Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Everquest Agnarr Progression Server - PoP Locked

• 51 posts
    May 24, 2017 5:48 PM PDT

I made a bard named Shadilay. I accidentally started in Qeynos but I think I'm going to make the most of it.

Erudite necro named Typhon. Anyone on that side of Antonica want to group, send me a tell.

This post was edited by Typhon at May 25, 2017 1:18 PM PDT
    • 1618 posts
    May 24, 2017 6:01 PM PDT

Got wife and my names. Happy.

• May 24, 2017 8:47 PM PDT

I've gotten in.  Level 3 shaman in Halas.  Did anyone get to create a guild?

• 13 posts
    May 24, 2017 11:27 PM PDT

I couldn't even get in before work(6 hours worth of queues timing out). Will try when I get home in the morning.  I also potentially lost my name to the character deletion issue with crashing during character entering world.  I will use Korseth until I can get a ticket in for them to change back to Korsith if that is the case. nvm still got it

This post was edited by BeaZt28 at May 25, 2017 4:47 AM PDT
    • 13 posts
    May 25, 2017 9:47 PM PDT
    Look out for Vagrants of Terminus. Already a few of us guilded up there.
    • 18 posts
    May 26, 2017 1:42 AM PDT

hey, im a lvl 4 erud paladin. id join yas in guild if you dont mind. i play 20+ hours a week depending on work. my play hours vary, but i ussually am on everyday

Atereb is char name

• 41 posts
    May 26, 2017 12:02 PM PDT

Any EU based guild that's planning on raiding?

• 3016 posts
    May 29, 2017 7:54 AM PDT

Playing a wizard on Agnarr,   I'm slow poking along behind the rest of my guild,   hit level ten yesterday..some are already level 45.  (I don't have that kind of time or dedication hehe)  Go TDC :D

• 3016 posts
    May 29, 2017 7:55 AM PDT

BeaZt28 said: Look out for Vagrants of Terminus. Already a few of us guilded up there.

yup I saw a couple of you in Butcher Block recently. :)

• 17 posts
    May 29, 2017 8:40 PM PDT

OTG and VoT are over there as Whispers of Pantheon. Very busy, great bunch of people. Good to see so many familiar and new faces.

And TRAIN!!! dang, died a lot in Blackburrow tonight. hehe

This post was edited by Saoirse at June 21, 2017 5:19 PM PDT
    • 22 posts
    May 30, 2017 7:09 AM PDT

Currently playing a Cleric (Baellie) on Agnarr. Likely end up also starting up some alts as time goes on. At least until I have the chance to start getting into Pantheon proper. :)

• 9 posts
    June 4, 2017 12:48 AM PDT

I just started Aveenia (WE DRU) and Lilibat (DE CLR)

• 14 posts
    June 6, 2017 2:51 PM PDT

Hey guys, I have just started to consider rolling a toon on agnarr, but I have never played eq and right now is a little late to the party. Having said that, are there lots of people yet in starter areas to group up with if i joined now? Thanks

• 13 posts
    June 6, 2017 11:45 PM PDT
    There are still plenty of people in starter areas. Just rolled my bard and druid alts and still see roughly 100 people in gfay between the 2 instances.
    • 13 posts
    June 9, 2017 9:32 AM PDT

While it's enjoyable, it's not the original EQ experience (although that'll never be duplicated, anywhere, so go in with that expectation).  So far, it seems like there's something for everyone: a lot of activity in the low/mid level zones, and a lot of serverwide raid kill messages.  My character is Blinkor - 31 Enchanter, typically on daily with a group of friends dungeoning somewhere.  Like a lot of others here, Agnarr appears to be where my time will be spent until Pantheon. ;)

• 109 posts
    June 12, 2017 5:38 PM PDT

Have you guys noticed how many people are talking about Pantheon on Agnarr? 

I am amazed at the number of people who think Pantheon is pure Vaporware and will never see the light of day. 

They all talk about how little is done and think the streams are well placed and rehersed to give an illusion that they have a lot done but in reality they have a few areas polished up for demo purposes and that 80% of the game is not even close to 'done'. (we know its not 'done' because it hasn't hit pre alpha/alpha yet, they mean like most of the game is Missing/not there at all) 

I see stuff like this is every other group it seems. While everyone is talking about it, 70% of those talking about it think it's vaporware or that if it does release, it will be one small continent and go no where after that. They think Brad might release it in the same condition as VG. Half baked and not finished. 

The reason I find this so disturbing is that even pledges and supporters are saying this in groups. 

Do people on these boards and supporters/pledges really think Pantheon is DOA? 

I always tell them I disagree, I was just kind of taken back at how many on these boards are basically saying, "it will likely never happen, but I gave $100 etc just in case . "

One guy claimed to have given a $500 pledge but he thinks the game is going to end up vaporware... 

