Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Favorite Everquest Moments

• 22 posts
    March 13, 2017 2:08 AM PDT

These are just a few of my favorite Everquest moments, but I wanted to share.

Solusek's Eye
    My Solusek's Eye group has decided to call it a night. We had been leveling together for hours and it had gotten a bit too late in the night to easily find replacements. I could have gated out being a Cleric, but I wanted to make sure my Paladin friend made it out safely. We had been pulling along the route to the entrance in preparation of leaving, so the way was clear and we didn't run into any trouble....... Until my friend fell off the ledge into the lava.

Standing from above, I healed him while he looked for a route out of the lava. He would wonder out of sight and start losing too much health... eventually pulling back to where I could see him. He was exhausted and having too much trouble finding a way out that didn't involve dying.

In my bag was a Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap with it's single charge of a teleportation spell. I had an idea. I had him press into the wall, I found the cap in my bag, and then I jumped in after him. As my Divine Aura enveloped and protected me I shouted at him, "Take it and use it!" He understood the intention right away.

He disappeared just as my aura faded. I follow him out of the dungeon by using my own Gate spell. I did it. He didn't have to die.

Soloing Phinigel
    A small number of guildies and I had made our way through Kedge Keep to kill Phinigel for my Bard epic. I had only just turned 54 and had never visited Kedge Keep before, but several of the folks I was with had experience with the zone.

We made it to Phinigels lair easily enough, but for whatever reason we were having an extremely hard time with the swirlspine guardians. After several wipes, we decided it was best to try it again another time and maybe with more people.

A few hours after our group disbanded I had an idea. Phinigel had just been changed to be mezzable and I could use my new level 53 mez.

I was extremely nervous... I had never been in Kedge by myself and I had no enduring breath item. The good news, I had managed to make my way through the Keep and into the area above his chamber without dying. Using my lull ability, I managed to make my way down past the swirlspine guardians without being noticed. I then plunged down to the floor to get distance from them and to find Phinigel.

We start fighting and I realize I have no idea what I am doing. I keep messing up my song rotation and missing enduring breath. Between the drowning, him nuking me, and my fear that I might somehow agro the swirlspines from above... I was extremely nervous at this point. He nearly kills me before I remember that he can be mezzed... so I do so. The mez takes hold with me having just a bare sliver of health left.

Phew...

I twist the mez, my eb, and a health regeneration song until I am full health. I can't really let him nuke me. I need to use my mez as an interrupt. That's my answer.

I start attacking while twisting mez, eb, mez, and a haste song. It's working!!! This fight suddenly feels sooo much easier without me being nuked... or you know... drowning.

Phinigel dies. I did it! I really did it! I couldn't have been a happier Bard!

This post was edited by lasmori at March 13, 2017 2:23 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    March 13, 2017 3:51 AM PDT

Moved to Off-Topic as this is about another game and doesn;t relate to General Pantheon discussion, please be mindful of where you post topics like this to save being moderated and to help keep information easy to find and consolidated in their correct subforums. :)

• 2138 posts
    March 17, 2017 4:00 PM PDT

We were in our upper 30's lower 40's and the Troll suggested we try Kaesora. Troll SK, Half elf Druid, Erudite mage anbd high elf cleric/ The troll SK and I had been grouping as a pair prior to meeting the druid and cleric and we all seemed to do very well together. Our intention was to only peek inside and see what we could manage. Being careful, we bound right outside as Kaesora was considered a city.

We made it past the first trap and into the spider room- we had no CC so we had to manage. It was rough- alot of squeezing into corners as best we could, but only one was out of range of the spiders legs no matter what arrangement we made with the druid rooting. We then started following the corridors.

After a while we realized we made it right down to the library!. It took a while and it was getting late in RL (but not too late, and this is important) so we decided to med up and have the druid port us out.

For whatever reason, we got aggro from two monsters while we were at half mana. We managed, and the druid started to port because we were scared. Then, three more came right at us! we tried to protect the druid and the troll refused to FD to instead keep all the aggro while I was OT'ing the three in sequence with the elemental- because the cleric was getting hit and needed to keep the SK alive!

We didnt make it. Cold and naked we appeared outside the entrance to Kaesora. Just then a goofy Iksar monk also appeared. Also naked. He also died but near the entrance however- (so he was no where near us). We asked him if he could join us because we needed all the help we could get and maybe we could help each other get our corpses.

So I summoned all the armor and jewelry I could for everyone that could wear it, as well as weapons. I asked what were peoples best weapon ( the skill they were the highest in) because we would need as much DPS as we could muster, even if it meant meleing for the cleric and the mage. The goofy monk, asked for a 2HB because he wanted to skill up 2HB and I was like what?. The troll suggested he only choose a weapon where he was highest skilled- and 1hb it was.

So full Mana, and summoned armor and weapons, we attempted the first spider room. For whatever reason the goofy Iksar FD's after he got all his armor as his corpse was in that room and he looted his corpse first while we were fighting and we were shouting at him to get up because we needed the DPS- he mentioned something about not being healed and we were like- what- 25pct and you'll get a heal- that's how we roll, you're not going to be topped off all the time -ESPECIALLY NOW- heh- being naked and needing all effort. He got up and started helping. We beat the spiders and sat to med.  The goofy iksar offered to pull but the Troll said he would pull. We also had ot explain to the monk we were fighting down and staying ahead of the re-spawns. We started to send tells to each other- this was before fellowships- but kept silent.

The goofy iksar finally got into the swing of things and a;though a few adds here and there that he pulled- and we made it! We got to our corpses!. Secretly, I was hoping to get a power of water- but none had dropped. We medded up and were about to port when a group of much higher level players just stormed past us- killing everything in their path- we were afraid of being caught in a train because they dragged everything after them- and the druids port spell fizzled. With everythig cleared, they stopped and talked to us, Buffed us, and mentioned they were there for the librarian because it had a book for their cleric. And then ran out before we could say thank you! (but not before the leader sent me a secret tell asking if I had started my epic and I said well, its more of a dream, and then opened a trade window to give me a power of water! he secretly told me it dropped just outside where we were, while they were on their way in)

The naked corpse run- fighting down to our bodies in summoned armor was thrilling, exciting and nerve wracking- and a big boost to confidence for our group. We always looked for each other and we maintained that core group for a good number of years.

This post was edited by Manouk at March 17, 2017 4:09 PM PDT