually.

I still think the market for "old" school MMOs is larger than what most would think; just that the year being 2017, standards have risen*. What this investment could amount to, in terms of polish and overall aesthetics/performance, could be just what's needed to significantly expand Pantheon's player base.

*i distinctly recall what happened after Vanguard became f2p. A lot of volunteers, until they were reminded the actual state of the game. Killed the nostalgia right off. Like i said, standards have risen. Not a bad thing either :)

Well said. I'm glad MMO users of today realize it's good to get back to our roots. Everything that made an MMO special I've always found in Brad's vision. 

I am overcome with what I feel Pantheon will revisit, while also setting new precedents of its own.

Deeply anticipating this is an understatement for many of us I'm sure. We are all in good company here. 

Can't wait for the upcoming years spent in game with you all xD!

• 159 posts
    April 27, 2017 4:14 AM PDT

Dreconic said:

Hate to be the pessimist here but it really sounds like more none VIP's are getting into the game to test, play what not before the earliest VIP backers....

If you hate being the pessimist, don't be one :) Why exactly do you think more non-VIPs are getting into the game? I saw nothing in the announcement to that effect. The only person I've seen playing Pantheon with the devs is CohhCarnage (I may have missed others) but still I think it's a good thing that VR can show us something while we wait for pre-Alpha (or, in my case, Beta). Creating hype by "using" popular streamers is very different from pre-Alpha, Alpha and Beta testing, where we'll be supposed to contribute bug reports and the like to the VR team...

• 72 posts
    April 27, 2017 4:23 AM PDT

Congratulations!  I assume this means that development will be much smoother and efficent now?