Forums » Expansion Classes

Necromancers

• 17 posts
    August 31, 2018 11:15 AM PDT

My favorite class from Everquest ("evercrack"} and better than any other mmo class, my opinion of course, and probably most hated/jealous of all classes in eq until mages could solo better as a class at higher levels in later expansions- I  will be playing filler class(s) until then.  FYI-I started playing EQ1 when Kunark came out and my iksar sk was my 2nd favorite pseudo but tanking wanna-be plate -wearing- necro who could also solo content better than most, each had their pros/cons as far as survivability, etc. But regardless, necro still my favorite class, and the closest I came outside of mmo genre would be the "undead/banned" line/spellschool of spells in the older Elder Scrolls RPG's.

But I have found that if any class because too successful ( i/e i know how to use my class better than you) , people get jealous, the community starts to complain, and then they nerf said class to make the majority happy because 1) they just not successful at that class 2) their own class was not meant to solo that particular mob. Maybe a sort of balancing goes out in other ways...your class is understood by others better so invited to group so can get into content I cant? it doesnt mean that either scenario is bad in itself. Can of course balance it so that i could get into that group because of utility spells that are much more useful in group and is limited by my/your spellbar during combat?

This post was edited by Brendiven at August 31, 2018 11:22 AM PDT
    • 35 posts
    September 11, 2018 11:51 AM PDT

Spells like Creeping Crud.

• 190 posts
    October 5, 2018 9:36 AM PDT

I will be very happy to see the necromancer be added into the class lineup. This being one of my favorite classes to play and one that I played the most back in the day. Hopefully they will keep each class somewhat pure, "You want me to rez you? sure, I will raise your cold dead corpse into a enslaved minion who will for once listen." A necromancer is a master/mistress of death, a puppeteer of mayhem, and possibly the most violent dps machine. I was ne'er a big advocate for trying to make the necromancer a healer or mana battery, that's what the cleric is for and it looks to me that they have built into the game several different ways to regenerate mana. If the tank cannot deal with stacked dots and keep aggro, migth be time to find a new tank. Of course we all know about opinions. ymmv.

From what I have seen and read so far, the dev team will do fabulous.

cheers.

This post was edited by renartlefox at October 9, 2018 8:35 AM PDT
    • 315 posts
    October 9, 2018 1:59 AM PDT

I realized all I really want is the Diablo II necromancer.