Forums » Support

Question?

• 8 posts
    April 19, 2017 9:27 AM PDT

Hello everyone,

I just joined the game today and bought the pathfinders pledge.  It said it came with alpha and beta access so I am wonder how one would download the client to be ready for that or if they send me a link in my email or how this works.  It wasn't explained well in any of the posts or videos I've seen for the game.  I was a long time EQ veteran and am really looking forward to this.

Thank you in advance!

• 1582 posts
    April 19, 2017 9:32 AM PDT

Welcome! The game is still early in development, so the client is not available for download yet. Pre-Alpha will probably come along within the next few months, allowing VIP members to test the game. The game is expected to be in testing for about a year, through alpha and beta, although exact times are still unknown. You will be notified via e-mail when your pledge tier is allowed access to the client during the appropriate testing phase. VR will make it very clear - don't worry. But in the meantime, enjoy reading and discussing on these development forums. You may want to read the FAQ to get you up to speed here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/

Also, FYI, there is going to be a live stream on Twitch on April 27th to showcase the progress the devs have made.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at April 19, 2017 9:33 AM PDT
    • 8 posts
    April 19, 2017 9:36 AM PDT

Oh wow ok, I was watching a video from nearly a year ago where they said alpha was already a thing.  I guess I thought after a year it would be closer to a working model. Thank you for the quick response.

• 267 posts
    April 19, 2017 9:38 AM PDT

Welcome Magics3! yes they haven't said anything about it and there is no set date for there Alpha/Beta release as of yet.  But it's nice to see you joined us man/woman and i hope you have a lil bit of fun on these forums and give us some of your ideas, it would be nice to hear them!

• 8 posts
    April 19, 2017 9:46 AM PDT

Honestly ever since the release of EQ2 (which don't get me wrong I enjoyed immensly) I have felt that MMO's have been flowing in the wrong direction; with the exception of Vanguard.  I was very disappointed to see Vanguard fail and I played it frequently to see if any of the major issues with it were ever addressed (they weren't).

For the most part I have been playing MMOBAs like Smite to satisfy that online gaming itch but this game and where the development is going has me very excited.

Also i'm a man =p

• 1582 posts
    April 19, 2017 9:46 AM PDT

Magics3 said:

Oh wow ok, I was watching a video from nearly a year ago where they said alpha was already a thing.  I guess I thought after a year it would be closer to a working model. Thank you for the quick response.

ah, the terminology is sometimes a bit confusing, but the good news is that you haven't missed anything. They are taking their time to make sure that the game is as high quality as possible and that there is enough content for VIPs to test in Pre-Alpha to make it worth their while. A lot of progess was shown between the last two streams, and we can expect to see a lot more progress in the next stream. Even in its current state, it looks better than most games at launch, so there's nothing wrong with having high standards and getting the most out of your testers. Like I said, the entire testing stage (Pre-Alpha to Beta) will be roughly a year in whole, but a lot of things can change:

"Pre-Pre-Alpha" development (internal VR): Current

Pre-Alpha testing (VIPs): Soon

Alpha testing (Champions): Unknown

Beta testing (Supporters): Unknown

Launch (Public): Unknown

As they say, good things come to those wait haha. Glad to help! Happy to have you - I think you will find that a lot of people here are in a similar situation as you when it comes to dissatisfaction with the current genre.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at April 19, 2017 9:50 AM PDT
    • 345 posts
    April 19, 2017 1:42 PM PDT

Magics3 said:

If you remember the video, post a comment that alpha isnt even ready yet. Putting false info out there for people, isnt a good thing.

It is in build mode. We wont be getting any alpha for awhile.

• 5680 posts
    April 19, 2017 5:37 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Magics3 said:

ah, the terminology is sometimes a bit confusing, but the good news is that you haven't missed anything. They are taking their time to make sure that the game is as high quality as possible and that there is enough content for VIPs to test in Pre-Alpha to make it worth their while. A lot of progess was shown between the last two streams, and we can expect to see a lot more progress in the next stream. Even in its current state, it looks better than most games at launch, so there's nothing wrong with having high standards and getting the most out of your testers. Like I said, the entire testing stage (Pre-Alpha to Beta) will be roughly a year in whole, but a lot of things can change:

"Pre-Pre-Alpha" development (internal VR): Current

Pre-Alpha testing (VIPs): Soon

Alpha testing (Champions): Unknown

Beta testing (Supporters): Unknown

Launch (Public): Unknown

As they say, good things come to those wait haha. Glad to help! Happy to have you - I think you will find that a lot of people here are in a similar situation as you when it comes to dissatisfaction with the current genre.

Thanks Baz, I have also moved this to Support as it is a question related to testing and not General Pantheon.

We will announce when each testing phase is ready to those who are eligible for it, so be sure to keep an eye out for that information down the track :)