Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The kickstarter page.

This topic has been closed.
    • 801 posts
    March 29, 2017 12:27 PM PDT

I was looking today for some updates on other sites and i see mention of the kickstarter page has been updated. Good stuff, and good write up.

I did read a comment on another round of KS? maybe in the future, as Pantheon kickstarter was too early before.

When roughly do you plan to start doing this? I was debating to update, but if KS is available down the road i may invest in that instead of updating pledges.

Just asking, i am sure someone will link me 5000 pages of already mentioned threads... like normal.

Edit, was debating maybe doing both... just thinking about it.

This post was edited by Crazzie at March 29, 2017 12:30 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    March 29, 2017 2:08 PM PDT

From what I can tell, the second kickstarter is just a rumor. I haven't been able to find the least bit of confirmation on this. Someone else can correct me with a link if I'm wrong. Perhaps it was just misunderstood when Brad was updating the page info. I'm not saying VR has completely ruled it out as option, but they also haven't actually said it's true. Unless I totally missed something. Again, if somebody is going to make claims, back it up with a link.

Anyway, while there's not 5000 of them and these threads are from last year, here's some existing discussions about why a second kickstarter probably wouldn't do them much good:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3299/plans-for-a-kickstarter

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2675/another-kickstarter

This post was edited by Bazgrim at March 29, 2017 2:12 PM PDT
    • 1399 posts
    March 29, 2017 2:24 PM PDT
    • 363 posts
    March 29, 2017 2:46 PM PDT

The second kickstarter is just a rumor, don't believe the nonsense that some of these unfaithfuls are posting. If you don't hear it from VR, then disregard.

• 9115 posts
    March 29, 2017 4:00 PM PDT

The only update was a post from Brad saying we have done a bunch of work since the KS failed, the KS itself is not active or updated and shouldn;t be a point of reference. We have not stated anything about a second Kickstarter, I wouldn't believe rumours and instead, wait until you hear it from us, I have no knowledge of anything like that happening :)

I am going to go ahead and close this because it is a duplicate thread and has been discussed and answered previously and I have answered it again, there is no need for discussion around this topic now. 

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at March 29, 2017 4:01 PM PDT