Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Styx Shards of Darkness

• 1778 posts
    March 14, 2017 2:30 PM PDT

Came out today and I cant wait to get home and play it. Its not for everyone. But its a pretty hardcore stealth action game if its any thing like the first. No run and gun so to speak. Detection ends up either fleeing back into the shadows or death.

Usual rules apply: avoid detection, move in shadow, dont allow alarms to sound, avoid search lights, use stealth attacks only, use distractions, hide the bodies (muhahaha).

• 2886 posts
    March 14, 2017 2:54 PM PDT

I've started playing Hitman lately and this sounds pretty similar. I don't usually play rogue types in MMOs, but that's probably just because the stealth mechanics aren't usually very exciting. I almost always love games that are totally centered around being a sneaky sneaker lol.

• 1778 posts
    March 14, 2017 4:27 PM PDT

Oh yea Im a fiend for a good stealth game. Probably started waaay back with the original Tenchu Stealth Assassins, but became an absolute obsession with the arrival of MGS2 (the only time golden exclamation points over an npc head were ever exceptable lol).

Ive got 5 basic game genres I NEED (yes like air):

1. Stealth Action

2. Action RPGs (from Skyrim to Dark Souls)

3. Strategy RPGs like Original Sin, etc

4. Survival Horror (wasnt impressed with RE7)

5. Pantheon (lol this isnt really a genre but it is the only new MMO worth a damn to me).

It sounds like you might like this game. If not having the bestest graphics isnt an issue, then you should be good.

• 2886 posts
    March 14, 2017 6:01 PM PDT

Interesting. My main character in Skyrim is actually Sneak-based because I think the Stealth mechanics in that game are actually very good and that makes it such a fun playstyle. Even though it's not specifically a stealth game, Skyrim just does everything right :P

• 1778 posts
    March 14, 2017 6:27 PM PDT

I agree with that too. There are a couple of different games that I have played (including Skyrim) that can be played all he man gung ho bullet storm, but I choose to play the stealth angle instead. Though a few guilty pleasures are found in Borderlands and Destiny. But those mostly only because its with local friends, not sure Id have the motivation otherwise.