Forums » The Summoner

Will it be like EQ's magician?

• 1 posts
    April 14, 2017 2:31 PM PDT

Will the Summoner be similar to EQ's magician?

I nevered played magician in EQ, I played shaman but I always wanted to play a pet class that was on par with EQ's pet classes. Where the whole class revoles around their pet. However, in all the newer MMOs, I have been drifting through, pets are really just more like DoTs wtih legs. So I am really intrested in the Summoner class and finally filling that desire to play a true pet class. I just hope it does not trun out to be another sub mage class that is followed around by a walking DoT.  

This post was edited by Jeremiahcp at April 14, 2017 2:34 PM PDT
    • 87 posts
    April 14, 2017 3:33 PM PDT

I hope so. I hope that Mages and Necromancers are pet classes and maybe enchanters get something too. Wizards with familiars. Vanity pets for everyone...

I would think that some classes could/would get temporary pets like...Summonable for 50 seconds or something either for combat or buffs. Like maybe bards could summon a puppet that taunts for 4 seconds heavily like a string puppet or something. 

I dont know just thinking out loud! Haha!

• 267 posts
    April 16, 2017 6:17 PM PDT

I'm sure the summoner could possible be like the magician in EQ and maybe even more so since they are called "Summoners" as in they will obviously be summoning pets to aid them in battle and possibly even have certain spells that summon something for a limited time that does damage to a target like how the rain spells that had 3 waves to them, who knows but it would be interesting, but if they did i would say these certain spells probably had them around for maybe like 2-4 attacks or easily killable and caused a lot of aggro so the target would kill them off before they were like a 2nd pet.

• 72 posts
    April 22, 2017 3:50 PM PDT

Saddly we just dont know enough yet to be able to say for sure. I have hope we will see the Summoner in action on a Live stream soon. Brad spelled it wrong in the lastest video I hvae no idea why he thinks it is spelled M-O-N-K but what can I do. I also hope it is similar yet updated to the Magician from EQ as i loved that class.