Forums » Expansion Classes

Necromancers

• 13 posts
    March 17, 2017 1:25 PM PDT

This is the class that I want to play the most. I was so happy when they said that they were going to be in, even if not at launch.

Would love to see new spells like:

Liquify Bone - Instant - Any Target (But extra damage/effect on Undead)

Low levels would render a target's extremity useless (ie: arm flopping around like a wet noodle)

Higher levels (critical hit) would literally liquify every bone in a mobs body (ie: the mob would collapse into a gelatinous blob)

Chain Lifetap - Lifetap Over Time - Any Target

When cast on a mob, the spell would (visibly) chain to any nearby others. The amount of the lifetap component would be the same, but the damage delt would be spread out across all mobs affected.

example:

Cast on one mob, heals caster for 60hp, damages that mob for 60hp.

Cast on one mob with two others in the area, would still heal the caster for 60hp, but the three mobs would receive 20 damage each.

Channel Anger - Instant - Undead Target

When cast on a mob, the undead mob would "hate" whoever is highest on the agro list.

Group Feign Death - Instant - Group (long recast time)

For getting everyone's butt out of a pinch.

Illusion Undead - Instant - Self and/or Group

Not just the illusion, but have it so it can actually fake out undead mobs. In other words, replace invis to undead with this.

Bone Trap - Instant - Any Target (longer effect if targets are undead)

When cast, a trap will be placed on the ground where the caster is standing (that has a visible area of effect), and will root any mob that enters that area for the duration. Higher levels has larger area of effect)

Eerie Eye - Instant - Single Target (limited range)

Similar to Eye of Zomm in EQ, but has the ability to "tag" mobs within it's short range.

Bone Spiked Barrier - Instant - Any Target

Summon a bone barricade in the direction caster is facing. Blocks (and damages) whatever hits it for the duration of the spell.

Shared Suffering - Duration - Group

Averages all incoming damage across the entire party.

Disturbed Earth - Instant - Area

Summons random undead that are "buried" within the area of effect. (Undead things of varying species will climb up out of the ground, and attack anything that has agro on the party)

--

More ideas for spells to come. These were just some off the top of my head.

• 251 posts
    August 8, 2017 8:23 PM PDT

All any true Necromancer needs is a sack full of bonechips and a source of fresh(or less fresh) corpses.  You need parts to fashion your Abomination, skeletal minions to do your bidding, and an unquenchable thirst for more power.  Everything else is just Hipster Warlock nonsense.  I mean who wants to follow Warlock trends?  They have to trick demons into borrowing them power.  What good is that when you could just transcend death and become a Lich? You can just keep the power for yourself.  Warlocks pfft.  Lazy magic.  And don't get me started on the Druids stealing Faerie Magic, or the Wizards and their Familiars.

Necromancy is a purest pursuit.  I refuse to serve Demons or the Faerie.  They will serve me or die, then their bones will serve me.  It matters not.

• 33 posts
    September 28, 2017 8:15 AM PDT

This topic is relavent to my interests.  Warlocks have a purpose ZennExile, lest we forget how dirty castles and caves can get without them.  That being said we shouldn't confuse any of the aforementioned classes as much more than servants and peasants either.  Shame that really, what is life really without at least a challenge now and then.  Blissfully evil I suppose, just the way I like it.

This post was edited by Frostyglitch at September 28, 2017 8:34 AM PDT
    • 8 posts
    October 10, 2017 12:48 AM PDT

IT saddens me that they may not be included for launch =(, but we must leave it to the design team, they have a vision and we must not interfere. I think everquest nailed it with the Necromancer class, never have a seen a better integration than there. It could use a couple of tweaks early on to make them more appealing to groups however, and there never really was a reason to have their pets far weaker than mage counterparts.

• 1 posts
    October 11, 2017 10:25 AM PDT

If this  is the mmo we all want to be Eq like then if no necro : no release ! 

it's really as simple as that! do  you imagine  a mmo without a main heal / tank class? 

Of course not, then why without necro !

This post was edited by Eclipse at October 11, 2017 10:26 AM PDT
    • 119 posts
    October 11, 2017 8:13 PM PDT

Ive always loved necromancers.  Played one FOREVER in EQ1 and always tried to find relevant classes in other games.

That being said, i think its almost a blessing that Necros seemingly wont be included at launch... as it will allow me to play my 2nd or 3rd loves... Tank or Healer <3