This post was edited by Naim at June 12, 2017 5:45 PM PDT
    • 839 posts
    June 12, 2017 7:25 PM PDT

Naim said:

Have you guys noticed how many people are talking about Pantheon on Agnarr? 

I am amazed at the number of people who think Pantheon is pure Vaporware and will never see the light of day. 

They all talk about how little is done and think the streams are well placed and rehersed to give an illusion that they have a lot done but in reality they have a few areas polished up for demo purposes and that 80% of the game is not even close to 'done'. (we know its not 'done' because it hasn't hit pre alpha/alpha yet, they mean like most of the game is Missing/not there at all) 

I see stuff like this is every other group it seems. While everyone is talking about it, 70% of those talking about it think it's vaporware or that if it does release, it will be one small continent and go no where after that. They think Brad might release it in the same condition as VG. Half baked and not finished. 

The reason I find this so disturbing is that even pledges and supporters are saying this in groups. 

Do people on these boards and supporters/pledges really think Pantheon is DOA? 

I always tell them I disagree, I was just kind of taken back at how many on these boards are basically saying, "it will likely never happen, but I gave $100 etc just in case . "

One guy claimed to have given a $500 pledge but he thinks the game is going to end up vaporware... 

Hey Naim,

Hasnt been my experience on there, everyone i have chatted with about it is keen as mustard and excitedly waiting for launch!  I am playing very casually though, so i probably havnt crossed paths with very many hardcore players.

• 3237 posts
    June 13, 2017 7:26 AM PDT

Personally, I would much rather see an update to the FAQ and additional class reveals than another stream.  I would like to establish some sort of connection with the warrior I plan on playing but don't really have much to go off of beyond "The Warrior seemingly defies limits of physical strength, ability and resilience. However, not content with fortitude alone, he also refines his mind, becoming a master strategist in battle."  VR has done a great job showing off the potential for the game with the streams.  The game looks really good and it's clearly only going to get way better.  I don't need to see it to believe it though ... I just want to better understand the plan behind some of the core features for the game.

It seems ambiguity peaks in the areas I am most interested in learning more about.  Progeny for example ... rather than having a solid explanation on how it will work, we were told to look up remort from MUD's.  Instead of finding answers, it only lead to more questions. This is only my opinion, of course, but I would always prefer information to absorb over watching a stream.  At the end of the day, I fully support VR and am willing to wait as long as necessary before the game actually launches or even opens up to testing.  For me, it's not "when" that is important ... it's "how"  --  take your time, we will get there!

This post was edited by oneADseven at June 13, 2017 7:27 AM PDT
    • 109 posts
    June 13, 2017 8:07 PM PDT

oneADseven said:

Personally, I would much rather see an update to the FAQ and additional class reveals than another stream.  I would like to establish some sort of connection with the warrior I plan on playing but don't really have much to go off of beyond "The Warrior seemingly defies limits of physical strength, ability and resilience. However, not content with fortitude alone, he also refines his mind, becoming a master strategist in battle."  VR has done a great job showing off the potential for the game with the streams.  The game looks really good and it's clearly only going to get way better.  I don't need to see it to believe it though ... I just want to better understand the plan behind some of the core features for the game.

It seems ambiguity peaks in the areas I am most interested in learning more about.  Progeny for example ... rather than having a solid explanation on how it will work, we were told to look up remort from MUD's.  Instead of finding answers, it only lead to more questions. This is only my opinion, of course, but I would always prefer information to absorb over watching a stream.  At the end of the day, I fully support VR and am willing to wait as long as necessary before the game actually launches or even opens up to testing.  For me, it's not "when" that is important ... it's "how"  --  take your time, we will get there!

I have to agree with you here. The "class" page has nearly zero info about any class. of course I saw the streams, so that helps me to understand what the class is like. 

Going by class descriptions on the class page the Cleric (which I plan to play) "can heal" "also carries a magic bubble"  ... great info... 

• 109 posts
    June 13, 2017 8:10 PM PDT

Hokanu said:

Hey Naim,

Hasnt been my experience on there, everyone i have chatted with about it is keen as mustard and excitedly waiting for launch!  I am playing very casually though, so i probably havnt crossed paths with very many hardcore players.

I am playing nearly every single day and I am a cleric, so I can't do anything at all unless I group, so I see a LOT of groups. 

Like I said, there are Pledges, on these boards, telling groups they think Pantheon is vaporware. I'm like, why would you pledge if you even remotely think that??? 

Don't get me wrong, there are ALSO many others that are excited and are playing EQ waiting for Pantheon. I am one of them. 

And I believe in Pantheon or I wouldn't be giving money montly. 

This post was edited by Naim at June 13, 2017 8:12 PM PDT