Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Dear Kilsin, A Social Media Suggestion

• 187 posts
    March 17, 2017 3:56 AM PDT

Giveaways.

Listen, guys, it's super easy and pretty cheap to get a coffee mug printed with the VR Logo and an image from, say, your concept art. Make ONE mug per month or something. Then, do a "like and share on facebook" rafflecopter giveaway (https://www.rafflecopter.com/) of the mug. Next month a t-shirt. Etc.

These would be HIGHLY sought after and fans would be intensely motivated to like and share across all social medias. I rarely if ever share, but even I would like and share for a chance to get a very special one-of-a-kind Pantheon-related bling. And you can get it super duper cheap because what people will want is the fact that "Yeah, I waited around during pre-alpha. Need proof? I won the raffle for an official giveaway mug. I'll send you a pic." Must be an established blog, cannot be created for the purpose of this competition. Can say it must receive X visits per month to qualify, etc.

This is very small thing that is SUPER easy for you to do, very cheap, and will make the winning fan extremely happy and proud for years to come.

I'm just sayin'!

Giveaway idea #2. Blogging blitz.

Create a competition for gamer bloggers with a small "pile" of bling. A couple of bookmarks, a mug, a t-shirt. Lay down the rules of the blogging blitz:

Link your blog post here (whever you choose, say on facebook). The blog post must include what you are excited about in the last twitch stream. It must include a link to the stream, to the Pantheon website, and to a donation page. It cannot contain sales or affiliate links, it cannot contain anything graphic or otherwise offensive in nature, etc. Must be an established blog, not created for the sole purpose of this competition. Can include a certain number of visitors per month to qualify if you want.

Winner takes the bling pile.

This post was edited by Amris at March 17, 2017 4:05 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    March 17, 2017 5:15 AM PDT

I like your enthusiasm, my friend, I actually have a huge list of things I would like to do (which include giveaways and competitions of various kinds among many other things saved on a 10+ page word document of community goodness) but I have to wait for more game related content/testing etc. to do a lot of it.

We have already held a competition and handed out pledges to the winners (https://www.facebook.com/pantheonmmo/posts/1762316363982896?), we have also had Voices of Terminus pool together to buy pledges and hand them out as prizes for their competitions but until we get further in development and testing, I won't be able to do anymore.

Just like how you folks are patiently waiting for the stream, testing etc. know that I am patiently waiting to open the floodgates to start pumping out CM content like this! 

Hopefully, it won't be too much longer :)

I moved this to Off-Topic as it is Media/PR/CM related not General Pantheon :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at March 17, 2017 5:16 AM PDT
    • 187 posts
    March 17, 2017 6:55 AM PDT

I saw Aradune say something about being better at social media. I hadn't seen you guys doing this, and he seems keen to get the word out. Just thought I'd toss the ideas out there.

This post was edited by Amris at March 17, 2017 7:33 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    March 17, 2017 7:18 AM PDT

Exclusive VR bling? Count me in!

• 208 posts
    March 17, 2017 3:01 PM PDT

Just wait till ya see My Island :)  That was a give away I won WWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY back in the first year o the game starting development..

• 9115 posts
    March 17, 2017 5:59 PM PDT

Amris said:

I saw Aradune say something about being better at social media. I hadn't seen you guys doing this, and he seems keen to get the word out. Just thought I'd toss the ideas out there.

I can assure you I know man, I work with him lol, I know what needs to be done and am waiting to be given the green light to go ahead with all of my content and ideas, once we get into testing you will start to see us ramp it up. ;)

• 9115 posts
    March 17, 2017 6:01 PM PDT

Sogotp said:

Just wait till ya see My Island :)  That was a give away I won WWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY back in the first year o the game starting development..

You may want to put a support ticket in to give the team as much information as possible, those giveaways were under the old team and handed out pretty casually while they streamed world building etc. we have changed a lot since then and it would be worth speaking to support about it so we can work something out.

• 208 posts
    March 18, 2017 2:44 PM PDT

Will do :)  I talked with Mont about it a year or so ago he said he knew about it but I will start the support ticket anyways..

• 9115 posts
    March 18, 2017 9:44 PM PDT

Sogotp said:

Will do :)  I talked with Mont about it a year or so ago he said he knew about it but I will start the support ticket anyways..

Awesome :)